Tag-Team?!?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Tag-Team?!?
Ultimate_fighter
3/26/07 11:34:12PM
How great would it be if Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell Taged up on Wandy and Quiton Rampage Jackson. If one opponent were to get submited or KO-ed, that fighter and the fighter who caused it would be taken out of the Octagon, and the two other fighters fought, and say if the fighter who submitted or KO-ed the other fighters, team member, lost, then the two left on each team would fight.

What do you think? How good would it be to have tag-team in UFC. 4 Warriors in the Octagon at once? And if you would like it, What would be the most dominating team in the UFC? What would be the best matchups?
warglory
3/27/07 12:26:34AM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

How great would it be if Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell Taged up on Wandy and Quiton Rampage Jackson. If one opponent were to get submited or KO-ed, that fighter and the fighter who caused it would be taken out of the Octagon, and the two other fighters fought, and say if the fighter who submitted or KO-ed the other fighters, team member, lost, then the two left on each team would fight.

What do you think? How good would it be to have tag-team in UFC. 4 Warriors in the Octagon at once? And if you would like it, What would be the most dominating team in the UFC? What would be the best matchups?

No offense, but this is a horrible idea. 4 fighters in the ring at once would be horribly unsafe and would turn into a slugfest as little to no opportunity for a submission would be had. Sorry, but I don't think this could ever work. There have been MMA events involving tag teams, but it was still a one on one competition.
Ultimate_fighter
3/27/07 1:11:14AM
4 fighters in the ring at once would be horribly unsafe and would turn into a slugfest? That would be awesome!!
crimethinc
3/27/07 11:07:21AM
That's a bad idea. Tag team matches only work when fights are choreographed. Will anyone hear my pleas to stop talking about MMA like stupid Pro "Wrestling."
Chec22
3/27/07 1:23:19PM
Exactly. I liked pro wrestiling...when I was 10!! I love the UFC, but if they went that route, I might think about watching football.
madmarck
3/27/07 7:18:06PM

Posted by warglory

No offense, but this is a horrible idea. 4 fighters in the ring at once would be horribly unsafe and would turn into a slugfest as little to no opportunity for a submission would be had. Sorry, but I don't think this could ever work. There have been MMA events involving tag teams, but it was still a one on one competition.

The idea of tag team is 2 fightes in the ring at once. and you can tag another partner in.

By the way. Tag Team MMA matches already happen .
Check out the org ZST. Not sure what it stands for but it has em. In japan of course. Its a weird org. They fight to music (kinda like Caperio) and you cannot punch closed hand unless wearing 4oz gloves. And you dont have to wear gloves. I saw one match where a guy went for a slidiing heel hool like a million times. and he always managed to grab onto it b/c he didnt have gloves on.
here check out a match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwBzDhm5feg

ZST info
warglory
3/27/07 7:49:15PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by warglory

The idea of tag team is 2 fightes in the ring at once. and you can tag another partner in.

By the way. Tag Team MMA matches already happen .
Check out the org ZST. Not sure what it stands for but it has em. In japan of course. Its a weird org. They fight to music (kinda like Caperio) and you cannot punch closed hand unless wearing 4oz gloves. And you dont have to wear gloves. I saw one match where a guy went for a slidiing heel hool like a million times. and he always managed to grab onto it b/c he didnt have gloves on.
here check out a match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwBzDhm5feg

ZST info

Read my response carefully, I admitted that there have been tag team matches previously, and have seen some tag matches from the org you mentioned. The reason why I responded the way I did was because of the nature of the original poster's message in which he said a free for all would be cool.
chentay2112
3/27/07 8:47:40PM
this is just a horrible idea FULL STOP and i agree with warglory that the potential to have 4 men in a cage wouldent work....
i have just watched the link that MADMARCK put on and ask anyone HOW IS THAT EXCITING????
you had one man trying to tag his partner and one man trying to stop it.. it was just like wrestling....
if a top class fighter like FEDOR/RANDY/CHUCK is going to fight then surely they must train to beat one person and not have to worry about somebody tagging there partner in...
I PERSONALLY would not want to see TAG TEAM FIGHTS brought into mma FULL STOP...
although i know this argument will never end
migo
3/28/07 2:03:43AM
Nothing wrong with that set-up. Especially solves the problem if fighters get tired, they can tag out and there's always good action.
Chec22
3/28/07 9:50:52AM
I dont know how you can say it was good action? Looking at the link, whats up with the backward stance? And was that guy wearing socks? Too weird in all for me.
madmarck
3/28/07 10:20:44AM

