Supplements: scam or legit?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Supplements: scam or legit?
« Previous Page
EddieBowers
7/14/07 4:35:42PM

Posted by johny_rotten

I don't know the science behind any of it, but I can say some supplements work for me. If I take NO explode before I work out I have 50 times the energy I would have with out it. If I take creatine monohydrate before or after I work out I am not sore the next day. I am sore if I don't take it.

You can be a DR for 30 years and dispute my claim, but you would be wrong. You don't know my body. My point is this is only relavent to you. Someone else can't tell you if they work. If they are helping you in your routine then good for you. If you choose not to use them good for you as well. The only thing science can tell you is that a certain supplement is potentially harm full in the long run.

I think you have a good point. It does depend on the person. Rush you also have a great point about placebos. I can say that I feel a differance when you am on or off my suppliments. I eat healthy, work out (BJJ, MT, etc.) but still take vit. and sups. Also my father has MS and takes plenty of suppliments, instead of the meds his dr said he should. Started up on acupuncture (I knoew my spelling is bad so please forgive me if that was spelt wrong.) When he went back to he regular doctor for his check up they noticed changes due to the vitamins and othe suppliments he was taking. But as stated above not everything works for everyones body type. Just my 2 cents, I am not a doctor, and anything like that, just a 28 year old father of 2.... by the way give your kids a childs vit and and make the eat well and just see how much more energy they have. WOW. Sorry for the long post.
Rush
7/14/07 9:22:11PM

Posted by EddieBowers
by the way give your kids a childs vit and and make the eat well and just see how much more energy they have. WOW.

Of course that's the way it shoudl be for kids.
lilz_gangsta
7/15/07 1:48:47PM
fedorwins1
7/15/07 3:22:53PM

Posted by lilz_gangsta

no r-tard
u add the fat in the ice cream to convert it to muscle mass
and i think ice cream isnt that bad for you, even when its mixed with vitamins and nutrients

Someone ban this "gangsta".
JGeyer23
7/15/07 5:29:51PM

Posted by lilz_gangsta

no r-tard
u add the fat in the ice cream to convert it to muscle mass
and i think ice cream isnt that bad for you, even when its mixed with vitamins and nutrients

I hope that's a joke and you're not really THAT ignorant. Since when does fat "convert" to muscle mass? And my statement wasn't so much about the fat as it was for the sugar, but I'm sure that you think simple sugar is great for you because that's where you get your energy, right?
lilz_gangsta
7/15/07 6:18:03PM
my bad i didnt put the brand of ice cream i use,because my mom is a health freak she gets nothing but healthy food including ice cream made of soy milk
which still has some sugar and fat but i am a skinny ass dude and i think i need a little extra meat on me along with my protein and 20 nutrients inside of myoplex and there still is fat and sugar in myoplex and other protein/whey supplements so sorry i wasted your time
JGeyer23
7/15/07 6:39:14PM

Posted by lilz_gangsta

my bad i didnt put the brand of ice cream i use,because my mom is a health freak she gets nothing but healthy food including ice cream made of soy milk
which still has some sugar and fat but i am a skinny ass dude and i think i need a little extra meat on me along with my protein and 20 nutrients inside of myoplex and there still is fat and sugar in myoplex and other protein/whey supplements so sorry i wasted your time

The brand of ice cream you use is besides the point..the only reason I said anything is because you were suggesting that other people could mix ice cream with it as well to make different flavors. If you're going to give out some nutritional advice why would you say to add ice cream? Just didn't make sense to me, but maybe I'm not "gangsta" enough to understand your reasoning.. just messin.. don't want you to pop a cap in my @ss, gangsta. No seriously I'm just messin, but I wasn't tryin to flame you or anything just pointing out that its bad advice
lilz_gangsta
7/15/07 7:06:26PM
ok well for the record NOONE USE ICE CREAM WITH YOUR SUPPLEMENTS
and yes i am gangsta
JGeyer23
7/15/07 7:21:21PM

Posted by lilz_gangsta

and yes i am gangsta

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
fedorwins1
7/16/07 1:15:31PM

Posted by lilz_gangsta

No one is going to believe me probablly, but natural doctors are starting to find out that soy is very bad for you. Baby's food that has soy in it is actually destroying them for the rest of their life, soy creates a huge amount of estrogen in the body and the amount of it in baby's food is equal to 4 birth control pills! The only problem about soy is that it's in almost everything, so it's kind of hard to not eat it.
TOMMYAYO05
7/16/07 8:54:46PM
definetley legit say there not legit in the way they dont even really help your body but you think they are so you train better and harder!
JGeyer23
7/17/07 12:08:29AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

definetley legit say there not legit in the way they dont even really help your body but you think they are so you train better and harder!

They don't even really help your body? How so? Any facts to back that up? And I'm talking about just the basic supplements such as protein and creatine.. it has been proven that they DO help. I agree there is a placebo effect on most people because they believe all the claims on the labels so they tend to train harder because they buy into the hype, but supplements do help. Not all, of course. There are many supplement companies that are complete BS because of the fact that supplements aren't FDA approved. There are honest supplement companies though and their products have been proven to work. Some of the companies I've come across that produce great products without the BS include: Beverly International, MAN Sports, Controlled Labs, and Serious Nutrition Solutions (for anyone interested). Of course those aren't the only honest companies with great products, but those are my personal favorites..
Pages: 1 [2]