team forrest getting all the breaks

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » team forrest getting all the breaks
nickcuc547
5/15/08 2:10:52PM
i can't believe this, first the sene vs. rivera decision, followed by the early stoppage on gerald harris, and then yarbourough shultz doesnt go to a third round. it's all just a coincidence, but team forrest is catching all the breaks, this season is a lot closer than it looks unlike last season where team serra dominated hughes in the first round.

btw shultz vs. yarbourough was probably the worst fight i every saw talent wise, those two guys will not be fighting in the ufc any time soon.
DCRage
5/15/08 2:42:01PM
And who eventually won the war? Hughes. Could be much the same with a Rampage fighter taking it all and an all-Rampage final.
Aaronno9
5/15/08 2:45:51PM
Yup, and considering rampage has still got his strongest member left if CB, i think theres a good chance he could pull a team hughes. Im not so sure itl be an all team rampage final, but id be very suprised if CB wasnt in it.
bullettdodger
5/15/08 2:55:30PM
I don't know about all the breaks, i didn't see that fight going to a third round, i think schultz won 10-9 1st round but the other guy (whose name escapes me atm) won round 2 10-8 by my scoring.
billycarnage
5/15/08 3:00:06PM

Posted by nickcuc547

btw shultz vs. yarbourough was probably the worst fight i every saw talent wise, those two guys will not be fighting in the ufc any time soon.

I think Yarbourough has got mad potential. He just beat two veteran fighters in his first two fights. If UFC gives Corey Hill a shot then I think Yarbourough is in good shape. He won't win the show. He may not even win his next fight but I think we'll see him in the finally and more.
Pookie
5/15/08 3:10:11PM
yeah in my opinion cale won 19-18
round 1: 10-9 schultz
round 2: 10-8 cale
Rush
5/15/08 3:12:15PM
If Forrest's guys win all the fights, history dictates that Rampage's fighter will win the whole show and Rampage will beat Forrest in their fight.

CantAndleDaRiddum
5/15/08 3:20:24PM

Posted by Rush

If Forrest's guys win all the fights, history dictates that Rampage's fighter will win the whole show and Rampage will beat Forrest in their fight.

no matter how TUF 7 goes, Rampage will beat Forrest.
teddythetuna
5/15/08 3:33:41PM
even with both shultz and cale not being very sharp with their standup i was actually impressed with cales cardio. even on the ground he kept throwing elbows and punches and didnt let up for one second. i think he will be an up and comer but shultz even after losing both his fights still decides to start beakin forrest. that was uncalled for
teddythetuna
5/15/08 3:37:35PM
i also dont think the amir/harris fight was stopped early. he got dropped with a knee and was told by the ref to improve his position and didnt. fighters know goin into a fight that it will be stopped if you dont improve your position or int. defend yourself.
holt8081
5/15/08 4:02:14PM

Posted by Rush

Just as BJ penn Beat Pulver.
Raykill
5/15/08 4:05:56PM

Posted by teddythetuna

i also dont think the amir/harris fight was stopped early. he got dropped with a knee and was told by the ref to improve his position and didnt. fighters know goin into a fight that it will be stopped if you dont improve your position or int. defend yourself.

I agree, he took way to long to try to clear his head after a flash ko and was given the chance by the ref to improve. He didnt ,fight over.
Raykill
5/15/08 4:07:47PM

Posted by nickcuc547

i can't believe this, first the sene vs. rivera decision, followed by the early stoppage on gerald harris, and then yarbourough shultz doesnt go to a third round. it's all just a coincidence, but team forrest is catching all the breaks, this season is a lot closer than it looks unlike last season where team serra dominated hughes in the first round.

For two guys that said they are these great stand up guys it looked like a little kid slap fight. (there were a few good shots) But nothing like the hype.
Raykill
5/15/08 4:15:43PM

Posted by teddythetuna

even with both shultz and cale not being very sharp with their standup i was actually impressed with cales cardio. even on the ground he kept throwing elbows and punches and didnt let up for one second. i think he will be an up and comer but shultz even after losing both his fights still decides to start beakin forrest. that was uncalled for

I again agree with you on this point as well. Shultz was pissed, but no reason to talk s**t to forrest. Forrest wasnt even talking to the guy. I like you choice of words too.

Beakin forrest.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pitbull09
5/15/08 4:34:58PM
In the end it really doesnt matter who won the most, just which guy wins the last fight. CB Dollaway is the favorite and he will do good whether his whole team loses or not. Mac did great for Hughes cause its really one pick that matters.

I think the Rivera fight was a bad decision to but its not Forrests fault the judges scored that way. He just knew what would give Rivera the win. Gerald looked lifeless when he went down and he didnt move even after the ref told him to. To me its his own fault cause he showed no proof that he was conscious.

The Shultz fight was terrible. Shultz acts like he has never trained on the ground in his life. If he likes stand up so much, MMA isnt for him. His comment to Forrest at the end was dumb too. It wasnt Forrest's fault you laid and took a beating so bad for a whole round that it was a 10-8 round. I knew it wasnt going to a 3rd just because he did absolutely nothing on offense or barely defense.
Pitbull09
5/15/08 4:37:04PM

Posted by Rush

lol I noticed that too.

