Team Canada Wins Gold!!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Team Canada Wins Gold!!
RampageOwnedYou
1/5/09 10:16:20PM
Congrats to the Canadian Junior Hockey team tonight! They won the gold medal game 5 to 1 over the Sweeds. Lets also give a congrats to the US for finishing in 5th!.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
king_katool
1/5/09 10:18:35PM
ye alright good game, penalty kill was the difference we shut them down
cmill21
1/5/09 10:20:22PM
Yes, yes we did win gold!
RampageOwnedYou
1/5/09 10:21:18PM
This is one great thing about being Canadian. We kick ass In hockey!! Wish we were better at other things......but hey. At least we get to look forward to Olympics, and World Juniors, and anything else Hockey related.
DevonFoxy
1/5/09 10:25:29PM
How come we can't have like a baseball tourny...........oh wait we can't even win that but........

cmill21
1/5/09 10:27:35PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

How come we can't have like a baseball tourny...........oh wait we can't even win that but........

It's alright, maybe one day soon your hockey team will do better then 5th
RampageOwnedYou
1/5/09 10:35:04PM
If Steve Nash was such a sellout to his own country and played for us in the olympics we would of been top 5 for sure. But, what can you do, the best canadian 2 x mvp basketball player, hates his own country.
DevonFoxy
1/5/09 10:39:23PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by DevonFoxy

It's alright, maybe one day soon your hockey team will do better then 5th

Yea....im not gonna hold my breath on that one my man.
ohiostate1016
1/5/09 10:41:16PM
Isn't Keith Tkachuck an American? Go figure...all those difficult names in hockey, and an American is one of the ... weirdest?
cmill21
1/6/09 3:33:04AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Isn't Keith Tkachuck an American? Go figure...all those difficult names in hockey, and an American is one of the ... weirdest?

Yeah he is. Lol you guys seemd to be on the right track but for whatever reason you guys aren't able to grasp the team concept, this year you easily had equal to or better talent then us. I was very happy to see us win since I've played against Tokarski, and Jordan Eberle is a frind of mines cousin. I had some vested intrest this year.
Boo_Radley21
1/6/09 12:11:32PM
It must be something in the water in Canada haha we kick ass at hockey. Our junior team has won 5 gold in a row, and did anyone notice we have like the only Olympic team thats all NHL players haha.
DJDark41
1/6/09 5:29:23PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

It must be something in the water in Canada haha we kick ass at hockey. Our junior team has won 5 gold in a row, and did anyone notice we have like the only Olympic team thats all NHL players haha.

Team USA is all NHLers too, and most of Sweden/Finland/Czech is composed of NHL players too. But by far Canada has the best talent overall talent, and I definitly think Canada will win the next set of Olympics.
Hendo67
1/6/09 6:07:03PM
A big thank you to Russia for this win, well...thanks to that Russian D-man.

Overall thoughts..
Markstrom was a tool.
Janus was the best goaltender of the tournament.
Tavares was sick, but got wayy too much attention (crosby anyone?)
Hodgson deserved much more credit, but when tsn only gives a crap about Tavares, it's hard to do.
Anyone else dislike the shootout? i mean, i like it...but there's no need of it when there's an important game on the line like that, c'mon.

As for Team Canada in the 2010...I'm confident in us, i'd like to see Savard make that team so bad.
I think that we will have our work cut out for us, though.
cmill21
1/6/09 10:50:58PM

Posted by Hendo67

Overall thoughts..
Markstrom was a tool.
Hodgson deserved much more credit, but when tsn only gives a crap about Tavares, it's hard to do.
Anyone else dislike the shootout? i mean, i like it...but there's no need of it when there's an important game on the line like that, c'mon.

As for Team Canada in the 2010...I'm confident in us, i'd like to see Savard make that team so bad.

Janus played well but Markstrom was the best tender, yeah he was acting like a bitch but he will be better then Henrik in the NHL. Janus is one of those guys thats hot and cold, and he was hot for the two games you saw, but he let in weak goals, which I don't like to see.
Hendo67
1/8/09 10:55:31AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Hendo67

Overall thoughts..
Markstrom was a tool.

Janus played well but Markstrom was the best tender, yeah he was acting like a bitch but he will be better then Henrik in the NHL. Janus is one of those guys thats hot and cold, and he was hot for the two games you saw, but he let in weak goals, which I don't like to see.

Markstrom will not be better than Henrik, lol. Janus played on a shitty team, and was peppered so much, If he played with Sweden he would have put up numbers near Markstroms, imo.
cmill21
1/8/09 3:06:24PM

Posted by Hendo67

Markstrom will not be better than Henrik, lol. Janus played on a shitty team, and was peppered so much, If he played with Sweden he would have put up numbers near Markstroms, imo.

You do know that Markstrom is the best goalie in the Swedish elite league at 18 right? lol Lundqvuist played in that same league, at the same age, and ended up back in the junior league. Markstrom's also bigger and he has all the tools to be tops in the league, his only down fall will be playing for Florida . Janus playes for the Erie Otters and he isn't much if you watch him on a regular basis.
madmarck
1/8/09 9:40:03PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Every notice how all the NHL teams are East European and Russian Players?
Why no Frenchmen or Belgians on skates?