BJ takes a stab at Frankie Edgars fighting style

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » BJ takes a stab at Frankie Edgars fighting style
BigIP
2/28/11 11:21:44AM
BJ doesn't want to be a fighter that "punches and then runs away from his opponent". Was that a jab at Frankie Edgar?

Link
emfleek
2/28/11 11:38:56AM
Moved to the UFC forum. Not really news.
Kpro
2/28/11 12:19:07PM

Posted by BigIP

BJ doesn't want to be a fighter that "punches and then runs away from his opponent". Was that a jab at Frankie Edgar?

Link

If it was a jab at Frankie then it missed because Frankie had already punched and moved out of reach.
FastKnockout
2/28/11 12:42:06PM
I'm not a fan of BJ, but I honestly don't think it was anything toward Frankie. When explaining his style switch on Fitch he said that his style as of late has been centered around boxing, where he would try to stick and move, and he left behind his old style, and that he wanted to get back to it because with his old style he was a lot more dominate.
BigIP
2/28/11 2:05:03PM
If he used take downs against Frankie he would have won those fights. I want to see BJ move back down to lightweight and fight Frankie or Gray.
BeeR
2/28/11 5:16:36PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by BigIP

Link

If it was a jab at Frankie then it missed because Frankie had already punched and moved out of reach.

BlueSkiesBurn
2/28/11 7:13:20PM
Yeah, I don't see this as a shot at Edgar in the slightest. BJ, if he's turned the corner everyone has been waiting for, knows what got him to his elite status and it wasn't boxing. BJ is probably taking a shot at himself more than anyone else.