Teammate didn't make picks, but we still climbed 4 ranks?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Teammate didn't make picks, but we still climbed 4 ranks?
texuspete00
12/11/08 12:31:32PM
Ok, so I have kind of had a policy that if you don't make picks you are gone (I'm capatin). Somehow, my team still climbed to 8 from 12 in the welterweight category with a member making 0 picks. I know there used to be a hole in the system in regards to cherry picking that they supposedly closed, but it didn't seem like we did poorly.

Is it because he didn't pick ANY fights? Anyone know how this works?
DCRage
12/11/08 12:35:02PM
The way you said it, your team actually climbed DOWN in rankings, not up.

Edit: I see...I would fix your post though. Remember that the stats also take your camp's overall performance into account, so a team can move up even if someone doesn't make a pick or two.
texuspete00
12/11/08 12:57:14PM
Yeah I agree it came out wrong. Fixed.
tuvok500
12/11/08 1:04:52PM

Posted by texuspete00

Ok, so I have kind of had a policy that if you don't make picks you are gone (I'm capatin). Somehow, my team still climbed to 8 from 12 in the welterweight category with a member making 0 picks. I know there used to be a hole in the system in regards to cherry picking that they supposedly closed, but it didn't seem like we did poorly.

Is it because he didn't pick ANY fights? Anyone know how this works?

When a guy don't make any picks and any wagers , the system don't count him as a participant of the event, so if you are let's say a team of 40 and 3 guys don't make any picks and wagers your team score for the event will be determine by 37 members only.

But if a guy make even only 1 pick or 1 wager he will count as a participant and destroy your team effort.

texuspete00
12/11/08 5:08:39PM
Props. Thanks. Maybe he should skip making picks more often. :D
Whispering_Death
1/19/09 3:52:54PM
Bumping old thread for clarification.

If members of a camp do not make any picks for an event, then they do not negatively impact a fight camp's ranking?
Wolfenstein
1/19/09 5:36:47PM
Just a thought...couldn't this be heavily exploited by a team? Say like a HW team only has 10 people picking for the event, as opposed to 40 people picking on another HW team.
FlashyG
1/19/09 5:44:21PM
I may be wrong but I think in the case of a HW camp only having 10 people pick, depending on the amount of events passed it would likely drop the camp from the Heavyweight division to the LHW division or even Middleweight.

I think they take the total # of people who made picks for your camp and average it out over the number of events passed.
DoTheMMAth
1/19/09 8:33:24PM

Posted by FlashyG

I think they take the total # of people who made picks for your camp and average it out over the number of events passed.

This.
ncordless
1/19/09 11:35:08PM
Let me preface this by saying that I am not encouraging this and think it would be a pathetic way to play the game...

But if I understand this right it would be possible for a Heavyweight camp with 50 members to have all 50 members pick for only 5 events, after which they could have only the top 12 members pick the remaining fights and still qualify for the HW division.

You could move the numbers around to any combination to fit any division. Something about that does not seem fair to me.
MMAcca
1/20/09 1:26:24AM

Posted by ncordless

Let me preface this by saying that I am not encouraging this and think it would be a pathetic way to play the game...

But if I understand this right it would be possible for a Heavyweight camp with 50 members to have all 50 members pick for only 5 events, after which they could have only the top 12 members pick the remaining fights and still qualify for the HW division.

You could move the numbers around to any combination to fit any division. Something about that does not seem fair to me.

and wouldn't be surprised if some people have already figured this out and started using it.