Im takin my G.E.D tomorrow.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Im takin my G.E.D tomorrow.
haggiswashere
10/2/08 4:10:28AM
Im hella nervous. Should i be? You guys out there who did well in high school probably don't understand the scariness cuz it would be easier for you but im trying to make up for past mistakes and im just scared of effin up. i am freakin out. my family members are all proud of me for doing it and they are acting like it will be no big deal but im pretty scared. its a two day period and im doin science, social studies and writing tomorrow (thursday) and then Math, and Writing on tuesday. i have been taking the practice tests online and stuff and im still freakin out. i don't wanna embarrass myself. i hope i am overreacting.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/2/08 4:12:18AM

u got that shit
Naturaldisaster
10/2/08 4:28:27AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Im hella nervous. Should i be? You guys out there who did well in high school probably don't understand the scariness cuz it would be easier for you but im trying to make up for past mistakes and im just scared of effin up. i am freakin out. my family members are all proud of me for doing it and they are acting like it will be no big deal but im pretty scared. its a two day period and im doin science, social studies and writing tomorrow (thursday) and then Math, and Writing on tuesday. i have been taking the practice tests online and stuff and im still freakin out. i don't wanna embarrass myself. i hope i am overreacting.

dont sweat it dude. I took my GED test a couple months ago. Its not as hard as you think. honestly the pre test was harder than the actually GED test. I aced it, and I suck at math and I did great on it, and i guessed on half of them. but hey at least you have your family backin you on it. My family looked at me like I should be shot. all of my cousins graduated high school with great grades, and almost all of them went to/ are in college. But none of them every offered me any help when i was struggling in school (and 2 of my uncles are teachers). But just stay dont freak out about it.
We_Todd_Did
10/2/08 5:39:54AM
Honestly, if you can legitimately pass the 8th grade (regular classes, not special ed), the G.E.D. should pose no problem.

Good luck anyway
mkiv9secsupra
10/2/08 8:42:39AM

Posted by We_Todd_Did

Honestly, if you can legitimately pass the 8th grade (regular classes, not special ed), the G.E.D. should pose no problem.

are you sayin that people with their GED are as smart as an 8th grader?
Jackelope
10/2/08 8:58:23AM
Good luck bro. Just study as hard as you can and relax. Remember don't second guess your answers without actually doing work to make sure they're wrong. (most of the time people are right on the first one)

Good to hear you're making up for past mistakes. I wish you well.
jomatty
10/2/08 9:14:39AM
when i took my ged, over 12 years ago, i felt exactly like you do. i kept thinking how embarrasing it would be to fail. once i started taking the test i relaxed and realized that i knew the material. study hard and you should do just fine.
emfleek
10/2/08 9:19:36AM
Don't sweat it. You'll be fine, bro. Do a few things in preparation.

Wake up an hour or so early. Make yourself some breakfast. If you drink coffee, have a cup. If you smoke, have a cigarette. Do whatever you need to do to make sure you're relaxed.

And now that I typed all of this, I'm pretty sure you posted this last night and you probably won't read this prior to taking the test.

Regardless...good luck! Let us know how it goes!
SpiderSilva
10/2/08 10:48:58AM
Good luck I herd its easy if my Brother can pass you can
bullettdodger
10/2/08 11:32:36AM
What everyone else said bro... it ain't no thang but a chicken wing... i knew this girl who passed the GED and i mean she was not a smart cookie... you should have no problem getting past this hurtle. Good Luck, though you probably won' need it! (banana for luck bro)
Kracker_Jap
10/2/08 2:39:08PM
Good luck, YOU_CAN_DO_IT_!!!!
haggiswashere
10/7/08 11:55:19PM
lol thanks guys. i took my second part today and i got my scores from thursday and i did good. i just gotta wait til i get today's results before i celebrate though. i got a 99% on social studies, 95% on reading and 93% on science. You know its not that impressive to ace a ged but im still proud. im glad i prepared. i just hope i did well today. i thought before i got my results in 5 to 10 business days but if i go online i can get them there too.
We_Todd_Did
10/8/08 11:49:03PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by We_Todd_Did

are you sayin that people with their GED are as smart as an 8th grader?

No, I'm saying if you are at least as smart as someone who passed the 8th grade, you're smart enough to pass the GED.
haggiswashere
10/10/08 2:58:09AM
barely passed my shit on math. needed a 450, and i got a 510 at 63 %.... and writing i got a 86 % obviously did alot better my first day. thanks for the support guys. your all kick ass. thanks all!
hippysmacker
10/10/08 3:49:52AM
good luck man, and good for you. You should be proud that you are trying to better yourself, and as you put it, make up for past mistakes. it's never too late.