Swick out of 103? Semtex in?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Swick out of 103? Semtex in?
Aaronno9
9/4/09 12:50:59PM
Link

Its from the Sun, so as the U.K guys will know its not the most reliable source. But if its true.... WOW. This fight will be fireworks.

Edit by Mod
Here is a more credible source.
MMAcca
9/4/09 1:12:33PM
Would be nice to 'Semtex' on the main card, but The Sun does speak absolute b******s.
dangerfield
9/4/09 1:44:36PM
The sun is a piece of trash newspaper, prone to overreactions sensationalism and well just plain making things up (they invented a slipknot song and blamed it for a shooting in Germany about 7-8 years ago no such song existed)

That said I've yet to see them fabricate an MMA story, I'd believe this more than if I read it on Sherdog...
BDON911
9/4/09 2:10:06PM
damn. not good.
emfleek
9/4/09 2:15:41PM
MMAJunkie (and others) is reporting this as well, but they're also citing the Sun.
BDON911
9/4/09 2:16:17PM

Posted by emfleek

MMAJunkie (and others) is reporting this as well, but they're also citing the Sun.

Check cagewriter. I think they confirmed it with Daley. Looks to be true
McBee
9/4/09 2:28:05PM
what a crappy fight, Martin gets rocked once by Daley and he will take him down and sub him two seconds afterward, Kampmann vs McFedries all over again. I do think that Kampmann will keep it standing until he gets in trouble though so that part of the fight could be pretty cool, Semtex does not deserve a main event when he cannot Sprawl
skitzo
9/4/09 3:11:00PM

Posted by McBee

what a crappy fight, Martin gets rocked once by Daley and he will take him down and sub him two seconds afterward, Kampmann vs McFedries all over again. I do think that Kampmann will keep it standing until he gets in trouble though so that part of the fight could be pretty cool, Semtex does not deserve a main event when he cannot Sprawl

I agree that if it hits the mat it is all over for Daley. Yet, the guy clearly has improved over the years and his sprawl/takedown defense is a lot better today. So, I would actually go with Kampmann via tapout in the 2nd instead of the first.
Twenty20Dollars
9/4/09 4:09:32PM
Now who gets the next shot at GSP?

Im guessing if kampmann wins he'll be next but if he loses then its a toss up.
BustedKnuckle
9/4/09 4:12:35PM
Bum deal for Swick. But its a great oppputunity for Kampman to take anopther win in the UFC. He is in much better shape to win it now. Not that Dal;ey isnt a tough guy, but Kampman has looked great since going to 170 and will take it via TKO
McBee
9/4/09 4:12:55PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Now who gets the next shot at GSP?

Im guessing if kampmann wins he'll be next but if he loses then its a toss up.

none of the above, It was a stupid idea in the first place, how about who ever fights the champ has to beat someone he has already beaten not counting Serra, ala Hughes, Koscheck, Fitch or Alves. I am still pissed Dana would even consider giving Kampmann or Swick a shot.
Wolfenstein
9/4/09 4:16:13PM
I thought Semtex showed pretty good td defense against Jake Shields, but yeah it's probably inevitable that Kampman grinds out a decision on the mat.

I would like to see someone beat Jon Fitch, then I think you're deserving of a title shot, and actually have a chance.
McBee
9/4/09 4:21:10PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I thought Semtex showed pretty good td defense against Jake Shields, but yeah it's probably inevitable that Kampman grinds out a decision on the mat.

I would like to see someone beat Jon Fitch, then I think you're deserving of a title shot, and actually have a chance.

I would have to watch the fight again but thinking back I thought his takedown defense was punching Jake in the face really hard while Jake tried to prove that his non-existent standup game was existent and even while Jake was practically KOed on the feet he still managed to get Daley to the ground. Kampmann is more well rounded than Jake even though Jake would probably beat him if they fought so I still think he will sub Daley quickly.
xdanish020
9/4/09 4:44:48PM
I'm a fan of both but if Martin stands up with Daley he's gonna get knocked out.
Irish_Pride
9/4/09 4:59:12PM
Wow, that really sucks. Swick is one hell of a fighter and his fight against Kampmann was going to be a real good one. Semtex is a good fighter but I don't think he can hang with Kampmann on the ground.
prozacnation1978
9/4/09 7:16:04PM
looks true
swick is out daley in
daley is horrible on the ground, all kammpman has to do is pull him down and sub him
i wanted swick to win, now a gsp vs kammpman just doesn't seem thrilling at all
now if daley wins, i bet condit fights gsp
Aaronno9
9/4/09 7:29:11PM
People are talking about Daleys ground game like its the same as it was 3 years ago. Hes improved his wrestling and defensive grappling hugely recently. And since when has Martin been a takedown expert?

That said, if they fight does his the ground, its going to end up being a dominant round to Martin or a submission. I just hope it stays standing so we can see Daleys stand up. I dont think its to far fetched so say hes in the top 3 strikers in the division.

Im taking Martin with a sub in the 3rd.