SURVEY: You have $25 to use at the iTunes store...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » SURVEY: You have $25 to use at the iTunes store...
emfleek
12/17/08 10:45:03AM
...and you can spend it on anything they have. What would you spend it on?

GO.
DCRage
12/17/08 10:47:50AM
1 or 2 movies and/or some TV Shows.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/17/08 11:44:27AM
I find something i want on itunes store (probly like dc, movies or shows) and then get them via torrent (i use www.torrentscan.com ) and then sell my 25$ itunes dollars for 20$ to my neighbor who has no idea what a torrent is. I'm saying all this cause it happened 2 days ago
BigEvil
12/17/08 12:25:41PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

I find something i want on itunes store (probly like dc, movies or shows) and then get them via torrent (i use www.torrentscan.com ) and then sell my 25$ itunes dollars for 20$ to my neighbor who has no idea what a torrent is. I'm saying all this cause it happened 2 days ago

Dude your going to jail! but.....
emfleek
12/17/08 1:17:49PM
Eh...I never got the grasp on the whole Torrent thing.
DCRage
12/17/08 1:24:58PM
It's basically a fancy term for P2P (peer-to-peer) filesharing over the net. Whether it's legal or not is kinda cloudy but usually it's done to exchange files like movies, TV shows, etc. but it's not always these files and the intent is not always illegal. Some ISPs are trying to crack down on subscribers who do it.
emfleek
12/17/08 1:59:45PM

Posted by DCRage

It's basically a fancy term for P2P (peer-to-peer) filesharing over the net. Whether it's legal or not is kinda cloudy but usually it's done to exchange files like movies, TV shows, etc. but it's not always these files and the intent is not always illegal. Some ISPs are trying to crack down on subscribers who do it.

Yeah, I've used it before...and I've also been screwed over by it before (virus). I just never got it down to a science.
DCRage
12/17/08 2:01:02PM
I don't think I've ever used it, or if I have it's been legal sites/services. I'd use a similar site if it wasn't so damn slow-to make it fast they want you to pay for a membership. No thanks.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/17/08 2:33:22PM
yeah i do go on torrentscan wich im not sure of the legality... but the one i use the most is leecherslair, wich is legal and you have to donate an amount of money to have access to their database. i donated 5$ about a year ago now and theyr'e not being pushy about a re-donation at all.
loller90278
12/17/08 3:02:11PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

i'd use the $20 to buy a rapidshare or megaupload account, and download as much as i want without worrying about seeders. plus, it's 3x faster and much easier to use
emfleek
12/17/08 3:14:20PM
I ended up buying the following...

warglory
12/17/08 6:15:56PM
That Hank III album is awesome, and I'm not even a fan of country.
Mayhem13
12/17/08 6:26:52PM
props on the Hank III

ever heard The Gaslight Anthem?

they are a newer rock band, but have a nice gritty old-school swagger to them..like if The Fonz was in a band.they would be that band
cowcatcher
12/17/08 6:37:43PM
they got hookers or malt liquor there?
ncordless
12/17/08 7:22:01PM
I have just started using itunes. I spent $150 dollars on itunes yesterday.

I downloaded:
Herbie Hancock- Maiden Voyage
RHCP- Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magic; Uplift Mofo Party Plan
Wu-Tang- 36 Chambers, Forever, The W
Miles Davis- Jack Johnson
The Roots- There's Something Going On
Gza- Liquid Swords
Rza- Bobby Digital, Digital Bullets
Outkast- Atliens, Southernplayalisticadillacmusik
Bill Evans- Interplay
Sublime- Second-hand Smoke
Alice in Chains- Jar of Flies
Yo La Tengo- I can hear the heart beating as one
Queen- A Night at THe Opera
Smashing Pumpkins- Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Pixies- Doolittle

Edit: Wow, looking at that list I must of been feeling 90's!