supplements

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » supplements
jgordon85
11/6/07 10:41:31AM
i am not well rounded in the supplements game. all i use is whey protien and creatine. what do you guys use and what are the best ones with the best results. there are so many out there.
Djbb
11/6/07 10:44:23AM
A good friend of mine used to take NO-Xplode before he hit the gym. He claimed he felt like he good do a million pushups.
Rush
11/6/07 3:16:42PM
I use a low lactose protein supplement (Iso whey) and a high quality multi vitamin, coupled with a healthy diet. That is all I need and all I'd ever want.
Stickan
11/6/07 4:50:36PM
I used to use gainers and stuff for about 4 years but I didn't gain much weight and I didn't put on as much muscle as desired but when I quit using supplements and had to focus on eating more I gained weight and muscle more quickly.

i think supplements are really good, especially if you have a long travel to your gym but the main focus should be on your diet.

I'm just trying to enjoy life at the moment. I train and work-out every day and I've got really high metabolism so I don't worry much about fat and stuff like that. I eat pizza and sometimes burgers, I just try to put as much protein in my body as possible.

Oh, and I do use creatine. If not for the real effect, for the placebo effect.
jdubs
11/6/07 5:55:09PM
get a good whey protein, the best for the money is optimal nutrition 100 pecent whey...its one , if not the best selling supplements out there................... as far as the nitrix oxide supps... eh, if u want to pay for if go ahead, just a whole lot of caffine, i personaly think when u take that stuff, placebo kicks in and makes u think it is incredible, but whatever... and get a multi vitamin(dont know if i spelt that right.. shit im dumb)
jdubs
11/6/07 5:56:32PM
u can get way better responses and advice on this sort of thing at bodybuilding.com........ it is an amazing site for dealing with questions like yours
jgordon85
11/7/07 2:19:36AM
ok thanks.
hippysmacker
11/7/07 4:01:13AM
A joint fuel and a glutamine are essential to hard training IMO. Other than that eat a lot of lean proteins, raw fruits & veggies, and drink at least 1 gallon of water per 100 pounds of body weight.
jgordon85
11/7/07 11:57:09PM

Posted by hippysmacker

A joint fuel and a glutamine are essential to hard training IMO. Other than that eat a lot of lean proteins, raw fruits & veggies, and drink at least 1 gallon of water per 100 pounds of body weight.

thats a lot of water. i will be going to the bathroom every 30min.
madmarck
11/8/07 12:01:03PM
water is really good. I find if i am over hydrated i tend to be much more engertic.
Water is really the best thing to have during and before a workout.

But pre workout i take
1 Asprin (thins the blodd)
2 ehpdra
1 caffeine pill

Thats my pre workout charge. But you can get the same thing in shakes like is mentioned above.
This thread rocks becasue i just remember to go take my protein!
thepunisher
11/8/07 3:38:14PM

Posted by madmarck

water is really good. I find if i am over hydrated i tend to be much more engertic.

But pre workout i take
2 ehpdra
1 caffeine pill

Sweet Baby jesus you must be wired on that
madmarck
11/9/07 7:07:36AM

Posted by thepunisher

Posted by madmarck

But pre workout i take
2 ehpdra
1 caffeine pill

Sweet Baby jesus you must be wired on that

Well thats not even a big charge.
I have a friend who is smaller than me who used to take 2 caffeine and 4-6 ehpdrine.
He used to sweat like mad. He cut back however because ehpdra and ehpdrine are apparently bad for your heart over a long period of time.

I also go 1 week on the pills and 1 week off. It keeps your body from getting used to it. Also somedays you just dont need the charge you are already pumped so i see no point in using em.

However somedays i need to use em b/c i gotta workout at a certain time otherwise i wont get one in and i need to make it good. Like yesterday i should have took them because i was slumped (not literally). and my chest workout suffered.
TNunley
12/7/07 11:24:55AM

Posted by madmarck

But pre workout i take
2 ehpdra
1 caffeine pill

Thats my pre workout charge. But you can get the same thing in shakes like is mentioned above.
This thread rocks becasue i just remember to go take my protein!

Yeah, ephedra is outlawed here in the states... especially ephedra/aspirin/caffeine combination.

Sounds to me like a good supplement to take is Xyience Joint care products. Appearantly they contain steroids.
candynuts
12/7/07 1:02:53PM

Posted by Djbb

A good friend of mine used to take NO-Xplode before he hit the gym. He claimed he felt like he good do a million pushups.

That stuff works really well. Recovery time is very quick.

I also take a bunch of different vitamin supplements (Flax Seed's, Coral Calcium, BCAA's)
Glutamine works real good to.. but for sometimes I get some stomach discomfort after I have taken it. (I first thought it was because I was taking 10g 2 times per day, so I lowered it to 5g 2 times per day and every 3rd or 4th day I had stomach discomfort).
Another supplement I used that worked really well in recovery was a supplement called Endurox, 30 day supply runs about $15.
This was one of the best supplements I took throughout my training in high school.