Superhero/Villain Tournament

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Superhero/Villain Tournament
« Previous Page
Pookie
10/23/11 7:04:23AM
Styles make match-ups.

The Green Lantern for instance, has a tremendous track record against Superman. He just has his number, but i wouldnt take the Green Lantern over Iron Man. Ever. You can't imagine weapons fast or long enough to win against Iron Man at range, regardless of will power. And Wolverine would kill Iron Man without a scratch. But i doubt Wolverine could take superman.

Styles make match-ups. I think the overall winner will be decided based upon the match-ups each fighter gets.

Except Goku. Goku's willpower and compassion feed his strength and resilience to Anime's utmost capacity. You cannot beat him unless he wants someone else to beat you instead. In which case he'll die, for their personal growth. He treats everyone in the world better than he treats himself, and thus he is perfectly fit to be the world's protector. This little Jesus like quality of Goku's causes the universe to conspire in his favor.
mrsmiley
10/23/11 2:00:16PM

Posted by Pookie

Styles make match-ups.

The Green Lantern for instance, has a tremendous track record against Superman. He just has his number, but i wouldnt take the Green Lantern over Iron Man. Ever. You can't imagine weapons fast or long enough to win against Iron Man at range, regardless of will power. And Wolverine would kill Iron Man without a scratch. But i doubt Wolverine could take superman.

Styles make match-ups. I think the overall winner will be decided based upon the match-ups each fighter gets.

Except Goku. Goku's willpower and compassion feed his strength and resilience to Anime's utmost capacity. You cannot beat him unless he wants someone else to beat you instead. In which case he'll die, for their personal growth. He treats everyone in the world better than he treats himself, and thus he is perfectly fit to be the world's protector. This little Jesus like quality of Goku's causes the universe to conspire in his favor.

Goku would be a hard one to beat but it would depend on who ends up on the other two slots as well. In an all out fight against a full powered phoenix I'm choosing phoenix every time. Granted if Phoenix was at full force. This will also depend on which version of Goku is decided upon. I guess at the end of GT he's at his most powerful but their's also some errors in some of the episodes,at least to me. Based on the bracket so far and from what I know of each character I think this is how it goes down with Goku against each one.

1. Goku vs Superman. . The same Supes who was shown comedicaly not sneezing because all would be erased if he did?. Goku's got the martial arts training but all his powerful blast take enourmous amounts of energy and time to launch. If he has Kryptonite this is a no brainer but without it it's a close fight,if not one he loses. Supes can travel pretty easily through space as well,which even at the end of GT i'm not sure Goku could. Their's a lot of open interpertations i've seen of Goku's power based on the end of Gt. If it's superman prime though I think it's a win for superman.

2. Wolverine vs Goku. I'm going with Goku though with the way they so inconsistantly write Wolverine I don't even know all the powers he has now. Last I herd he went to hell and gained immortality or something. Just on paper i'm giving this easily to Goku though stranger things of happen. Like Wolverine taking out Lobo.

3. Goku vs Doomsday. Don't know much about DD to be honest other than the fact he was used as a marketing gimmick to kill Superman which lasted I think a year or less.

4. Goku vs Batman. Going with Goku allday. Batman has taken Superman before but in one issue if I remember correctly Batman even admitted he knew Supes had never went full force against him. Goku doesn't have an obvious weakness like Superman either. So i'm going with Goku.

5. Goku vs Thor. I guess this depends on which version of Thor where going with but i'm saying Goku after a pretty hard fought battle.

6. Lex Luthor vs Goku. Goku.

7. Goku vs Joker. Goku

8. Captain America vs Goku. Going with Goku though Captain America did out will Dr.Doom even with the power of the beyonder which was crazy.

9. Goku vs Magneto. Most likely Goku though Magneto could certainly outsmart him long enough to cause lots of trouble. I know Magneto has even used his power to create wormholes through space and such. Sheer power goes to Goku but Magneto is certainly the smarter of the two.

10. He-man vs Goku. Don't even really know.

11. Hulk vs Goku. Going pretty much with Goku on this. If it was world war Hulk or Rulk this would be really interesting though.

12. Iron Man vs Goku. Going with Goku,unless of course Stark has enough prep time to pull out a Dr.Gero and amp his suit to a ridiculous power level.

13. Spider man vs Goku. Not much of a fight here unless where using Cosmic Spiderman. Even then i'm not sure.

So out of this list with the versions of each character where using I think Supes is the only one that can really beat Goku and even then their are lost of variables to consider that sway it in the favor of either character. To even up the list you would have to add Surfer or Doom I think.
Pages: 1 [2]