Swick vs Goulet

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Swick vs Goulet
mrkennedy
12/10/08 11:01:32PM
there was like alomst 500 punches in goulet back head.
ShadowxBox
12/10/08 11:03:25PM
I agree, but I guess they just let it go because he was basically out anyways, I mean if a guy is already about to lose why stop it and give him time to rest, it was stopped almost immediately after anyways.

Still a ton of punches to the back of the head. Well, hammerfists more than anything.
mrkennedy
12/10/08 11:06:14PM

Posted by ShadowxBox

I agree, but I guess they just let it go because he was basically out anyways, I mean if a guy is already about to lose why stop it and give him time to rest, it was stopped almost immediately after anyways.

Still a ton of punches to the back of the head. Well, hammerfists more than anything.

MMAcca
12/10/08 11:33:00PM
Goulet was out for a couple of minutes after that fight!

Swick was in no mood to stick around
MMA
12/10/08 11:59:44PM
Goulet shows us again that his chin is made out of fine china. It's really sad because the dude is a talented fighter, he just can't take a shot.
Jackelope
12/11/08 12:03:01AM

Posted by MMA

Goulet shows us again that his chin is made out of fine china. It's really sad because the dude is a talented fighter, he just can't take a shot.

That's why I laid $10 on him in wagers. To see Goulet at +680 or whatever it was is just ridiculous odds for a guy with his talent. I picked Swick to win, no doubt, but it was only $10 and it would have been a huge turnaround that wasn't too terribly much of a longshot IMO.
Pookie
12/11/08 12:05:14AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by MMA

That's why I laid $10 on him in wagers. To see Goulet at +680 or whatever it was is just ridiculous odds for a guy with his talent. I picked Swick to win, no doubt, but it was only $10 and it would have been a huge turnaround that wasn't too terribly much of a longshot IMO.

lol i was honestly considering betting my entire bankroll on swick, just for like a guranteed 1000
prozacnation1978
12/11/08 2:30:38AM
aka had a great night swick went ape shit on his ass like the swick of old
this guy needs a title shot soon
Franklinfan47
12/11/08 11:18:46AM
It was alot of shots to the back of the head, but lets face it, thats not the first time we've seen it happen. Lesnar landed several shots to the back of randys head in their fight without penalty. Its not the shot that actually hurt goulet, so I think its ok. To be honest, I was much more pissed about Wiman refusing to let go of Miller's shorts without penalty. Wtf was that?

As for the fight itself. Glad to see the old swick back, I knew he would crush Goulet. Goulets a good old canadian scrapper but Swick is just on another level. Let the Swick bandwagon reconvene!
bls1919
12/11/08 10:27:53PM
Swick blew up, it was great. Goulet isn't much for taking punches. but that was a great showing for Swick. As for the punches they were a bit behind but not really the ones that put him away.
Chow-man
12/13/08 5:43:10AM
ask that to brock lesnar against mir.
gsquat
12/13/08 10:37:39AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by MMA

Thats why I put 4500 on Swick.
deezyo
12/14/08 9:25:38PM
the ufc shouldve gave swick a tougher opponent.... hes been around for a while
bls1919
12/14/08 9:43:58PM
I have replied once but now that I've watched the fight a couple of times, I think the Punches in ? are hammerfists to the side of the head(ear). Truly I think Swick is a very intelegent fighter and knows where to strike.