Team based fight league in Brazil

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Team based fight league in Brazil
pv3Hpv3p
7/12/07 2:48:02PM
Didn't see this on the first couple of pages so I thought I'd throw it out there in case someone was interested...

Looks like an IFL type format, and they have a pretty good start for coaches:

Murilo Bustamante, Wanderlei Silva, Pedro Rizzo, & Antonio Rogerio Nogueira

Don't know if it'll be telivised or what, but if your interested here's the link from the Dog
richieb19
7/12/07 3:19:31PM
I made a thread a few days ago in the news section...
pv3Hpv3p
7/12/07 5:57:06PM

Posted by richieb19

My bad... I just checked the other orgs for it... Prolly just delete this one
Northrend
7/12/07 7:52:14PM
I had a dream last night about this (I knew about it prior to my dream) that Wandy's team went 6-2 (Don't think they even have 8 fighters haha)

richieb19
7/12/07 10:44:56PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by richieb19

My bad... I just checked the other orgs for it... Prolly just delete this one

Nah, I'll leave it... News comes and goes so quickly, but this is something worth talking about...
Stickan
7/13/07 7:28:31AM
Something that bothers me is that the team names aren't in plural. Every other team I've ever heard of is in plural. Panthers, Giants, Senators, whatevers.... now it's Hurricane, Tsunami, WildFire and .. can't remember the last team.

It looks like a pretty cool concept with the draft and all and I'm curious to see how this all unfolds.
pv3Hpv3p
7/13/07 11:19:26AM

Posted by Stickan

Something that bothers me is that the team names aren't in plural. Every other team I've ever heard of is in plural. Panthers, Giants, Senators, whatevers.... now it's Hurricane, Tsunami, WildFire and .. can't remember the last team.

It looks like a pretty cool concept with the draft and all and I'm curious to see how this all unfolds.

But if you think of the team embodying the spirit of that specific force of nature... Err, something like that... Sorry, I had to try...

I don't know much about Portugese, but maybe it just has to do with grammer in that language???

I wonder if this will be somehow televised??? I'd love to see ProElite pick it up and stream it or something