Tag Team Mixed Martial Arts

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Tag Team Mixed Martial Arts
MMAcca
11/25/08 1:29:43PM
From ZST 18 at Differ Ariake in Tokoyo, Japan on Sunday, November 23rd, 2008:

6th Match - GT-F Tag Team Title Bout (total weight 135 kg) Bout 15 min
Hideo Tokoro (Japan / Team ZST) & Masakazu Imanari (Japan / Team-ROKEN) vs. Takumi Yano (Japan / Koppou Ugokai Yano Takumi Dojo) & Daisuke Yokoyama (Japan / X-ONE GYM Shonan)
Winner: Hideo Tokoro and Masakazu Imanari by Decision (2-1)

LINK
Darnok
11/25/08 1:36:06PM
Wow

What a way to make MMA look more like pro wrestling. But I guess we have come to expect that from the Japanese.
Bowen50
11/25/08 1:36:49PM
...horrible
emfleek
11/25/08 1:43:49PM
Dumb.
ncordless
11/25/08 1:58:39PM
Nice to see that Tokoro and Imanari are trying to live up to their potential.
McBee
11/25/08 2:03:39PM

Posted by Darnok

Wow

What a way to make MMA look more like pro wrestling. But I guess we have come to expect that from the Japanese.

yeah now we just need to bring in the steel cage and spandex and that would really be overboard......whoops
MMAcca
11/25/08 2:08:35PM

Posted by McBee

Posted by Darnok

Wow

yeah now we just need to bring in the steel cage and spandex and that would really be overboard......whoops

Aoki ?
McBee
11/25/08 2:11:11PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by McBee

Posted by Darnok

Wow

Aoki ?

Mr international, etc
StevenSeagal
11/25/08 2:36:17PM
Maybe I'm the only one here, but I don't see it as such a perversion to the sport of MMA. It seems like when one person says "oh this is horrible for MMA, whats next... yada yada yada" then many piggyback and write the same... If they are not using tin trash cans and flying off the top turnbuckle, then why not try something new and different. It shouldn't be looked at as "Oh those crazy Japanese with their side show MMA"... True, the Japanese fans tend to like funkier stuff, but a MOCKERY?,,, I think not. I didnt see the event so i cant say for sure if it was a joke or a freak show, but unless its staged entertainment matches like pro wrestling, I dont see what all the hub-bub is with new ideas. For the record, I thought EliteXC's management was a total joke and bad for MMA, but Kimbo was just taking advantage of what he was given... which anyone would do. Unless you would sacrifice food for your family just to solely protect the integrity of MMA haha... Which im sure mannny would
McBee
11/25/08 2:42:29PM

Posted by StevenSeagal

Maybe I'm the only one here, but I don't see it as such a perversion to the sport of MMA. It seems like when one person says "oh this is horrible for MMA, whats next... yada yada yada" then many piggyback and write the same... If they are not using tin trash cans and flying off the top turnbuckle, then why not try something new and different. It shouldn't be looked at as "Oh those crazy Japanese with their side show MMA"... True, the Japanese fans tend to like funkier stuff, but a MOCKERY?,,, I think not. I didnt see the event so i cant say for sure if it was a joke or a freak show, but unless its staged entertainment matches like pro wrestling, I dont see what all the hub-bub is with new ideas. For the record, I thought EliteXC's management was a total joke and bad for MMA, but Kimbo was just taking advantage of what he was given... which anyone would do. Unless you would sacrifice food for your family just to solely protect the integrity of MMA haha... Which im sure mannny would

I guess it might be interesting in the same way watching the movie red belt was interesting, but in a competitive sport with professional athletes fads and gimmicks just undermine the validity of the sport's lasting interest, if people are already getting bored with one vs one. It also would give states like New York another reason to say MMA is a step in the wrong direction or "if you give them an inch they will want a mile".
StevenSeagal
11/25/08 2:57:29PM

Posted by McBee

Posted by StevenSeagal

I guess it might be interesting in the same way watching the movie red belt was interesting, but in a competitive sport with professional athletes fads and gimmicks just undermine the validity of the sport's lasting interest, if people are already getting bored with one vs one. It also would give states like New York another reason to say MMA is a step in the wrong direction or "if you give them an inch they will want a mile".

Good point. I guess I was thinking about it from the standpoint that MMA was done with the hurdles of acceptance by the mainstream. I guess once everyone know that the sport isn't a joke as a whole, then ideas like these could be entertained... i was jumping 5 or so years ahead haha. Touche, McBee...
soundboy1
11/25/08 3:04:03PM
I can't remember there ever being any legitimate combat sports that used team format. This will never fly with the American fans........
MMAcca
11/25/08 3:05:04PM

Posted by soundboy1

I can't remember there ever being any legitimate combat sports that used team format. This will never fly with the American fans........

WWF
haggiswashere
11/25/08 3:39:03PM
Randy and Chuck team vs Big Nog and Anderson Silva
StevenSeagal
11/25/08 3:58:24PM
It would be so funny to see Randy's hand reached out desperately waiting for a tag from Chuck while Big Nog has a sick standing ankle lock on him... While Anderson has the bicep ribbons and Warrior paint pulling on the ropes for energy like the Ultimate Warrior... hahaha

With the powerrrrr of the warriors runnnin through the veinssssssss haha
seanfu
11/25/08 4:35:23PM
Tito and Chuck vs Rampage and Wanderlei in a tornado tag team! Let's see some teamwork guys.
xtra_chewy
11/25/08 7:44:28PM

Posted by soundboy1

I dont think that will fly anywhere but.....Japan.
dannyfrank
11/25/08 7:50:26PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by soundboy1

WWF

he said legitimate
jiujitsufreak74
11/25/08 7:59:28PM
i cried a little
juanez13
11/25/08 10:37:37PM
come down people, its tag team GRAPPLING. Its been around for a long time in japan now, and guys like Gomi, Sakurai, Uno have all been in it before (if i remember correctly Gomi and Caol Uno were tag team).... Personally i find it fun to watch, its his intensity grappling with lots of slick transitions...
tooly236
11/25/08 10:49:48PM
I have always disliked WWE bullshiit (post puberty), but for some funny reason I would like nothing more than to watch some tag team MMA right now.
jay98107
11/25/08 11:50:53PM
This isn't even close to a new thing.
JimiMak
11/25/08 11:59:19PM
I'm disappointed in seeing MMAcca post this. Just cuz he's a news hound and this has been done to death. This is fake. It's pro wrestling that's supposed to look like mma. It's horrible and while I could see some pro wrestling fans liking it I don't see any actual mma fans liking it. It's not only fake when you see it, it's a dumb concept... so it's not like a diff promoter could do better w/ it.
MMAcca
11/26/08 12:11:59AM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by soundboy1

WWF

he said legitimate

From Dictionary.com

Joke
noun, verb, joked, jok·ing.
–noun
1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.
throwmeahotone
11/26/08 1:43:35AM