SWICK READY TO MAKE A MOVE; MATT HUGHES NEXT?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » SWICK READY TO MAKE A MOVE; MATT HUGHES NEXT?
emfleek
6/15/09 9:45:11AM
Mike "Quick" Swick has been nothing short of perfect since moving from middleweight down to the crowded UFC welterweight division. He has gone 4-0 in the Octagon at 170 pounds, including Saturday night's UFC 99 dismantling of the previously undefeated Ben Saunders.

Aside from Saunders, Swick's hit list includes Josh Burkman, Jonathan Goulet, and Brandon Wolff. All of them solid opposition, but none more highly regarded than Swick himself.

That is about to change.

"This is my tenth fight in the UFC, I'm 9-1. I want to fight for the title," he stated in the Octagon after his second round TKO victory. "I want to fight top guys, Matt Hughes, Georges St. Pierre, Thiago Alves."

STORY
xdanish020
6/15/09 11:43:25AM
He definitely deserves it.
TNPanther78
6/15/09 12:33:12PM
He deserves it definatly!!
Hendo67
6/15/09 1:28:16PM
Swick vs Kampmann.
seanfu
6/15/09 1:49:13PM
Swick will never have the talent to beat GSP. Although, I see every other WW in the world being in the same boat.

I do believe Swick will knock Hughes out. And it will be an upset if Hughes wins IMO.
playmma
6/15/09 2:57:57PM

Posted by seanfu

Swick will never have the talent to beat GSP. Although, I see every other WW in the world being in the same boat.

I do believe Swick will knock Hughes out. And it will be an upset if Hughes wins IMO.

Never say never (ex. Serra). I'd be pulling for Swick and the KO win over GSP and Hughes.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
6/15/09 3:54:47PM
Swick by 1st rd KO if he fights Huges
whardin19
6/16/09 9:21:43AM
Mike Swick is in a tough perdictement. He says he wants to fight top competition in the division but theres two of his own training partners in the top 5. Koscheck and Fitch.

If he fights Hughes like he wants to I see him KO'ing Hughes pretty easily. Hughes is a shell of his former self and to be honest this fight should happen.

I think Kampmann would be a perfect fight for him.
TimW001
6/16/09 12:09:05PM
Swick vs Hardy!!
Jackelope
6/16/09 12:11:38PM
I actually think Swick could potentially provide a pretty good challenge for GSP some day. His length will cause a problem, and his hands are as explosive as anybody's. He's not ready yet, but he's young and hungry. Fresh faces in the title picture are always a good thing.