SURVEY: Players on your favorite team(s) that you can't stand?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » SURVEY: Players on your favorite team(s) that you can't stand?
Next Page »
emfleek
10/14/09 2:08:29PM
CHICAGO CUBS: Milton Bradley, Kevin Gregg, Alfonso Soriano, COMING SOON: Carlos Zambrano
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: Adam Vinatieri, Tony Ugoh
Rush
10/14/09 2:17:43PM
Milton Bradley. lol did his parents hate him too?

I've pretty much only watched hockey in terms of team sports. I could name a number of ex-leafs that I couldn't stand as players, but generally had no problem with them as people off the ice. The team is so new this year I don't really know most of them, but they seem like decent guys.
FlashyG
10/14/09 2:19:41PM
Detroit Red Wings - Todd Bertuzzi
Toronto Blue Jays - Vernon Wells
emfleek
10/14/09 2:25:01PM
With the exception of Milton Bradley, I hate the guys I listed as players. They may be decent people, but I can't f'ing stand them on the field.
DCRage
10/14/09 2:29:13PM
Unfortunately Dan Snyder doesn't play for the Redskins, ditto Peter Angelos for the Orioles, so I really don't have any.
cowcatcher
10/14/09 2:51:47PM
PACKERS: currently only allen barbre
BUCKS: luke ridnour, hes a scrub and i wish they could ship him off but they have no one else to play the point besides jennings since letting sessions go
BREWERS: jason kendall, jeff suppan, LL Cool JJ Hardy(hes just for the ladies to love, i cant stand him)
Wallass
10/14/09 3:08:43PM
Leafs- Toskala, never done anything for the team, never even had a winning season with them and its not going to start this year.

Jays- Vernon Wells. I like him as a person but hes done nothing for the team and he gets paid way too much.

Kpro
10/14/09 4:15:49PM
Luckily there's nobody on my favorite teams I can't stand, but here's a few I could do without.

Seahawks: Deion Branch ($5m+ to be an injury riddled 5th option in the passing game)

Mariners: Mike Sweeney (DH'ing this guy most of the year with a ton of talented prospects that need major league experience?)

Sonics: ...
EvenFlow
10/14/09 4:25:39PM

Posted by FlashyG

Detroit Red Wings - Todd Bertuzzi

I will never get that sucker punch outta my head and that's how I will remember him, as just another version of McSorley.
Rush
10/14/09 4:26:09PM

Posted by Wallass

Leafs- Toskala, never done anything for the team, never even had a winning season with them and its not going to start this year.

Jays- Vernon Wells. I like him as a person but hes done nothing for the team and he gets paid way too much.

How did a Leafs fan get way up in Sens territory? I bet you don't wear your colours around town much eh?

As for getting paid too much, I think all the major sports players get too much. Hell, league minimum for most is more than the president or prime minister makes.
cowcatcher
10/14/09 4:27:37PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Wallass

How did a Leafs fan get way up in Sens territory? I bet you don't wear your colours around town much eh?

As for getting paid too much, I think all the major sports players get too much. Hell, league minimum for most is more than the president or prime minister makes.

the sales of president bush jerseys never really took off though, they only peaked during effigy season.
Shawn91111
10/14/09 4:35:02PM
Yankees - Johnny Damon ...thats because he was once a dirty Red
Hendo67
10/14/09 5:10:41PM
Boston Bruins : Phil Kessel...oh wait, he's gone to give Toronto "Success"
Twenty20Dollars
10/14/09 5:39:00PM
Chiefs: smell-J aka larry johnson

royals: jose guillen

hippysmacker
10/14/09 6:10:31PM
Neither one is there now, but I hated Jack Clark when he was on the Padres back in the day, and TO when he was in Dallas. I still don't like Patrick Crayton much either.
SpiderSilva
10/14/09 6:19:54PM
Just one guy in Denver

Brandon Marshall(Althogh I forgive him when he makes plays like the one vs the Cowboys)
IriShame
10/14/09 9:33:57PM

Posted by Kpro

Luckily there's nobody on my favorite teams I can't stand, but here's a few I could do without.

Seahawks: Deion Branch ($5m+ to be an injury riddled 5th option in the passing game)

Mariners: Mike Sweeney (DH'ing this guy most of the year with a ton of talented prospects that need major league experience?)

Those guys all suck.
I must add though:

Seahawks: Walter Jones. This guy holds out like every year. It's really irritating.

Mariners: Now, I don't care for Bedard. Back in the day I always hated Jeff Cirillo and even more way back Bobby Ayala and Norm Charleton. Old school.

