Team Penn.... Impressive

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Team Penn.... Impressive
Ultimate_fighter
5/18/07 1:15:31AM
I liked 2nights fights becuz, well the total domination. First fight lasted 3 minutes, cuz of Herb Dean not stopping it early(i hate him, its either 2 early or 2 late) 2nd fight was about 1-2 minutes, nice rear naked, made him go to sleep. U snooze u lose, as they say
xthe_scottx
5/18/07 1:25:44AM
It's not that they looked impressive, it's that two of the top 3 guys from Team Penn fought two of the lowest ranked fighters from Team Pulver. I've been expecting Wiman and Maynard to do well from the start.
waylon_o
5/18/07 8:31:29AM
I don't understand why everyone is knocking Herb Dean. Yeah, Maynard has his back and was having his way with him. Those side of the face shots may have hurt a little, but he wasn't getting killed or anything. Weems even told Dean that he was fine. Dean gave him every opportunity that he could give him, and Weems didn't capitalize. IMO Dean didn't stop it too early. If he wasn't in danger of being seriously hurt, he should have gave Weems a chance to escape or mount an intelligent defense.
Rush
5/18/07 10:32:05AM

Posted by waylon_o

I don't understand why everyone is knocking Herb Dean.

I didn't see the show last night, but I think there are other referees that are far worse than Dean. I think he's a decent ref.
mkiv9secsupra
5/18/07 11:25:44AM
yeah herb dean is a decenct ref with some questionable calls but those punches were landing on weems' arms and hands and occasionally on his face. not a bad call by far.

matt wiman everyone knew was going to win. but now he can say he beat a guy that was indestructible AND beat over 300 people in a street fight?! hahaha...what a joke he was.

i think it will come down to Matt Wiman vs Nate Diaz in the finals......and i hope Matt Wiman gets to fight Corey Hill next...Wimans going to drop him with the first punch.....again.......
Ultimate_fighter
5/18/07 12:03:40PM
I am happy that it went from 5-1 to 5-3 in one episode....
pv3Hpv3p
5/18/07 2:04:20PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

It's not that they looked impressive, it's that two of the top 3 guys from Team Penn fought two of the lowest ranked fighters from Team Pulver.

That seemed to be Jens's strategy at the begining of the season
xthe_scottx
5/18/07 4:13:30PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by xthe_scottx

It's not that they looked impressive, it's that two of the top 3 guys from Team Penn fought two of the lowest ranked fighters from Team Pulver.

That seemed to be Jens's strategy at the begining of the season

Of course it was. If you are going to lose some fights, it might as well be to the best fighters from the other team so more of your team members can get to the quarter finals.