Takanori Gomi vs Tyson Griffen??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Takanori Gomi vs Tyson Griffen??
hathcock32
11/25/07 5:31:44PM
Who takes it??

Tyson UD
jiujitsufreak74
11/25/07 5:35:18PM
depends if griffin smokes some weed before hand...

but seriously, i would say if gomi looks the way he did against diaz, then i say tyson by UD or even KO if gomi gets too gassed. if gomi returns to the form we have grown accustomed to seeing him, then gomi by KO. really it depends on which gomi shows up.
tuvok500
11/25/07 5:44:58PM
tyson rd 2 tko !!

stickyhash421
11/25/07 5:52:29PM
hmmmm...probably gomi if it stays standing, but griffin has been on fire and i think ill change my vote to griffin by decision. cant get over that diaz NC he shoulda lost
warglory
11/25/07 6:15:39PM
I think Gomi is incredibly overrated. I'd say Tyson takes this one in a unanimous decision.
NatedawgThaM
11/25/07 7:35:52PM

Posted by warglory

I think Gomi is incredibly overrated. I'd say Tyson takes this one in a unanimous decision.

I agree 100%!!!

He is IMO and I actually have Tyson stopping him with GNP in rd. 1 under Pride rules, 2nd under UFC rules. By rules I mean round and how many minutes are in them.
Lord_Lenny
11/25/07 8:13:31PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by warglory

I agree 100%!!!

He is IMO and I actually have Tyson stopping him with GNP in rd. 1 under Pride rules, 2nd under UFC rules. By rules I mean round and how many minutes are in them.

Indeed, i've been saying he's overrated for awhile, and people mistake that, thinking i was saying he's untalented or something. He's good, but he's not as great as everyone seems to let on
Mastodon2
11/26/07 2:28:24AM
Gomi by KO.
Stickan
11/26/07 8:34:41AM
Griffin by decision.
fullerene
11/26/07 8:54:45AM
My belief is that while the old guard of Gomi, Pulver and Penn have been fighting each other and trying to attain the status of top p4p fighters, the new breed of guys like Edgar, Griffin and Guida has passed them by based on style, conditiioning and level of competition. I won't be surprised to see Gomi and Penn, despite their reputations, get decisioned by any number of up and coming fighters in that weight class.
Believe-in-judo81
11/26/07 10:55:37AM
Griffin's stirking defense(esp. punches, see his fight with Edgar) is garbage, Gomi would sleep him and probabally make it look easy. BUT, if tyson worked on his striking defense and developed some decently crisp counterstriking off of it, he would roll Gomi all over the place, all damn day. Any one that really thinks tyson would just jump in there and easily set Gomi up and put him on his back and keep him there doing enough to take a decision is simply delusional. Give hime anothr year or two and it's an easy fight for Griffin, until then he's at best buying time in cage With Takanori, waiting to get dropped and dropped badly.
atlas777
11/26/07 11:24:09AM
Tyson Griffin by decision or 3rd round sumbission
xchickox
11/26/07 12:37:51PM
griffin is a very good fighter but it would be a very hard fight for him, going on gomi recent form then griffin tko rd 2/3, if gomi show's old form then i'd still go griffin but by a very close split decision