swick nutshot

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » swick nutshot
cowcatcher
4/10/07 12:22:54PM
on an earlier post i mentioned that swick got caught in the jewels by okami before the first takedown, which until that point swick had defended really well. im wondering if im the only one that noticed this or not because he seemed to try to tell the ref about it then in his corner after round one he mentioned it after saying how strong okami was. im not trying to make excuses, these things happen, but the fact that i havent seen anyone else mention it is kind of baffling since the internet is the place for complaints and what ifs. so was i too drunk or did someone else see this?
ManBeast
4/10/07 12:33:00PM
interesting, I'll have to rewatch it to see if I catch an accidental shot to the jewels.

oh and also, your thread title...I was sooo glad I was wrong about what was inside the thread.
FortySixBelow
4/10/07 9:06:31PM
I didnt see anything blatant...i have watched the fight twice already...

hippysmacker
4/10/07 11:44:40PM
They mentioned it on the beatdown today. Both Javier Mendez( one of AKA's trainers) and Josh Gross agreed that it happened.I saw it, and it did make the takedown easier. Masaki was the ref, and we all saw how he let Trigg Nutt Hughes.That being said I think Okami would have won anyway, too strong for Swick by his own admission.
JunCTion
4/10/07 11:50:52PM

Posted by cowcatcher

on an earlier post i mentioned that swick got caught in the jewels by okami before the first takedown, which until that point swick had defended really well. im wondering if im the only one that noticed this or not because he seemed to try to tell the ref about it then in his corner after round one he mentioned it after saying how strong okami was. im not trying to make excuses, these things happen, but the fact that i havent seen anyone else mention it is kind of baffling since the internet is the place for complaints and what ifs. so was i too drunk or did someone else see this?

i didnt see the fight. but i hurt when you said that happened. who was wandy fighting in pride when he got those 2 hard groin shots in. you could hear the 2nd one.
Mastodon2
4/11/07 4:35:35AM
I didnt see it, but I dont think it would have changed this inevitable outcome, sack shot or not, Swick couldnt handle Okami.