Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez??? Who would win?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Takanori Gomi vs. Diego Sanchez??? Who would win?
Next Page »
Moneymakers911
1/16/07 11:49:15PM
Of course it would matter where the fight took place but what if it was in a neurtal area.
Unkoman
1/17/07 12:00:02AM
If they fought lightweight Gomi would kill him.
Gomi is week when on the ground- Diego is good on the ground but no Penn. Standing gomi is a monster and his takedown defense is adequate for the task.
Moneymakers911
1/17/07 12:09:20AM
I agree Gomi is a great techincal striker and even with Sanchez begin unbeaten i still feel that he is not that good
LDOG
1/17/07 1:52:16AM
Gomi's standup would be to much for him but then again everbody in the ufc that he has fought was supposed to be to much for him.
nate22
1/17/07 9:46:00AM
Diego would win this fight, it a bad match up for Gomi.
loller90278
1/17/07 1:53:06PM

Posted by nate22

yeah another bad match up was mitsohiru ishida.. a better wrestler and better take downs than diego... and see how that came out for gomi..
thepitbull00
1/17/07 2:32:58PM
I don't think that Diego sanchez has fought a fighter the caliber of Gomi (other than maybe Karo Parysian). With that in mind I would say that Gomi would win hands down because Diego wouldn't know how to handle his punching power.
spydermonkyman
1/24/07 11:36:55PM
Why,WHY,WHY although i think that i could go either way i think Diego would be trouble for anyone in the world at 170lb the kid has some very good skills one or the other Diego by GNP.
hippysmacker
1/24/07 11:45:56PM
Gomi's great but I don't think he could handle Sanchez in any location. Diego's style is perfect for a fighter like Gomi, unless he tried to pull a Tito to prove he could stand with a great striker. I'd say Diego by sub round 2.
Greene33
1/25/07 12:05:48AM
I think Sanchez would have a good shot if the fought in the Octagon, but if it was in a Pride ring with Pride rules i dont see how he could beat Gomi...
nate22
1/25/07 12:07:53AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by nate22

yeah another bad match up was mitsohiru ishida.. a better wrestler and better take downs than diego... and see how that came out for gomi..

fair enough, explain better, kumb nutsl
loller90278
1/25/07 12:12:29AM
hmm i dunno what you mean but my syntax in that post was horrible..

people believed mitsohiru ishida would beat gomi, because he is an excellent wrestler, with great takedowns, in his previous fights he manhandled his opponents by GnP. This could basically be said for diego, but i don't see diego being as strong or as quick as ishida. gomis hands are too fast for both and has amazing takedowns. basing my opinion from the aurelio fight #2, gomi knows enough on the ground to get back up, same like chuck liddlel.

now on the other hand, what the HECK is a kumb nuts?
nate22
1/25/07 12:15:00AM

Posted by loller90278

hmm i dunno what you mean but my syntax in that post was horrible..

people believed mitsohiru ishida would beat gomi, because he is an excellent wrestler, with great takedowns, in his previous fights he manhandled his opponents by GnP. This could basically be said for diego, but i don't see diego being as strong or as quick as ishida. gomis hands are too fast for both and has amazing takedowns. basing my opinion from the aurelio fight #2, gomi knows enough on the ground to get back up, same like chuck liddlel.

now on the other hand, what the HECK is a kumb nuts?

Fck you loller, stop pwning moir.

Gomi > Ishida all I have, good luck all. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sinical
1/25/07 12:25:43AM
Diego by brutal GnP rd 1
BloodandTears
1/26/07 6:59:28PM
Diego who??? Are we talking about Nightmare?? Gomi would stomp his ass... God I hope some day this fight happens!! I'd get rich on this site.
tamarslay3
1/26/07 7:04:44PM

Posted by BloodandTears

Diego who??? Are we talking about Nightmare?? Gomi would stomp his ass... God I hope some day this fight happens!! I'd get rich on this site.

I love Diego Sanchez but Gomi would win because Diego like people said hasnt fought amazing calibur people

and bloodandtears come on gomi would not destroy him but gomi would win
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
tffdwg38
1/28/07 2:04:22AM
it would be close im pulling for deigo he looks unstopable
the-james
1/28/07 2:22:09PM
I think this fight would look alot like gomi vs penn, i dont think gomi would have a chance against the ufc's top lightweight and welterweights.

GOMI = OVERRATED
punisherind
1/28/07 2:42:10PM

Posted by the-james

I think this fight would look alot like gomi vs penn, i dont think gomi would have a chance against the ufc's top lightweight and welterweights.

GOMI = OVERRATED

gomi vs. penn was over 3 years ago. i think gomi has improved vastly since then. also, sanchez outweighs gomi by a good 15 lbs. if they fought at 160 id have to go with gomi, he's pretty unstoppable at that weight.
waylon_o
1/28/07 3:08:29PM
I have nothing but respect for both guys and I personally would love to see this fight.
Reignofterror
1/28/07 5:45:58PM
It may look something like this

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
nignog
1/28/07 7:48:21PM
i think GOmi will take this one, he is pretty good on the ground, even tho diego is a monster on the floor but i can also see gomi winning over a KO, only if a punch lands clearly!!! :D
hippysmacker
1/29/07 3:09:14AM

Posted by tamarslay3

Posted by BloodandTears

I love Diego Sanchez but Gomi would win because Diego like people said hasnt fought amazing calibur people

and bloodandtears come on gomi would not destroy him but gomi would win

I think the fac t that he has fought Diaz, Karo ( very good fighter's, especially Karo)at a higher weight should definately count for a lot.
thelastking
1/29/07 1:37:10PM
Gomi would win but it would be a good fight.
swazymaq
1/30/07 1:34:53PM
Gomi's weakness is being on the bottem of a BJJ fighter, and he is a bad match up for all wrestlers!

Gomi by KO
chubbud22
1/30/07 3:53:47PM

Posted by BloodandTears

Thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard nightmare by death
chubbud22
1/30/07 3:55:12PM
Gomi wont even beat diaz
allevil86
1/30/07 4:01:05PM
It would be a good fight but i'd go with gomi
fedorwins1
1/30/07 7:05:30PM
As much as I don't like Sanchez I would have to pick him. He's bigger and is better on the ground than Gomi. His hands have improved vastly over his last few fights. I think he would GNP Gomi into a Dec.
madmarck
2/5/07 10:07:14AM
Im gonna say Gomi by KO.But we havent seen much of Diegos Chin so we dont know. Still Gomi would find a way to KO him.
Pages: [1] 2