Posted by chentay2112

this is just a horrible idea FULL STOP and i agree with warglory that the potential to have 4 men in a cage wouldent work....
i have just watched the link that MADMARCK put on and ask anyone HOW IS THAT EXCITING????
you had one man trying to tag his partner and one man trying to stop it.. it was just like wrestling....
if a top class fighter like FEDOR/RANDY/CHUCK is going to fight then surely they must train to beat one person and not have to worry about somebody tagging there partner in...
I PERSONALLY would not want to see TAG TEAM FIGHTS brought into mma FULL STOP...
although i know this argument will never end

You think it is horrible. But apparently it is big in Japan. And if guys want to do it i say keep letting em do it. Just becasue you dont like something doest mean it should stop. Personally i dont find it all that entertaining. But its not gonna stop just b/c you say so. If the company is making a profit and fighters want to do it. Then its gonna keep going on.
Im not sure it would be allowed in North America. The rules are too strict here. Not to mention most of the fans would see it has a mix of waterdown MMA and waterdown pro wrestling.

Watch a Rings match. One of the old ones. Some of them were boring as hell, no strikes to head on ground, hell its basically jsut a sub match if it goes to the ground and all you can do its body shots. But it was a huge hit Japan.
warglory
3/28/07 10:54:23AM
If it was a huge hit in Japan, why doesn't K-1, PRIDE or any of the larger underground orgs pick it up? I have only seen it done in the org the link was provided in, and that match had very strict (and odd) rules in it (i.e. the Japanese fighters were not wearing gloves, so no striking was allowed from them).

Let me pose this situation to anyone who supports MMA tags--if you had two sets of excellent strikers in the ring and one went to tag in his partner, what is to stop the guy who is going for the tag from getting wholloped in the back of the skull? You never take your attention away from your opponent, and you sure as hell wouldn't be seeing a striker holding the backward stance that the Japanese fighters were using in the link above. Tag matches simply wont work, especially in a cage environment.
madmarck
3/28/07 12:38:14PM

Posted by warglory

If it was a huge hit in Japan, why doesn't K-1, PRIDE or any of the larger underground orgs pick it up? I have only seen it done in the org the link was provided in, and that match had very strict (and odd) rules in it (i.e. the Japanese fighters were not wearing gloves, so no striking was allowed from them).

Let me pose this situation to anyone who supports MMA tags--if you had two sets of excellent strikers in the ring and one went to tag in his partner, what is to stop the guy who is going for the tag from getting wholloped in the back of the skull? You never take your attention away from your opponent, and you sure as hell wouldn't be seeing a striker holding the backward stance that the Japanese fighters were using in the link above. Tag matches simply wont work, especially in a cage environment.

I never said it was any good.
JimiMak
3/29/07 1:30:52AM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by warglory

Then why argue for it. It isn't has it been done, it's is it a good idea. For god's sake no. Not only is it stupis and unfeasable, when it has been done I"m sure it was a "worked shoot" like UWFI used to do (guys like sak and takada before pride).
madmarck
3/29/07 8:05:03AM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by madmarck

Posted by warglory

Then why argue for it. It isn't has it been done, it's is it a good idea. For god's sake no. Not only is it stupis and unfeasable, when it has been done I"m sure it was a "worked shoot" like UWFI used to do (guys like sak and takada before pride).

Actually the org is called ZST. And they seem to be quite legit. A ZST fighter has just got signed to the UFC and is fighting at UFN9, Naoyuki Kotani. He is fighting Thiago Tavares.

Why argue for it? Well i find it legit. and its a sport. So why bash it? I dont like golf but i dont call it shitty.

Why argue for it?Why bang a girl just b/c she is mediocore? Only God can answer some of lifes questions.
warglory
3/29/07 9:11:52AM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by madmarck

Posted by warglory

Actually the org is called ZST. And they seem to be quite legit. A ZST fighter has just got signed to the UFC and is fighting at UFN9, Naoyuki Kotani. He is fighting Thiago Tavares.

Why argue for it? Well i find it legit. and its a sport. So why bash it? I dont like golf but i dont call it shitty.

Why argue for it?Why bang a girl just b/c she is mediocore? Only God can answer some of lifes questions.