Anybody else surprised Stephens is an underdog?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Anybody else surprised Stephens is an underdog?
Pookie
6/21/08 4:26:38PM
80/20 exactly, its crazy. i personally think stephens is the favorite here, Stephens has good sub defense and strong enough wrestling to keep fisher on his back.
Fisher has horrendous takedown defense as well.
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/21/08 4:27:55PM
ssssshhhh....

i picked him....don't let the secret out
CornishMMA
6/21/08 4:49:52PM

WTF POOKIE! are you trying to make it so we dont get the 2 bonus points?
Kpro
6/21/08 5:51:10PM
I picked him and also put down a small $20 to win $36 on bodog
loller90278
6/21/08 6:01:19PM

Posted by Kpro

if you're gonna bet, bet big..
tap_or_snap
6/21/08 7:07:39PM

Posted by Pookie

80/20 exactly, its crazy. i personally think stephens is the favorite here, Stephens has good sub defense and strong enough wrestling to keep fisher on his back.

Stephens has publically stated he will not be shooting on spencer in this fight and wants to stand toe to toe with him.

Also i'll never understand why people keep making these " why is so and so an underdog??" threads, more often than not the percentages creep over 20 and the people who had the underdog to begin with lose their bonus... I personally think its a ploy by people who have the other guy , if you have a guy as an underdog who you don't think should be why go shouting it from the rafters, just doesnt make sense to me?

Either guy has the shot to finish but imo its going to be a decison on this one,
i've got spencer, think its going to be very close but spencer has the more varied technical striking game so thats why i picked him.
Kpro
6/21/08 9:21:50PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Kpro

As many who know me know; I do.

I lost $500 on Starnes and won $1000 on the Lakers in the West among others in the past month alone.

I also make small teaser bets and various horse racing bets daily.
Kracker_Jap
6/21/08 9:29:46PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Kpro

As many who know me know; I do.

I lost $500 on Starnes and won $1000 on the Lakers in the West among others in the past month alone.

I also make small teaser bets and various horse racing bets daily.

Is that illegal in our state??
npayant
6/22/08 1:04:51AM

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by Pookie

Stephens has publically stated he will not be shooting on spencer in this fight and wants to stand toe to toe with him.

Also i'll never understand why people keep making these " why is so and so an underdog??" threads, more often than not the percentages creep over 20 and the people who had the underdog to begin with lose their bonus... I personally think its a ploy by people who have the other guy , if you have a guy as an underdog who you don't think should be why go shouting it from the rafters, just doesnt make sense to me?

Either guy has the shot to finish but imo its going to be a decison on this one,
i've got spencer, think its going to be very close but spencer has the more varied technical striking game so thats why i picked him.

I was going to say the exact same thing about the "why people keep making these 'why is so and so an underdog??'" until I saw someone had already said it...

But great job Tap_or_Snap for nailing how this fight would go!!
missypie
6/22/08 1:20:50AM
bahaha, you let the secret out that is Stephens!!!!!!!!

glad that tool lost.
Kpro
6/22/08 1:42:01PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Is that illegal in our state??

Yeah, but I only cash out a few hundred at a time via Western Union so as to not raise any red flags. Plus it's not monitored well by our gambling commission.

The only negative is that if a site goes under, you're out of luck.

For instance; I had around a grand in my betonsports.com account when they folded 2 years ago and I can't go after them for the money because it was illegal for me to be using their site in the first place.

So I only use Bodog now because I know they have good financial backing.
89vision
6/22/08 3:29:42PM

Posted by missypie

glad that tool lost.

as opposed to you the keyboard warrior calling stephens a tool, lol
xposipx
6/22/08 4:22:16PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by missypie

glad that tool lost.

hmm being a tool is a personality shot. she's not saying anything bad about his skills. someone is just angry they made a dumb change. how is that a keyboard warrior, ska boy?

P.S. - I wonder if he dedicates his losses to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ?
iwannabesedated
6/22/08 5:38:02PM

Posted by xposipx

Posted by 89vision

Posted by missypie

glad that tool lost.

hmm being a tool is a personality shot. she's not saying anything bad about his skills. someone is just angry they made a dumb change. how is that a keyboard warrior, ska boy?

But do you or her know him personally to call him a tool...He might be a cool dude that likes to drink beer and eat meat.

Ska Boy > Eco-Terroist.
Sam_Rothstein
6/22/08 6:08:52PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by Kpro

hopefully noone took your advice and lost big
Pookie
6/23/08 2:28:24AM

Posted by xposipx

Posted by 89vision

Posted by missypie

glad that tool lost.

Its called fighter bashing.
CornishMMA
6/23/08 7:43:57AM
yes its a shame the person winning this game ranked #1 would post something like that

I fail to see how he is a "tool"???

And even more fail to see how anyone can laugh at the underdog pick cos we very nearly won ffs!!! it was 29-28 and had it been a 5 round fight i think Lil Heathen would have won

He got the best of the striking imo, was better with GnP when he was on top, was very active from bottom with sub attempts and regaining guard, just a bit of control and GnP won Spencer the 1st few rds but had it been all standing i think Jeremy would have won
Figsak
6/23/08 2:27:05PM
I picked Fisher on this one.
Stephens hits hard, and IMO Fisher has the same problem Jens Pulver has, Pro boxer skills, hits just hard enough to stun but not KTFO most ppl, and has a glass jaw. I figured Fisher has more EXP, and a better camp. He has better overall skills, and amazing cardio. I picked Fisher to win the split decision.

Only chance Jeremy had was a lucky bomb. Though I crapped when he had Fisher in the Guillotine at the end.
CornishMMA
6/24/08 7:03:19AM

Posted by Figsak

Only chance Jeremy had was a lucky bomb. Though I crapped when he had Fisher in the Guillotine at the end.

No such thing, but also that wasnt his only chance cos i saw him landing the better and harder shots when it was standing

And if you win the 1st 2 rounds but then lose the 3rd did you really win the fight? not imo, he just won the decision, if the fight was for 4 rds it would have been a draw, and if it was 5 rds Stephens would have won i think
Figsak
6/24/08 12:39:31PM
Doubtful. I doubt Stepehns has the cardio to go 5 rounds, especially with the pace Fisher likes to press. And yes Stephens hits harder than Fisher, most ppl do, but he never hit him hard ENOUGH. Fisher is a technical boxer with little midget arms.

I know what you're saying about the round by round scoring, but thats just how it is. I don't like getting speeding tickets fo doing the speed limit for 5hrs, then flooring it for 3 seconds either.

I'd say its wishful thinking to say Stephens would of won rounds 4-5. Fisher can go for 10 rounds and he can force you to fight at his pace. By the end of round 3 Stephens arms had to of been rubber from all the guillotine attempts.