Teammates? UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon says he would fight his own brother

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Teammates? UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon says he would fight his own brother
emfleek
9/3/09 4:40:57PM
Will teammates be forced to fight each other in the UFC? The answer to that depends on who you ask.

UFC officials say it will happen if they deem it necessary, while some members of prominent training camps say they'd never sign on to face a training partner.

But don't count UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon among those unwilling to face anyone the organization puts in front of him. In fact, "J-Lau" recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) he'd even fight his own brother, Dan.

STORY
fizzle
9/3/09 4:43:00PM
I bet Joe and Dan have fought numerous times over the years. Where is the big deal in making it offical?
Khaos
9/3/09 4:48:42PM

Posted by fizzle

I bet Joe and Dan have fought numerous times over the years. Where is the big deal in making it offical?

Actually there's a bonus feature on the TUF 5 dvd set that shows them "fighting" in (presumably) their front yard.
emfleek
9/3/09 4:55:12PM
It'd be fun to watch, that's for sure.
Mayhem13
9/3/09 5:01:03PM
Joe would probably whoop Dans ass....but id watch!

The whole brothers thing, would definately spark some interest and hype in the fight for me..
roger
9/3/09 5:11:54PM
I believe team mates should have to fight eachother fighting is a one man sport you have sparring partners. i like fighting my team mates cause we both have an edge on eachother we know what to look for and expect. always leads to a good fight
Chuteboxer
9/3/09 5:35:32PM
I've fought my own twin brother before. There's nothing like a family fight, I say...

Lauzon vs. Lauzon. I'd love to see it.
BustedKnuckle
9/3/09 5:48:56PM
These guys are professionals and should fight anyone that ios put in front of them. Flat out.
roger
9/3/09 5:53:36PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

These guys are professionals and should fight anyone that ios put in front of them. Flat out.

^AGREED Fighting is not a team sport
GrandMaster313
9/3/09 5:53:51PM
Hey maybe they could throw in Hughes Vs. Hughes while their at it !
KaibaThedon
9/3/09 5:55:30PM

Posted by Khaos

Posted by fizzle

Actually there's a bonus feature on the TUF 5 dvd set that shows them "fighting" in (presumably) their front yard.

Yeah I watched this and was quite entertained actually they're throwing bombs to each other's faces lol.

Joe comes out on top
postman
9/3/09 9:29:19PM

Posted by roger

I believe team mates should have to fight eachother fighting is a one man sport you have sparring partners. i like fighting my team mates cause we both have an edge on eachother we know what to look for and expect. always leads to a good fight

You claim to fight but don't see the team asspect of it? Interesting.
Hendo67
9/3/09 9:34:08PM
These two would totally fight each other, haha
prozacnation1978
9/3/09 10:26:55PM
i love his attitude!! wish more fighters know business is business
everyone's goal should be that belt, but to not fight a team mate to get it
what are you there for??
Gogoplatapus
9/4/09 12:06:52AM

Posted by GrandMaster313

Hey maybe they could throw in Hughes Vs. Hughes while their at it !

I'd love to see them kill each other.

On the real, sign Lauzon v Lauzon. Would be a great story.
scobac
9/4/09 3:10:43AM

Posted by postman

Posted by roger

I dont think he said he dosnt see the team aspect of it, there is def a team aspect of fighting and training any art in its pure form. But, and a huge But when you fight at a high level it is about the money and about the belt not about the guy who let you beat his ass in the gym. I think more guys should float from gym to gym in order get better and to avoid man crush relationships, nobody and I meen nobody is going to help you when you step into the ring or cage (cornermen excluded ofcourse). At a ufc level it is all about your success and if it is not you will never reep the benefits of being on top.
jocka
9/4/09 10:51:26AM
Personally there is some of my training partner i would not want to fight but i only fight amateur if you fight professionally i believe you should be ready to fight everyone in your weight class.
Nightmare27
9/4/09 11:28:10AM
This is the dumbest thread Ive seen in a while. Anybody who does train and says that they would fight their teammate or their brother in this case must not train at a good gym. When I say that I mean the sense of friendship and brotherhood that comes with sharing blood and sweat together, sharing knowledge and spending hours apon hours to make eachother better. Fighting is a team sport in my opinion and nothing would change that for me. Not to mention neither Lauzon is going to be fighting for a belt ever so why would anybody want to see it other than just for kicks. Stupid thing to say if you ask me, I hope JLo feels real tough.
Aaronno9
9/4/09 12:32:42PM
I wouldnt fight a friend, and if I was part of a top, tight camp, I wouldnt fight a training partner.

I would however, fight my brother.
postman
9/4/09 4:42:22PM

Posted by scobac

Posted by postman

Posted by roger

I dont think he said he dosnt see the team aspect of it, there is def a team aspect of fighting and training any art in its pure form. But, and a huge But when you fight at a high level it is about the money and about the belt not about the guy who let you beat his ass in the gym. I think more guys should float from gym to gym in order get better and to avoid man crush relationships, nobody and I meen nobody is going to help you when you step into the ring or cage (cornermen excluded ofcourse). At a ufc level it is all about your success and if it is not you will never reep the benefits of being on top.

Its intresting you say cornermen excluded ....Lil Nog is getting some heat for not want to fight Machida but he is usually in his corner. It is about your success but with out your training partners you won't go anywhere.