SURVEY: Guilty Pleasures?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » SURVEY: Guilty Pleasures?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
AchillesHeel
1/4/08 10:45:47AM

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

A tumbler of Scotch
Thai Food
Intellectual Women
French Literature
Cheesy old Film Noirs
The Cure and Billy Joel (Get bagged on constantly for listening to these)

We're I'm from, you're weird if you don't like those things...

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

4) Grey's Anatomy

Posted by ufcboss

And going on MMAPLAYGROUND at work, 90% of my post's are from there!

Hehe. Me too.

Rush
1/4/08 12:06:24PM
For you Grey's Anatomy lovers out there. I know Sandra Oh's brother quite well. We've gone skiing on a few occasions. I haven't met Sandy though.
madmarck
1/4/08 12:28:01PM

Posted by babalu2720

MTV Reality shows

Those are killers
ohiostate1016
1/4/08 12:45:08PM
boy band music and jordin sparks

chocolate

smileys on instant message

the oc (which is not on tv any more)

And...
Believe it or not, I am not a woman.
woodmo
1/4/08 2:52:23PM
Iron Chef

Driving through huge puddles.

Single barrel bourbon.

I had to give it up after getting in trouble in high school, but the "Drive- By- Biker- Spandex- Ass- Slap" was big for a while.

Raising Arizona, with commercials.

emfleek
1/4/08 2:59:26PM
I love the Iron Chef. And Iron Chef America. Actually, I like most cooking shows and reality cooking shows (Hell's Kitchen, especially.)

Also...

Driving by someone, honking and then waving the other way.
Rush
1/4/08 3:54:46PM
I do some gross things, but I don't consider them guilty pleasures.... more like "guilties"

However, I did think of at least one guilty pleasure. I love listening to the German artist Blümchen.

You can look her up on Youtube. To someone that doesn't understand German, it sounds like cool techno, but if you know what the lyrics are then you'll understand why this is a guilty pleasure.
iwannabesedated
1/4/08 4:23:20PM

Posted by Rush

However, I did think of at least one guilty pleasure. I love listening to the German artist Blümchen.

You can look her up on Youtube. To someone that doesn't understand German, it sounds like cool techno, but if you know what the lyrics are then you'll understand why this is a guilty pleasure.

I never new there was a such thing as "cool" techno.But then again i guess i don't have robot ears either.

Most of it sounds like Unch Unch Unch Unch.I always looked at it like save a Musician,Kill a DJ.NO offence to any Djs out there..You have a talent but your not a musician.
Rush
1/4/08 4:46:52PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I never new there was a such thing as "cool" techno.But then again i guess i don't have robot ears either.

Most of it sounds like Unch Unch Unch Unch.I always looked at it like save a Musician,Kill a DJ.NO offence to any Djs out there..You have a talent but your not a musician.

to each his own, but the same arguement can be used for nearly all genres of music.
jiujitsufreak74
1/5/08 12:26:03AM
-I know every word to Glamorous by Fergie, 3 Madonna songs (Hung up, Like a prayer, and Like a virgin) and Africa by Toto ever since i saw that Wizard of OZ episode of Srcubs (my favorite show)...and yes i am comfortable in my sexuality

-My mp3 player has 25 WWE entrance songs including Kurt Angle's and Shawn Michaels'

-I cry during every father-son moment in movies...the girls think that sexy so im not complaining

those were a few more i left out
mrsmiley
1/5/08 8:39:03PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

-I know every word to Glamorous by Fergie, 3 Madonna songs (Hung up, Like a prayer, and Like a virgin) and Africa by Toto ever since i saw that Wizard of OZ episode of Srcubs (my favorite show)...and yes i am comfortable in my sexuality

-My mp3 player has 25 WWE entrance songs including Kurt Angle's and Shawn Michaels'

-I cry during every father-son moment in movies...the girls think that sexy so im not complaining

those were a few more i left out

All those songs are awesome.

I play along to Like A Prayer on bass every now and again.

Wow.This is almost like male bonding......................
scoozna
1/5/08 10:28:59PM

Tostitos, the "hint of lime" kind, I could eat a whole bag in one sitting. I hide them from my kids.

Peeing in the shower.
Boo_Radley21
1/5/08 11:20:03PM
The World's Strongest Man competition haha.
Boo_Radley21
1/6/08 12:01:36AM
Mustard Sandwiches too. I guess others find it gross lol.
madmarck
1/6/08 11:27:55AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Mustard Sandwiches too. I guess others find it gross lol.

