Anyone Else Taking Fitch over Diego

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Anyone Else Taking Fitch over Diego
thepunisher
7/13/07 12:09:10PM
I locked in my pick Fitch over dirty
Twenty20Dollars
7/13/07 12:12:37PM
I hate seeing two guys that I like fight. But I just think fitch will take the win.
warglory
7/13/07 12:33:18PM
Yup. Fitch is a juggernaut waiting to truly be unleashed.
tepid55
7/13/07 2:23:53PM
Fitch will dominate Sanchez.
DevonFoxy
7/13/07 2:45:16PM
Oh how fast we forget how many wins Diego has over top fighters. He had an amazing win over Karo Parisyan and a win over Nick Diaz. Thats very impressive resume an he has one lost over 18 fights but everyone is probably right when they say he is overrated. I think its a little premature to give the fight to Fitch. I don't think Fitch has ever fought someone on the level of Sanchez and some one who is gonna be out to prove he inst overrated and better then his showing against Kos.
I'm going Sanchez in a UD.
CwB
7/13/07 2:46:26PM
i took fitch over sanchez just cause i hate sanchez.

but there is no way in hell fitch is going to dominate this fight, they both match up pretty evenly. hopefully sanchez is in a better state of mind so he doesnt fight like he did when he fought koscheck.
AmericanFighterAce
7/13/07 2:56:18PM
Deigo is best when people come to him, and what does Fitch like to do? Go at his opponent. I am a huge Jon Fitch fan, but I think Diego is going to give him alot of problems.

Fitch is hands down probably one of the most underrated fighters in MMA today, and he is one of the best, but I can see Deigo being Deigo again and taking down Fitch somehow getting out of Fitch's arsenal of submission and ground and pounding in round 2 stopping Fitch's train.

I like both fighters alot Fitch and Sanchez are two of my favortie fighters in that division, but to get to the top you got to fight the best, and no doubt about it, underneath GSP, Hughes, Serra and Karo, you got these guys, scrapping to get to the top.

I honestly think the winner of this fights Karo and the winner of that fights the Winner of GSP/Kos vs, Serra/Hughes
DevonFoxy
7/13/07 3:02:09PM

Posted by AmericanFighterAce

Deigo is best when people come to him, and what does Fitch like to do? Go at his opponent. I am a huge Jon Fitch fan, but I think Diego is going to give him alot of problems.

Fitch is hands down probably one of the most underrated fighters in MMA today, and he is one of the best, but I can see Deigo being Deigo again and taking down Fitch somehow getting out of Fitch's arsenal of submission and ground and pounding in round 2 stopping Fitch's train.

I like both fighters alot Fitch and Sanchez are two of my favortie fighters in that division, but to get to the top you got to fight the best, and no doubt about it, underneath GSP, Hughes, Serra and Karo, you got these guys, scrapping to get to the top.

I honestly think the winner of this fights Karo and the winner of that fights the Winner of GSP/Kos vs, Serra/Hughes

Im guessing you "accidently" forgot to mention Josh Koscheck in that list right??
Love him or hate him he's definitely higher on the scale then Karo right now. You have to give him credit.
MMA_Needs_Mayhem
7/13/07 3:07:44PM
I share the sentiment with DevonFoxy in terms of Short Term Memory Loss that many suffer from. Diego wrecked so many great welterweight contenders and ever since he lost that fight to Koschek, there have been many who have jumped off of the 'Dirty' bandwagon.

Diego had a staph infection that drains the life out of the best of fighters for the fight with Kos. Remember, Griffin didn't take a fight due to it and if people remember TUF 4 (wouldn't we like to forget), Din Thomas was physically drained from the infection. Diego is still a top WW and one loss doesn't make you the underdog, especially since the winner is now in a contender's fight.

Now to the fight, Fitch is a tough dude and so is Diego. But that Carneiro fight was scary to watch as I was rooting for fitch. He was getting handled on the ground at times. That Anaconda choke was pretty tight. I see that Fitch has the momentum and always improving, but Diego has something to prove and will win this fight and his resume speaks volumes over Fitch. I see the Jackson camp starting to make a rebound after an abysmal UFC 73 (0-2-1) and Diego feeling like the Ol' Dirty again.
thepunisher
7/13/07 3:55:29PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Oh how fast we forget how many wins Diego has over top fighters. He had an amazing win over Karo Parisyan and a win over Nick Diaz. Thats very impressive resume an he has one lost over 18 fights but everyone is probably right when they say he is overrated. I think its a little premature to give the fight to Fitch. I don't think Fitch has ever fought someone on the level of Sanchez and some one who is gonna be out to prove he inst overrated and better then his showing against Kos.

I don't forget who he has fought and barely won against. IMO Karo won that fight
Nick Diaz was close to
cmill21
7/13/07 5:32:33PM
I hate Diego's additude, fighting style, just him in general. I also feel this will be Fitch's coming out party. Fitch by Tko.
Taylor8766
7/13/07 5:58:59PM
Fitch is going to TKO Diego in the second
richieb19
7/13/07 6:19:11PM
Jeff Joslin > Jon Fitch
Northrend
7/13/07 8:25:33PM
I got Fitch by UD
komodo20
7/13/07 9:25:28PM

Posted by Northrend

I got Fitch by UD

me to
Lord_Lenny
7/13/07 10:12:05PM
I think it depends on Diego's mentality. Fitch is a solid fighter, Diego is inconsistent but if he's on i give Diego a big edge.
iwannabesedated
7/15/07 2:53:51PM

Posted by thepunisher

Posted by DevonFoxy

I don't forget who he has fought and barely won against. IMO Karo won that fight
Nick Diaz was close to

I think Diego stole that fight from Karo with the Knee.

But im Takin Fitch in a Unanimous
masodd
7/19/07 10:29:04PM
fitch easily