My televised card for UFC 85

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » My televised card for UFC 85
ricoj3323
4/26/08 3:29:52AM
Heres what the televised card should be, because all these fights have big names and all of them more then likely will be good fights

Matt Hughes vs. Thiago Alves
-Michael Bisping vs. Chris Leben
-Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick
-Rashad Evans vs. James Irvin
-Fabricio Werdum vs. Brandon Vera
-Martin Kampmann vs. Jorge Rivera
-Nate Marquardt vs. Thales Leites

what do you think the televised card will be???
EON
4/26/08 3:55:58AM
Put the Cane / Lambert fight on the main card, sure there less known but its a guarenteed KO which i see going to Cane.

And take out the Marquardt / Leites fight, there will only be 5 fights on the main card and 1-2 more if the main card fights are short.

The Rashad / Irvin fight... nah, probably going to be a snoozefest....Make the shortest fight(s) of the night on the replays after the main event.

EDIT: Or if they dont put in the Cane / Lambert fight in, Chonan / Carnairo will be very good and another guarenteed KO fight is the Taylor / Liaudon fight along with Hardonk's next victim Neil Wain
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/26/08 7:35:43AM

Posted by EON

Put the Cane / Lambert fight on the main card, sure there less known but its a guarenteed KO which i see going to Cane.

And take out the Marquardt / Leites fight, there will only be 5 fights on the main card and 1-2 more if the main card fights are short.

The Rashad / Irvin fight... nah, probably going to be a snoozefest....Make the shortest fight(s) of the night on the replays after the main event.

EDIT: Or if they dont put in the Cane / Lambert fight in, Chonan / Carnairo will be very good and another guarenteed KO fight is the Taylor / Liaudon fight along with Hardonk's next victim Neil Wain

Have you even seen the past couple fight of Lambert's ? never ever put one of his fights on a main card, EVER!
kevietre
4/26/08 8:37:01AM
Im excited for Martin Hitman vs. Jorge Rivera but it probably won't make the main card. Martin is coming back after about a year and Jorge is coming off a big win should be a slugfest.
prozacnation1978
4/26/08 8:43:31AM
i just don't understand why nate the great vs leites is off the main card, they just booked too many fights now, with hughes fight they don't need the bisping fight, i think they should get rid of the evans match, most of evans matches end up in decisions anyways. might be a snoozefest, all the others are solid, can't wait to watch them, but i hope a swing bout if time permits will be the marquadt match, as long as it doesn't end in a decision i don't see why the ufc wouldn't show it
EON
4/26/08 10:35:21AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by EON

Have you even seen the past couple fight of Lambert's ? never ever put one of his fights on a main card, EVER!

A knockout of Babalu (one of the biggest underdog wins in a long time) and a KO loss Gouveia, hardly qualfies of your bad judgement / bashing...why are you the one to bring up Lambert not being "main card worthy" besides you picked him to beat Gouveia by knockout. Read what i said more carefully "Sure there less known but its a guarenteed KO" which i see Cane winning.
rabbit915
4/26/08 12:01:50PM
Heres mine:

Thiago Alves vs Matt Hughes (Main Event)
Fabricio Werdum vs Brandon Vera (Co Main Event
Mike Swick vs Marcus Davis
Nate Marquardt vs Thales Leites
Micheal Bisping vs Chris Leben

Swing bouts
Rashad Evans vs James Irvin
Ryo Chonan vs Roan Carniero
bigbubbano23
4/26/08 12:19:21PM
is this going to be ppv or spike?
bam383
4/26/08 2:12:19PM
Without a title fight on the card, imo they need to go with a 6 fight card and go from there.

All of these fights should be televised because at least one of the fighters needs exposure as they are in the upcoming title picture.

Of the 7 fights listed, I believe 6 should be main card, with Rashad vs. Irvin as the swing bout. That said, it's not fair that Evans goes from main event status to undercard because Chuck gets injured.

Because of that I think Kampann vs. Rivera goes to the swing bout/undercard. If Kampann wins this fight after his long lay off, then it's time to get him back on the main card and work him into the title hunt with consecutive wins.