Sonics: Luke Ridnour (just because he's local doesn't mean you have to play him). I also really hated Vin Baker back in the day.

That was fun to think about.
spikerman19
10/14/09 10:19:14PM
Giants- Barry Zito (The worst signing in the Sabean era maybe except for Armando Benitez)

49ers- Issac Bruce (Why do I need to see an over the hill ex-rival)
Shawn91111
10/15/09 9:39:29AM

Posted by Kpro

You dont really DH your top prospects or pretty much any for that fact. DH is usually for the guys who cant play the field anymore but can still provide something. Jr. Griffey was the main starting DH and Sweeney filled in for less than a 1/3 of the season there. Plus there were still sorta in contention going into the begining of Sept
Kpro
10/15/09 3:03:05PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Kpro

You dont really DH your top prospects or pretty much any for that fact. DH is usually for the guys who cant play the field anymore but can still provide something. Jr. Griffey was the main starting DH and Sweeney filled in for less than a 1/3 of the season there. Plus there were still sorta in contention going into the begining of Sept

Not only did I disagree with Sweeney at DH for over a third of the season, but they let him hit cleanup a lot of the time. Pathetic.

Let him play a third or half the season at DH hitting 7th or 8th sure, but have him play a third of the season batting cleanup? And not pinch-hititng for him in the ninth with runners on base multiple times was unbearable. Trust me.

Also, you only don't DH your prospects that have solid gloves, the M's have quite a few corner prospects that project as possible DH's. Not the best projections for guys in their early 20's.
higdon10
10/15/09 7:44:51PM

Posted by emfleek

I also cant stand Ugoh or Vinatieri. Throw in TJ Rushing as well.

Shawn91111
10/16/09 7:25:05AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Kpro

Not only did I disagree with Sweeney at DH for over a third of the season, but they let him hit cleanup a lot of the time. Pathetic.

Let him play a third or half the season at DH hitting 7th or 8th sure, but have him play a third of the season batting cleanup? And not pinch-hititng for him in the ninth with runners on base multiple times was unbearable. Trust me.

Also, you only don't DH your prospects that have solid gloves, the M's have quite a few corner prospects that project as possible DH's. Not the best projections for guys in their early 20's.

I dont agree on DH'ing prospects, I can name many prospects whose gloves arent up to snuff but they still get work in the field. Sweeney hit well over .330 from August on, just lacks the obvious power for a cleanup hitter
emfleek
10/16/09 8:23:35AM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by emfleek

I also cant stand Ugoh or Vinatieri. Throw in TJ Rushing as well.

Don't even get me started on Special Teams...they put the "special" in Special Teams.

Naturaldisaster
10/20/09 9:58:32PM
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: Dallas Clark, hes a great player but DAMN the man wont take a hit for anything. Tight Ends are supposed to be the big guys that can catch the ball, take hits, lay down blocks, but he was wont take a hit, he just dives or runs out of bounds
higdon10
10/20/09 11:58:40PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: Dallas Clark, hes a great player but DAMN the man wont take a hit for anything. Tight Ends are supposed to be the big guys that can catch the ball, take hits, lay down blocks, but he was wont take a hit, he just dives or runs out of bounds

Clark has taken a ton of hard hits in the past. He has had a couple of concussions as a result of some of the hits he has taken. Remember when John Lynch rung his bell??
higdon10
10/21/09 12:02:42AM

Posted by emfleek
Don't even get me started on Special Teams...they put the "special" in Special Teams.

You got that right.
emfleek
10/21/09 8:40:29AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

WHAT!?!?!?! Clark has taken MONSTER hits in the past.

And who cares if he dives or runs out of bounds? In terms of yardage, getting hit and diving are going to gain you the same amount of yards...and actually, diving may gain a couple more yards and save you from serious injury.

Would you rather him take a hit on every play and potentially lose him for the year with a severe concussion or broken bone?
cowcatcher
10/21/09 9:10:22AM
i forgot dan "crazy eyes" gadzuric on the bucks. he makes a ton of money because they kept him over zaza pachulia, and always has the look of a murderer just caught and being hauled off in front of the press. ill give him this though, ive seen him around many times and hes always with a new hot chick. this face must be the reason:
BustedKnuckle
10/22/09 10:34:01PM
NONE!!!

WAR STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!
WAR PENGUINS!!!!!!!!!!
and uhhhhh..........yeah pirates????!!!!????

Seriously though I was born and bred a Pittsburg fan except for college footbal...then it PSU all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThaAxeMurderer7
10/23/09 1:12:06AM
Will Smith, Charles Grant, and Reggie Bush from my beloved 5-0 New Orleans Saints.

Pages: [1] 2