Superman on the rise???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Superman on the rise???
BustedKnuckle
8/13/10 8:15:06PM
When the UFC first brought back Dennis "Superman" Hallman, I thought it was an odd move to say the least!!?? But he has turnded me into a fan. His first fight he was winning until Doomsday ended the fight with 5 secs left in the 3rd rnd. And then beating young and tough Saunders, where does he go. He is a very seasoned fighter and I am very interested to see who Joe Silva throws at him next!!?? I geuss my ? is Does Hallman have enought to make a deep run into the WW division or will he remain a gatekeeper??
DosBox
8/13/10 8:44:51PM
Well, he has had favorable matchmaking (even though he has been a huge underdog) facing two guys back to back that have abysmal defensive wrestling. If I remember correctly he was only signed so that Strikeforce couldnt get/keep him.

That being said it continues to depend on the matchmaking. If he faces anyone with a sprawl, he'll be in trouble, and I dont like his chances against anybody in the WW division if he cant take them down. With a wrestler heavy division, that means I dont like his chances.

I mean, I think he could beat Matt Brown, Mike Guymon, DaMarques Johnson.... the best guy I think he could beat is Dan Hardy and thats still stretching it a bit.

Hendricks, Story, Brenneman, et any other wrestler, he doesnt win.
I think he loses to Almeida, Swick, Thiago, Kampmann, et any other top caliber fighter.

Wallass
8/13/10 10:40:50PM
Both of you guys are right. With Hughes wanting only occasional fights I'd like to see them go at it again. When I heard the UFC signed Hallman I didnt expect him to last but sure enough the guy has still got some good wrestling and very much someone who could be a spoiler in the division.
jae_1833
8/14/10 3:03:36PM
I thought at the time that he had been signed by the UFC specifically for Matt Hughes to get a victory on. I still think they should put on that fight, especially if Hallman wins another one or two.
prozacnation1978
8/14/10 8:02:55PM
With hughes and hallman winning I can not see hughes turning down a third fight
With hallman. It will happen. I think hughes is done for the year
I would either say superbowl weekend of earliest. Dec 11th card
BustedKnuckle
8/14/10 10:39:39PM
Yeah I see Matt wanting to avenge his losses to Hallman for sure. And they are about at the same level in the WW division right now. Maybe a bit of a step down for Matt but I am certain he would take the fight! Seems like a good match-up for sure. But what if Hallman pulls off another sub!?!?!? Boy that would be a nail in Hughes coffin!
jae_1833
8/15/10 12:34:10PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Yeah I see Matt wanting to avenge his losses to Hallman for sure. And they are about at the same level in the WW division right now. Maybe a bit of a step down for Matt but I am certain he would take the fight! Seems like a good match-up for sure. But what if Hallman pulls off another sub!?!?!? Boy that would be a nail in Hughes coffin!

That would be so epic! I really like Hughes but for any elite fighter to have 3 losses in 3 matches to the same virtually unknown would be awesome!
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/16/10 8:51:45AM
I thought for sure that Killa B would have his way with hallman like for real i had no doubt in my mind. Was surprised with what he did to Ben and totally respect and reconize that he could be very well be on the verge of a comeback. Personally though, i dont think he is. It's clear that Killa B still has major td defense issues and that he needs to work on his ground game asap. Give "Superman" a truly established fighter who knows how to defend tds and then see what happens.