Swick out of UFC 90, eyes December return

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Swick out of UFC 90, eyes December return
SmileR
8/20/08 8:23:33AM
Despite hopes that he would be able to fight on the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s upcoming Chicago debut on Oct. 25, Mike Swick told MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday that he hasn’t recovered enough from recent surgery on his right elbow to be ready for UFC 90.

“I had a few bone fragments floating around in my elbow joint causing inflammation. There were also bone spurs that needed to be removed. It has been ongoing for a while… It reduced my flexibility in the right arm and if it was extended too much it would swell up and be useless for a few days until the inflammation went down,” said the American Kickboxing Academy fighter.

“So it was a priority to get it fixed as soon as this last fight was over, which is what we did. Dr. Sanders and Young operated on it in Las Vegas on July 10 and removed the bone fragments and bone spurs.”

He is already back training, but still not up to speed for an October return. With The Ultimate Fighter Season 8 Finale in early December and the UFC’s year-end event late in the month, his plans more likely are aimed at a December return.

Link
prozacnation1978
8/20/08 10:02:21AM
that seems right
i was a little shocked when dana said he would fight in oct
dec seems more likely maybe even main event of tuf 8
Twenty20Dollars
8/20/08 11:11:09AM
oh well, this will free up some more opponents for him