With all the talk about dominating athletes?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » With all the talk about dominating athletes?
Mchubb316
8/11/08 10:56:56PM
Sports topics such as who is the most dominating athlete in their sport occur all the time. You hear names like, A-Rod, Kobe, Lebron, Lance Armstrong, Tiger, Fedor, and so on. A guy who is being overlooked in my opinion is Michael Phelps. Could he be arguably the most dominate sports figure as far as other competitors in his sport are concerned? I think he has to be talked about in this debate. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
MALICE
8/11/08 11:11:09PM
Amazing is what I think. Complete domination in every event. Untouchable. Making History as we speak.
loller90278
8/11/08 11:15:58PM
i agree as well. that guys in a league of his own.

on the same note, the 4x100 relay was amazing last night. france vs usa in a dead heat to the finish
Gipper
8/11/08 11:27:01PM
i guess if you count swimming as a top sport. i'd sure like to see fedor knock him out with a jab.
TimW001
8/12/08 12:10:53AM
In my opinion, Phelps is about as big as Armstrong.
Mchubb316
8/12/08 12:32:56AM

Posted by Gipper

i guess if you count swimming as a top sport. i'd sure like to see fedor knock him out with a jab.

I don't count swimming at one of the top sports, I don't count cycling as a top sport either. That doesn't take anything away from the athletic abilty of it's competitors, and the fact you have to be in amazing shape to excel at it. Swimming is an Olympic event, and there is not a guy one that is close to Phelps' level.
DCRage
8/12/08 6:52:23AM
I think it's safe to say Phelps also dominates in the "ridiculously outrageous celebrations caught on camera" area too:

Looks familiar...
murphy_16
8/12/08 12:04:57PM
******* phelps i hate that bastard i want him to lose