UFC targeting 'TUF: Australia vs. U.K.' for 2012, eyes Brisbane for finale

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC targeting 'TUF: Australia vs. U.K.' for 2012, eyes Brisbane for finale
jjeans
1/19/12 6:15:09PM
While Brazil has been awarded the first-ever international edition of "The Ultimate Fighter," Australia may not be far behind.

At a Thursday press gathering Down Under, UFC managing director of international development Marshall Zelaznik said the company is "close" to securing a deal for "TUF: Australia vs. U.K."

If signed, the series would likely film in Australia later this year, and Brisbane's Brisbane Entertainment Center has been earmarked to host the finale.

"We are close to getting 'TUF: Australia vs. U.K.' done, and if we can close that, we will look to hold the finale in Brisbane," Zelznik today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Current plans for "TUF: Australia vs. U.K." call for the series to be filmed and aired via tape delay in similar fashion to the U.S. version of "TUF" during its 15 seasons on Spike TV. Zelaznik did not reveal if the company has discussed potential coaches or when the series would likely tape/air.

LINK
prozacnation1978
1/19/12 6:36:12PM
Who will coach the aussies?
DeadHead988
1/19/12 6:47:31PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Brian Ebersole?
jjeans
1/19/12 6:55:07PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by prozacnation1978

Brian Ebersole?

Ebersole Hardy?
If Bisping Loses against Sonnen, Bisping vs Noke?
George Sotiropoulos vs Paul Sass?
FastKnockout
1/19/12 7:10:20PM
NO MORE BISPING.
ChokeUout
1/19/12 10:28:43PM
I predict that the aussies will dominate...

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!
DrivenDavies15
1/19/12 10:54:09PM
Would be a fun season to watch but I REALLY hope we don't see Bisping as a coach again... not a big fan of the guy lol
Lesnar1
1/19/12 11:23:03PM

Posted by ChokeUout

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!

I'm with ya on that, this will be Awesome!! it'll help breed a whole bunch of new Aussie fighters into the UFC. I say have Anthony Perosh, Brian Ebersole, George Sotorpilos, James Te Huna or maybe even Mark Hunt as potential coaches. I'm super excited for this
Malaussie
1/20/12 12:09:35AM
YES!!!!!!!!!! DIEGO SANCHEZ CARTWHEEL YES!!!!!!!!! Man I am stoked. Huge opportunity for up and coming Aussie fighters. I wonder if one of my trainers is going to tryout for this. Brisbane has so much kickboxing talent i wonder if any of them will tryout.
Budgellism
1/20/12 1:46:41AM

Posted by Lesnar1

Posted by ChokeUout

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!

I'm with ya on that, this will be Awesome!! it'll help breed a whole bunch of new Aussie fighters into the UFC. I say have Anthony Perosh, Brian Ebersole, George Sotorpilos, James Te Huna or maybe even Mark Hunt as potential coaches. I'm super excited for this

Mark Hunt as a TUF coach would be all kinds of awesome.