SURVEY: Points per event in both PRI and SEC leagues?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » SURVEY: Points per event in both PRI and SEC leagues?
emfleek
9/3/08 1:58:04PM
PRIMARY: 50.9 points per event
SECONDARY: 46.6 points per event

Weeeeeeeeeeeak sauce.

You?
wolfman
9/3/08 2:16:19PM
For me:

L1: 55.18 points per event (22 events in total)
L2: 54.08 PPE (40 events in total)
DCRage
9/3/08 2:26:47PM
L1: 43 points per event (20 events total)
L2: 42.86 points per event (38 events total)
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/3/08 3:24:49PM
52.2 PRI---13 events
38.3 SEC--24 events
juanez13
9/3/08 3:25:01PM
56.9 in the Primary (start of season three till now, so 12 events)

Secondary league wont count, since i mostly pick only the events that i can watch WVR, DREAM, WEC , Affliction and Elite. I'll wait till this season is over, and Will start picking constantly next season
emfleek
9/3/08 3:46:01PM

Posted by juanez13

Secondary league wont count, since i mostly pick only the events that i can watch WVR, DREAM, WEC , Affliction and Elite. I'll wait till this season is over, and Will start picking constantly next season

This season *is* over. The new season starts on 9/10.
juanez13
9/3/08 5:51:36PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by juanez13

This season *is* over. The new season starts on 9/10.

wait, so WEC 36 is the first event of season 5?
jiujitsufreak74
9/3/08 6:02:24PM

Posted by juanez13
wait, so WEC 36 is the first event of season 5?

yup

anyway, for secondary league i missed a lot of events in the beginning or only had a few picks in. i'll just use the events i actually picked every fight for (season 3 and on) when calculating this.

Primary- 50.3 (16 events)
Secondary- 54.5 (18 events)
Mayhem13
9/3/08 9:08:32PM
does it say somewhere?? or do we have to mathmatically figure it out?? if its the latter..then I will probably just make something up
emfleek
9/4/08 1:53:55PM

Posted by Mayhem13

does it say somewhere?? or do we have to mathmatically figure it out?? if its the latter..then I will probably just make something up

You have to figure it out. It's easy and takes like 3 minutes.
DCRage
9/4/08 1:56:59PM

Posted by Mayhem13

It's simple MMAth. Add up total points from all your events to date, then divide that by the total number of events you've made picks for. I'll use my Primary total as an example: 860 total points divided by 20 events participated = 43 points per event.
emfleek
9/4/08 1:57:05PM

Posted by Mayhem13

And your averages are...

PRI: 45.7 points per event
SEC: 44.0 points per event
Pookie
9/4/08 2:01:25PM
47.6 points per game in games that have 9 or 8 matches,

57.7 points per game in games that have 10-12 matches.

Didnt even bother with secondary league
gsquat
9/4/08 2:07:03PM
Primary: 45.33 with 15 events
Secondary: 41.86 with 23 events
If I were to get rid of the secondary league events that I only made a couple picks it'd be much higher.

Not great. I think I let how i feel about the fighters factor too much into my picking them.
cowcatcher
9/4/08 2:07:33PM
48.3 secondary

those of us that were here form day one are going to have a little lower numbers than the newer guys in the regular game because of the 8 fight cards they used to do as opposed to 11 or so now. that said, i still suck
jiujitsufreak74
9/4/08 2:43:46PM

Posted by Pookie

that's a good point. a lot of the earlier cards had less fights then they do now. so someone who has joined more recently would have a higher (or should have a higher) average. then you have Cage Rage cards which can have like 15 matches and then you have Sengoku which can have 7 or 8.
emfleek
9/4/08 3:00:30PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Pookie

that's a good point. a lot of the earlier cards had less fights then they do now. so someone who has joined more recently would have a higher (or should have a higher) average. then you have Cage Rage cards which can have like 15 matches and then you have Sengoku which can have 7 or 8.

Key word = average

When calculating a baseball player's batting average, how many different pitcher's they faced in each game isn't taken in to account.

jiujitsufreak74
9/4/08 3:06:30PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Pookie

Key word = average

When calculating a baseball player's batting average, how many different pitcher's they faced in each game isn't taken in to account.

yes, but look st it like this. for the members that participated in the events from the beginning, a lot of their picks will be from 9 fight cards...more so then members who joined later which means they have a higher chance for a lower average.
cowcatcher
9/4/08 5:10:33PM

Posted by emfleek

Key word = average

they get the same amount of at bats no matter how many pitchers they face though man, its more like a guy getting extra at bats rather than facing more pitchers. 3 ABs a game can raise your average a ton per 1 baseball game or lower it for that matter, 3 extra fights means more points to be had, but theres no downside, you just get points for picking them right, so not a great comparison. its ok though i know to slow things down for cubs fans

(sorry fleek, couldnt resist)