Swoosh ... Hello Mainstream Rampage doing an add for Nike.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Swoosh ... Hello Mainstream Rampage doing an add for Nike.
Bemin
3/5/08 4:55:53PM
If there were any lingering doubts as to whether mixed martial arts had hit mainstream America, that issue has been decided in the past seven days.

Quinton Jackson (Pictures) will join LeBron James and other star athletes this weekend in Los Angeles to film a Nike commercial dubbed "Human Chain," Sherdog.com has learned.

The spot, featuring a premise of "overachieving with victory, getting knocked down and getting back up," said Jackson's trainer Juanito Ibarra, will be the second Nike ad to showcase a mixed martial artist. Randy Couture (Pictures) became the first in a 1996 spot called "Scars" that featured close-ups of his famously cauliflowered ears.

Link
wapttn
3/5/08 6:26:27PM
haha i'm just gonna throw it out there.. nike grappling gloves and fight shorts available by the end of the year
twoguns365
3/5/08 9:00:02PM

Posted by wapttn

haha i'm just gonna throw it out there.. nike grappling gloves and fight shorts available by the end of the year

first bud light, now Nike aligning with a major fighter...good signs.

as soon as i see someone wearing fight shorts as a style just because it has the swoosh...that'll be the day.
jae_1833
3/5/08 11:55:34PM
It could happen in another year or so....either way this is a sign that the big money is on it's way for our fighters. Pretty soon they will make more via endorsements than they do for the sport, just like all the other professionals.