Anyone else surprised that Overeem vs Lesnar is actually taking place?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Anyone else surprised that Overeem vs Lesnar is actually taking place?
DoTheMMAth
12/30/11 2:47:40PM
I hope I'm not jynxing anything a few hours out by saying this... but is anyone other than me surprised that this fight is happening?

Seemed like a long-shot forum suggestion type matchup from the start, combined with complications on Overeem's piss test and his personal life shit and wondering if Brock was actually going to be healthy enough to return as scheduled - nevermind the usual camp injury risk that seems to be getting more and more common.

When the news first broke months ago I thought for sure there was no way this fight was actually going to take place with so much time for crap to go wrong and 2 recently flaky guys (disclaimer: not their fault for being flaky at all).
Twenty20Dollars
12/30/11 3:11:21PM
I am b/c of the whole drug test thing, that just seemed fishy and I was "oh no, here we go."
Chael_Sonnen
12/30/11 3:17:13PM
Well, until the test come back "negative" I'll just take it for what it is....a one sided gorilla-style beat down for Mr. Lesnar.
MuayThaiGeek13
12/30/11 3:20:24PM
This is definitely the type of fight that would normally fall through. Luckily it didn't.

I'm just uneasy because I can't confidently predict the outcome.
FastKnockout
12/30/11 3:55:54PM
I'm excited. Biggest heavyweight matchup in UFC history outside of title fights.
MuayThaiGeek13
12/30/11 4:29:29PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I'm excited. Biggest heavyweight matchup in UFC history outside of title fights.

Hmm very true! NogVMir 2 is in 2nd place for that.
Budgellism
12/30/11 4:56:06PM
I'm pretty surprised tbh. It's a good surprise though
Aether
12/30/11 5:08:57PM
well you just ruined it, now Overeem is going to fall and hit his head backstage before the fight Kevin Randleman style. Fight's cancelled guys.
KungFuMaster
12/30/11 5:29:21PM
It better happen because I cleared my schedule to be home today.
tcunningham
12/30/11 8:57:44PM
im not surprised the two of them are fighting, i am surprised that overeem actually made it into the ufc after all the BS going on in strikeforce and all the GG's fighters from holland getting fired from SF. the last thing i thought would happen was overeem immediately coming to the ufc. whatever, im just glad he finally made it and we get to see if overeem is everything we're told.