Peanut butter on Baby Carrots
telnights
1/6/08 6:01:31PM
I like to listen to Christian music and I'm not a Christian at all.
Rush
1/6/08 11:11:23PM
I thought of another one. For over 10 years I've been a big collector. I mostly was into Star Wars, but lately I sold a lot of my stuff and have gotten into collecting replica lightsabres and 14" Predator figures. (see pics)

Keep in mind that I'll be 31 yrs old this spring.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4 Photo Attachment 5
candynuts
1/6/08 11:13:50PM
Theres nothing wrong being 31 and being a fan of Sokodojou.
Rush
1/6/08 11:14:14PM
Here are a couple more.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
Trapt1nw0nder
1/7/08 7:54:25AM

Posted by Rush

I thought of another one. For over 10 years I've been a big collector. I mostly was into Star Wars, but lately I sold a lot of my stuff and have gotten into collecting replica lightsabres and 14" Predator figures. (see pics)

Keep in mind that I'll be 31 yrs old this spring.

sounds like something from "The 40 Year Old Virgin"

naw...those predator figurines look kickass

do you keep them inside the package or do you take them out and put them in a display case or something?

and how much do they cost?

My other guilty pleasure are buying video games....i have like 40 XBOX360 games..
Rush
1/7/08 9:24:51AM
I open them. They actually come in parts and it takes about 1-2 hours to put them together. My wife hates them. She says they freak her out. They are 14 inches tall and cost about 130$ each. However, the cost increases once they sell out. I think a Scar Predator these days costs about $200+ on eBay.

The company that makes them (Hot Toys/Sideshow) makes all sorts of figures. Military, Bruce Lee, Rambo, Star Wars, Aliens, etc.

And yeah, my wife did laugh when we say the 40 Year Old Virgin. One difference is that I think I have only been deprived of "female companionship" for a total of about 6 months in the last 13 years of my life. The other difference is that I don't work in a video store. lol

I like video games, but my free time is limited so I don't have a system any newer than PS1

SmileR
1/8/08 11:49:02PM
Readybreck with sugar and then dip buttery toast into it an let it cool off... I could eat that ll my life!

Farting in the pool. I swim most days an i still laugh when that first bubble pops

Playing guitar untill my fingers bleed an then wiping the blood on my band mates guitar case. I just love that!! (Sorry Dave)

Pushing my little brother over. (he's 6 an i'm 21)

Leaving my training socks on the top of the washing machine.

Farting in bed with my girlfriend a pushing her head under the covers.

Other than that i'm pretty normal
emfleek
1/9/08 8:39:04AM

Posted by SmileR

Ahh...the Dutch Oven. A classic!

Another good one...

Fart while driving and lock the windows so no one else in the car can air it out...to top it all off, crank the heat on high and cook it.

We call it an Irish Car Bomb 'round these parts.
Boo_Radley21
1/9/08 9:07:43AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SmileR

Another good one...

Fart while driving and lock the windows so no one else in the car can air it out...to top it all off, crank the heat on high and cook it.

Haha I never thought of heating it up to make it worse. Thats a good one
SmileR
1/9/08 10:25:57AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SmileR

Another good one...

Haha i'm going to try that!
You sir are a champion!
emfleek
1/9/08 10:29:51AM
No, no...I'm no champion. I can't take credit for it. My grandma passed it down to me.
SmileR
1/9/08 10:31:53AM

Posted by emfleek

No, no...I'm no champion. I can't take credit for it. My grandma passed it down to me.

Shes a wise woman!
this thread is awesome!
hippysmacker
1/18/08 9:05:56AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by SmileR

Another good one...

Seriously, I am ashamed I forgot this one. We call it " buttboxing it" , but it's funny b y any name.
emfleek
1/18/08 9:10:59AM
The following TV shows:

Golden Girls
Home Improvement
Growing Pains
Wonder Years
Salute Your Shorts
hippysmacker
1/18/08 9:17:49AM

Posted by emfleek

The following TV shows:

Golden Girls
Home Improvement
Growing Pains
Wonder Years
Salute Your Shorts

I'm in for Home improvement, growing pains, and especially Wonder years. Wonder years was one of TV's all time great shows IMO.
Pages: 1 [2] 3