Pulver destroyed in teams but BJ was no doubt going to win the fight
Serra dominated teams but most ppl here know Hughes would beat Serra
Forrest is coaching good but Rampage is going to have the last laugh

I guess good fighters have trouble teaching others, odd.
bigbubbano23
5/15/08 5:51:05PM
this is kind of unrelated but i hate when a fighter loses on the show and acts like it's the end of the world. i can understand being upset that your not gonna win the show but if you were good, dana's gonna throw you prelims until u die. and you might even win and move up in the ufc. seems like a lot of unnecessary drama to me (AKA marketing).
kaskd
5/15/08 6:09:50PM
no one's giving credit to Forrest's corner. His coaching in general just seems smarter. What he yells out on the sides it shows that they had a game plan and worked on certain things in practice, his guys also all looked well better conditioned than Rampage's guys. He's always talking about what we worked on, do what we worked on, or you kno how to do this. Rampage goes, GET UP! GET UP! or Pull his hips down, something simple just to improve position slightly.

I think Forrest is a better coach because he's not a better fighter. Rampage has got the talent, but Forrest to succeed at all had to break everything down and understand it because he doesn't have the exact same talent that some of these gifted fighters have. and yes Rampage is gonna kick his ass.
Jackelope
5/15/08 6:34:55PM
Cale showed some crisp combinations, but he didn't show the ability to work into his opponent's range with those combinations and his defense for the jab was pathetic. I've never seen a fighter telegraph his punches like Schultz was doing, and yet Cale couldn't find an answer. His offensive standup is pretty good from a combination throwing perspective (I.E. throwing against a bag or against focus mitts), but he doesn't seem too good at making it work against an actual live opponent.

Schultz isn't even worth talking about. The guy gasses 2 minutes in and loads all his punches after that.... 2 ... 2. ... 2.... 2.... 2 .... 2... 2....
postman
5/15/08 8:13:11PM

Posted by kaskd

no one's giving credit to Forrest's corner. His coaching in general just seems smarter. What he yells out on the sides it shows that they had a game plan and worked on certain things in practice, his guys also all looked well better conditioned than Rampage's guys. He's always talking about what we worked on, do what we worked on, or you kno how to do this. Rampage goes, GET UP! GET UP! or Pull his hips down, something simple just to improve position slightly.

I think Forrest is a better coach because he's not a better fighter. Rampage has got the talent, but Forrest to succeed at all had to break everything down and understand it because he doesn't have the exact same talent that some of these gifted fighters have. and yes Rampage is gonna kick his ass.

I think the other guys in Forrest corner are the better coaches. Forrest seems to say the "smarter" things but editing could have alot to do with it. I'm not sure who the other guy with Forrest is but everything he is telling their guys to do is on point. You do have to admit Pages guys for the most part need to get up before they can be told anything else to do.

For the most part I think it is more editing, if you remeber back to the Hughes Serra, and the Penn Pulver shows, you heard alot more coming from BJ and Serra then the other 2 coaches. I just think the editing process has to account for some of the lack of talk from the other corner.
bigbubbano23
5/15/08 8:41:51PM
he said he was gonna shave his head if that guy one. y didn't he do it.
rampageforprez08
5/15/08 9:06:27PM
you are right, but thats what the fight game comes down to alot of times. depends on what the judge sees and what he happens to not see. its ok tho, CB was made to win this tournament. just like danzig was last season.
GSPCanada
5/15/08 11:36:37PM
Forrest/ his corner men aren't any better than Rampages I just think he is better at choosing matchups. The Creuder fight Rampage was doing better coaching reat but Riddle didn't want to listen and at the end Forrest tells Creduer to just lay on him and steal the round.

The Sene Vs Rivera decision was just terrible but Rampage should have told Brandon to go in for the take down

The Gerald Harris fight was justifiably stopped. The guy has serious power but he is terrible at passing the guard he landed in side control and the half guard so many times and just ended up in the full guard that whole fight all Amir had were those knees and I had a feeling he was going to be caught it was an unlucky breeak that kneed barely made it through I feel bad for Harris I hope we get to see him during fight night
teddythetuna
5/16/08 12:20:59PM
oh im sure harris will be on FN because Dana and Rampage both like him
Ben_Hutch
5/16/08 1:20:14PM

Posted by nickcuc547

no spoilers you muppet
bls1919
5/16/08 8:41:42PM
What would have happened in a third round anyway? Nothing but Cale getiing a TKO bonus, for pounding out a gassed out, beat down Shultz
gimmper
5/16/08 9:16:48PM
Here's the deal...you take a bunch of green fighters and try to build their wind up in the small amount of time you have and let the cards fell where they may....Bottom line is who cares who the better coach is...Rampage will rip Forrests head of in a title match....
jgtribbett
5/17/08 7:30:49AM
i started training again andi've been missing the show.. damn!
MMA
5/17/08 10:22:30AM

Posted by nickcuc547

For the Sene-Rivera fight, going by the UFC rules, it is understandable why Rivera won. Also for the Gerald fight, even he said that he heard the ref say "improve your position" but he just laid there. He was not intelligently defending himself so he lost.

I don't really remember if the 2nd round of the Patrick-Cale fight was really a 10-8 for Cale, but apparently that's how the judges scored it.