Sweat suits

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Sweat suits
Ultimate_fighter
5/17/07 2:23:08PM
I saw on TUF that they use sweat suits to cut weight. I was wondering where i can find some, that are black And if taping up the wrists help any more that it normaly does?
Rush
5/17/07 4:05:38PM
You could probably just use garbage bags with elastics or tape for the arms and legs.
Ultimate_fighter
5/17/07 6:34:38PM
i think i would rather wear a sweat suit,,, do u no where i can get one?
Rush
5/17/07 11:43:16PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

i think i would rather wear a sweat suit,,, do u no where i can get one?

Why do you need the sweat suit? Or rather, why would rather use a sweat suit instead of an alternative that works as well? Just curious.
richieb19
5/18/07 12:00:18AM
Take Rush's advice here, there is little reason to spend money on a sweat suit that will perform to the same degree as a 10cent garbage bag and some cheap tape...

Also out of curiosity, what are you cutting weight for?
szucconi
5/18/07 5:50:07PM
They are called sauna suits. You can find them online or maybe at a sports store.

Black might help it get warm quicker in the sun, but thats it.
szucconi
5/18/07 6:02:31PM
oh yeah, they are dangerous. They are for temporary water weight loss only. They don't work in the long run for losing weight. They make you sweat more then normal. They don't make your workout better or help you get stronger faster. They reduce the amount of water you have in your body and can lead to heat stroke or dehydration. After you are finished with the suit (after weigh ins) you must replenish the water and electrolytes in you body. You will gain the weight back quickly after you start rehydration.
papercut
5/18/07 7:32:52PM

I saw on TUF that they use sweat suits to cut weight. I was wondering where i can find some, that are black And if taping up the wrists help any more that it normaly does?

I found them at walmart in the sports section so I would check there
Ultimate_fighter
5/19/07 2:10:27AM

Posted by richieb19

Take Rush's advice here, there is little reason to spend money on a sweat suit that will perform to the same degree as a 10cent garbage bag and some cheap tape...

I am going into boxing right away and i am at 185-190. I wanna be 170 - 175. I am doing some good workouts for my body just wanna a sweat suit to see if i can make it to this weight or not.
szucconi
5/19/07 3:03:56AM
unless you are extremely cut or you are named Gabe, you can.
bayonetxwork
5/19/07 2:42:56PM

Posted by richieb19

I am going into boxing right away and i am at 185-190. I wanna be 170 - 175. I am doing some good workouts for my body just wanna a sweat suit to see if i can make it to this weight or not.

15 pounds or so is a pretty tough cut for a lot of people. I'd look to only cut around 8, and let your diet do the rest...But seriously, just use a trash bag, its exactly the same thing without a logo. You can put a piece of masking tape on if you want though, maybe write a cool word like, "Tuff" on it :]

you can by a sauna suit pretty much anywhere. Go into champs/dicks/sports authority and look in the boxing section, they will probably have one by everlast. Should go for around 20bucks?
Ultimate_fighter
5/20/07 2:47:48AM
Thanx Bro
Signal2112
6/3/07 1:04:13PM
One benefit of using bin bags instead of a proper suit is that once you're done, you can just throw them away and not have to worry about washing them!
Ultimate_fighter
6/4/07 6:54:47PM
Hey, guys
I was wondering Where i can find some sweat suits!
kbak303
6/4/07 10:07:42PM

Posted by szucconi

unless you are extremely cut or you are named Gabe, you can.

that was plain funny...

i picked up new handwraps at Acadamy sports..and they had the sweat suits right next to the mouthguards in the boxing section
bayonetxwork
6/6/07 8:58:09PM

Hey, guys
I was wondering Where i can find some sweat suits!

My last post i told you can go anywhere that sells boxing stuff, and they'l have sauna suits. Champs, Dicks. Sports Authority, hell they probably even have them at Walmart
jdubs
6/6/07 10:44:14PM
i could not imagine my self walking through the gym locker room with a trash bag on. i would become the laughing stock of the town
bayonetxwork
6/8/07 3:33:33PM

Posted by jdubs

i could not imagine my self walking through the gym locker room with a trash bag on. i would become the laughing stock of the town

It looks the same as a regular sauna suit. It'll be baggy, and you'll be wearing tons of sweats underneath...
Mastodon2
6/8/07 6:55:47PM
Personally I think you should just pop the cash for a real sweat suit - Ripping off bin bags every half hour to weigh yourself, and then putting more on and taping it all up again would be a real pain in the ass.
Ultimate_fighter
6/18/07 1:40:06AM

Posted by Mastodon2

Personally I think you should just pop the cash for a real sweat suit - Ripping off bin bags every half hour to weigh yourself, and then putting more on and taping it all up again would be a real pain in the ass.