Well that was very surreal:Extreme Couture.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Well that was very surreal:Extreme Couture.
Omega
4/14/08 1:37:07AM
I had 6 members from our area compete in the first sanctioned amateur mma event in Las Vegas Saturday. Nevada vs California. One of our coaches tells me that 3 fighters didn't have their fight shorts so I head over to Extreme Couture which isn't far off the strip.

This girl that was with me brought along a "yard" glass of margarita to make things comical. When we get there I see Phil Baroni talking to (God I can't remember what his name is). Vanderli Silva is towing two kids out the back, Forrest Griffin is jumping rope in the cage, Martin Kampmann is working on thai pads and then Branden Vera walks in "Hey guys my brother was having his bachelor party this weekend would it be cool if I came and worked out?"

I'm pretty sure there were a few others I just didn't see. Quite surreal.
Jackelope
4/14/08 4:50:04AM
Nice. I still want to head up there and see what I can pay to get in a couple week's worth of training at Xtreme Couture. Just to hang out seeing the fighters and training with some of the best

How did Kampmann look? I can't wait for him to get back in the mix.

Mastodon2
4/14/08 4:52:53AM
A chance to see the legendary Wanderlei Silva in the flesh would make it worth the journy alone!
Leland
4/14/08 7:51:54AM

Posted by Mastodon2

A chance to see the legendary Wanderlei Silva in the flesh would make it worth the journy alone!

Agreed
babytater03
4/14/08 9:13:20AM
I would have stood there with my jaw near scraping the ground. Followed quickly by passing out for a few minutes.
IriShame
4/14/08 10:41:50AM
Dude, that's super sick. I don't like bothering celebrities but I would probably have had to talk to Wandy. That guy's badass.