UFC targeting summer for Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem title fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC targeting summer for Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem title fight
BuffaloDave
1/4/12 9:35:15AM
The UFC's first heavyweight title fight of 2012 is likely to take place mid-year.

While on Tuesday's debut episode of "UFC Today" on FUEL TV, UFC president Dana White said he's tentatively scheduling a bout between heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos (14-1 MMA, 8-0 UFC) and recent UFC 141 winner Alistair Overeem (36-11 MMA, 1-0 UFC) for the summer.

However, no specific date has been determined.

"Hopefully this summer," White said when asked about the heavyweight tilt. "This summer is probably when it's going to go down.

"Alistair wants to take some time off. Dos Santos is ready but needs to get some training in. So hopefully, this summer."

LINK
airkerma
1/4/12 10:57:29AM
Can't wait that long, this fight needs to happen tomorrow at absolute latest.
sparky
1/4/12 2:00:25PM
These are my 2 fav fighters right now so this fight kind of hurts me to watch. Should be a stand up war for as long as it lasts. Ill be rooting for the R33M but will more than likely take JDS to win!!!
KungFuMaster
1/4/12 7:41:28PM
The names alone are enough to hype this fight. These are two big names but I have a feeling it will result in an anti-climatic end.

The ufc should book two exciting fighters for the co-main event who are not necessarily big names but have tendencies to put on great performances and or great show of courage e.g. Leben, Akiyama, Wiman, Guida, Zombie etc.
Aether
1/4/12 7:45:05PM

Posted by airkerma

Can't wait that long, this fight needs to happen tomorrow at absolute latest.

I'll save you the suspense, then. JDS wins by KO.
DrivenDavies15
1/4/12 8:20:38PM
ahhhhhh too long!!
Lol all well it'll be worth the wait when Overeem goes in and shows JDS who the best striker in the division is
Bubbles
1/5/12 8:47:12PM
really? we need to wait over 6 months for this? Overeem and JDS just fought a combined fight time of like 3 minutes. make it sooner so we can actually have a 2nd HW title fight this year
State_Champ
1/5/12 9:42:49PM
I'll take JDS by (T)KO