I want some TAKEDOWNS!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » I want some TAKEDOWNS!
joshryanshepherd
7/31/09 10:03:19PM
Slams, tackles and throws are some of the most exciting parts of a fight IMO. but the fights lately are lacking the BOOM of a sweet take down.

When was the last take down that made you jump up?

i loved Sherk's spearing of Edgar. i about choked on a hot wing

And im missing Quinton's take downs. I think he will slam Rashad for some reason...
sclasclemski
7/31/09 10:56:11PM
Rampage was on the Sirius Fight Club show a few weeks/months ago and said he wanted to get back to slamming people...so I think your gut feeling just may be correct
breakdown5
7/31/09 11:01:26PM
I'd love to see Page powerbomb Rashad. That would be SWEET!

sclasclemski
7/31/09 11:05:29PM
Ditto
SpiderSilva
7/31/09 11:06:56PM
Nate diaz had afew good throws in one or both of his losses
sclasclemski
7/31/09 11:07:57PM
Lyoto's sweeps are fairly impressive
breakdown5
7/31/09 11:10:08PM

Posted by sclasclemski

Lyoto's sweeps are fairly impressive

Yeah they are. He's got some great trips that make him look like a school yard bully just toying with his opponent.
postman
7/31/09 11:21:33PM
Thats all GSP has been doing.
kopower
7/31/09 11:26:30PM
Can't leave out Karo's judo throws. He had some nasty ones
Jimbo
7/31/09 11:53:33PM
Shibata on Minowaman at Dream 8, one of the best suplexes ive seen in MMA, and im a big Minowa fan so it was hard for me to watch

theres one more but its not a very flattering angle for Minowa lol (anoos in speedos staring right at the camera)

Playground_Samurai
8/1/09 12:07:02AM
As far as takedown slams, Hughes has had some of the nicest in UFC history.

As far as suplexes, velencias is my all time favorite....
postman
8/1/09 12:43:35AM

Posted by gspfan

As far as takedown slams, Hughes has had some of the nicest in UFC history.

As far as suplexes, velencias is my all time favorite....

Very good but Randelman Fedor tops my list
ncordless
8/1/09 1:13:26AM
The best suplex in mma history is that vid of the little gymnast guy who manages to suplex his opponent while he has him in a guillotine. Brutal.

Here it is what a 4 foot tall flyweight looks like.
sclasclemski
8/1/09 8:23:59AM
wow that was nuts...were those really flyweights? That little guy is beastly
Aaronno9
8/1/09 8:34:55AM
Last time I jumped out of my seat for a takedown was when Rich slammed Wand at the end of their fight. It was amazing or anything but I just felt at that point he secured the fight and I was pretty stoked.
Mayhem13
8/1/09 2:48:40PM
The most brutal slam in MMA history was done by Travis Fulton to some dude who only fought that one time, and never again

It was a clear size and experience mismatch, but damn was it insane!

Just search Travis Fulton Slam or Travis Fulton Big Slam ..something along those line on youtube and you will find it
joshryanshepherd
8/1/09 3:36:20PM
yea ive seen that one, pretty gruesome. shows how useless TKD is.

but i the meant the slams and throws in the latest events.
king_katool
8/1/09 3:47:11PM

Posted by Mayhem13

The most brutal slam in MMA history was done by Travis Fulton to some dude who only fought that one time, and never again

It was a clear size and experience mismatch, but damn was it insane!

Just search Travis Fulton Slam or Travis Fulton Big Slam ..something along those line on youtube and you will find it

Tom Fulton Rock Bottom IMO

Randleman/Fedor is on top of my list, i love the rampage/arona slam but everytime i watch it i think damn, i wish page's big head was outta the way and he KO'd him with just the slam
king_katool
8/1/09 3:47:51PM
****** comp
RandyCouture
8/1/09 7:55:11PM
Jon jones back to belly suplex on stephan bonner was amazing I jumped up at the bar and was flipping out so good!
Aaronno9
8/1/09 11:53:20PM
Didnt Frank Shamrock end a career with a huge slam aswell? Pretty sure I watched it not to long ago, I think he broke the guys hip or something. Brutal.