Team Tompkins

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Team Tompkins
Basshandsome
2/18/08 11:30:19PM
Hey, I went to Team Tompkins tonight and it was pretty awesome. I haven’t done too much training before and I just wanted to go check it out. I went to a beginner Muay Thai Class. We did some cardio work, and then hit pads for a while. We did some work throwing combos and what not. It was a pretty cool place; they had weights, a big mat, and a ring inside there. I didn’t actually get to see any of the big name fighters though, but I am sure ill be back. Overall it was a great experience.

If anyone doesn’t know, Team Tompkins is a gym in London, Ontario that has produced fighters like Sam Stout, Mark Hominick, Chris Clements, Krzysztof Soszynski, and Chris Horodecki.
loonytnt
2/18/08 11:33:34PM
nice, i love to see people trainin, keep it up
RMFG_187
2/18/08 11:52:43PM
Mark Hominick, Jeff Joslin, and Chris Horodecki are going to be running the new Xtreme Couture training facility opening up in Toronto. You know what that means?
Im switching gyms LMAO
Rush
2/20/08 2:54:30PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Mark Hominick, Jeff Joslin, and Chris Horodecki are going to be running the new Xtreme Couture training facility opening up in Toronto. You know what that means?
Im switching gyms LMAO

Where in Toronto?
madmarck
2/21/08 6:19:19PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by RMFG_187

Im switching gyms LMAO

Where in Toronto?

Who knows yet. There was a big article on sherdog about it a while back though.
ufc88
2/27/08 6:28:55AM
its opening up in mississauga which is like 45 mins outside of toronto
im pretty sure its on kipling
Rush
2/27/08 9:59:14AM

Posted by ufc88

its opening up in mississauga which is like 45 mins outside of toronto
im pretty sure its on kipling

Kipling is not Mississauga. It's Etobicoke, which is Toronto. I'm sure the 427 divides Toronto from Missisauga.

I ask because I had to quit aikido for time to write papers and my thesis. I don't know if I will have time once my son is born, but if I can train then I would like to try something new.
mmadb
2/28/08 8:37:56AM
The above poster is correct, it's not in Mississauga. I was considering checking it out when it opens but I don't think I can pull off that commute on a regular basis. Hell, it might be faster to drive there from London instead of the east end of Toronto during rush hour.

Man I hate this city sometimes.

Here's the website by the way, it only has a schedule but hopefully one day they actually update it (it's been like this for months). I've even sent an e-mail but never did get a response.

http://www.xtremecouture.ca/

Some additional information I found...

Mark Bocek will also be a trainer there.

Xtreme Couture-Toronto Grand Opening
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Time: 10:00am - 7:00pm
700 Kipling Avenue
Toronto, ON
Come down and meet Randy Couture and friends.

At the very least I'll be at the grand opening, that's for sure.
Rush
2/28/08 8:46:36AM
thanks for the info.

I plan on attending.
Rush
3/30/08 11:05:47AM

Posted by mmadb

The above poster is correct, it's not in Mississauga. I was considering checking it out when it opens but I don't think I can pull off that commute on a regular basis. Hell, it might be faster to drive there from London instead of the east end of Toronto during rush hour.

Man I hate this city sometimes.

Here's the website by the way, it only has a schedule but hopefully one day they actually update it (it's been like this for months). I've even sent an e-mail but never did get a response.

http://www.xtremecouture.ca/

Some additional information I found...

Mark Bocek will also be a trainer there.

Xtreme Couture-Toronto Grand Opening
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Time: 10:00am - 7:00pm
700 Kipling Avenue
Toronto, ON
Come down and meet Randy Couture and friends.

At the very least I'll be at the grand opening, that's for sure.

I was there yesterday and the place was not even close to being finished. Nothing was set up other than a desk with a phone. I know it was the right place because there was a rolled up Xtreme Couture poster by the window as well as instructions for a cage.

I was concerned about this place not being open and I googled the name of it for news and found no updates. I wonder how many other people went there and found the same.... I saw at least one other person pull up in a black vehicle as we were leaving.

All in all I was disappointed in the lack of professionalism handling this announcement. The web site only had a schedule but no updated news regarding the progress of the actual place and/or open house. The lack of answering email was also not a good sign. I wonder if they are even reading them. I might just send an email saying how disappointed I was in hopes that someone reads it.
grazz
4/9/08 9:46:12PM
figures, im moving to London, ON for like 8 months next year and 1/2 the guys from Team Tompkins are going up there haha oh well
Rush
4/10/08 11:46:50AM

Posted by grazz

figures, im moving to London, ON for like 8 months next year and 1/2 the guys from Team Tompkins are going up there haha oh well

No way man. What's up? Did you get a job there?
grazz
4/10/08 7:29:58PM
got in to teachers college at Western sooooo yeah, im gonna check them out while im there if i have the time.....muay thai is great as well man i highly recommend it :)
Rush
4/10/08 10:50:26PM

Posted by grazz

got in to teachers college at Western sooooo yeah, im gonna check them out while im there if i have the time.....muay thai is great as well man i highly recommend it :)

So I take it you are not at aikido right now? Where are you doing MT? Toronto BJJ?
richieb19
4/11/08 4:01:59PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Im switching gyms LMAO

I thought Jeff had his own place in Hamilton?
Rush
4/11/08 4:59:05PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by RMFG_187

Im switching gyms LMAO

I thought Jeff had his own place in Hamilton?

I always thought it was his dad's place.
grazz
4/12/08 10:57:01PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by grazz

So I take it you are not at aikido right now? Where are you doing MT? Toronto BJJ?

i am doing aikido right now but not as much, im doing MT at the Toronto Kickboxing and Muay Thai Academy. I did my 2 free classes at Toronto BJJ with full intentions of going into BJJ but when i tried MT just for the hell of it i liked it so much i decided to do that instead, and after taking a class at TKMT the instruction there is 100% better on the MT side so i settled on that.

Right now im working my way up to going at least twice a week but my body is still adjusting, its a hell of a work out man.