ufc tag lines

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc tag lines
cmb19932
10/15/08 11:30:02AM
do you think the ufc will ever stop using numbers on there events also do think that they will stop with tag lines for each evnt like breakthrough i think they should use like wwe style events and have them each year
prozacnation1978
10/15/08 12:10:57PM
they already have it seems starting now
next couple events are fighter vs fighter but i think for ufc 92 with 3 big events they might have a tag line
Branwest
10/15/08 12:12:05PM
Check out the interview with Dana on one of the below topics on "today's topics." Dana mentions that they aren't getting rid of the tag lines. Sometimes they'll use the fighters names as the tag line but sometimes fighters have to drop out (Sanchez, etc) so it's safer to use a tag line.
He mentions the numbers as well. He said something like they tried to get rid of them once before but people still called them by a number or something. I hope they keep numbering them because it helps me keep track, plus I collect all the DVD's and it's easier to know what I have with the numbers. I also like the numbers being used on the Fight Night Live events, but that's just my opinion.
TheConcreteKid
10/15/08 12:31:11PM
They kinda do it all:
They number them, some have taglines, some refer to fighter's names...
Plus they do have the types of events like WWE, for example: Fight Nights, TUF Finales, UFC PPVs
kris_ericson
10/15/08 2:45:22PM
i think all of them should be wwe style to
gsquat
10/15/08 2:56:14PM
They've been straying from that recently, usually just taglining the main event. I agree its a little... WWEish. Calling it UFC100 "Supreme Vengance" or "Annihilation" isn't gonna make me want to watch it more than just UFC100.
cmb19932
10/15/08 5:25:12PM
it doesnt make me want to watch it at all but i think if they just numberin them and god willing it will last along time eventually it will get ridiculous so a set number of card all named once and done every year would make life easier and for tag lines just put the main event fighters
Branwest
10/16/08 9:34:35AM

Posted by cmb19932

it doesnt make me want to watch it at all but i think if they just numberin them and god willing it will last along time eventually it will get ridiculous so a set number of card all named once and done every year would make life easier and for tag lines just put the main event fighters

If you hear what Dana said, you can't just put the main event fighters names on there, because sometimes one of the fighters has to drop out due to injury or whatever. Then, you've promoted an entire event based on those names, and they aren't even fighting. Not to mention all the money that's spent on advertisements; posters, commercials, etc. They'd have to at least edit the commercials which would cost more money and isn't worth the time, hassle, or money. That's why they don't like to use names as much. Diego had to drop out of the Thiago Alves fight. Luckily, Kos stepped in so he's fighting this month and in December.
I agree with those who'd like to get rid of the tag lines. I could care less what they name it, I just want to watch the fights. I do want them to keep the numbers though.
cmb19932
10/16/08 9:57:29AM
if they use the fighters names and someone drops out what do they call the dvds do they just put the replacment in the name
gsquat
10/16/08 1:22:36PM

Posted by Branwest

Posted by cmb19932

If you hear what Dana said, you can't just put the main event fighters names on there, because sometimes one of the fighters has to drop out due to injury or whatever. Then, you've promoted an entire event based on those names, and they aren't even fighting. Not to mention all the money that's spent on advertisements; posters, commercials, etc. They'd have to at least edit the commercials which would cost more money and isn't worth the time, hassle, or money. That's why they don't like to use names as much. Diego had to drop out of the Thiago Alves fight. Luckily, Kos stepped in so he's fighting this month and in December.
I agree with those who'd like to get rid of the tag lines. I could care less what they name it, I just want to watch the fights. I do want them to keep the numbers though.

Funny thing is, even after Diego dropped out, they're still airing commercials showing Diego vs Thiago.
dirkthejerk
10/17/08 5:54:09PM
i think that if they drop out then the event on dvd should be called whoever the replacment guy is
kingkicker
10/21/08 7:34:24AM
yes but if you name the main event and someone gets ian injury then your stuck whith a promotion thats not happening so ### are better