"Superbowl of MMA": What should they fight in?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » "Superbowl of MMA": What should they fight in?
POLL: Superbowl of mma should be fought in...
...a Ring 10% (3)
...the octagon 65% (20)
...something unique used only for that event 26% (8)
tomp6581
5/22/07 6:22:30PM
Now the rules have been unified, the only question remains is:
In this "superbowl", should fighters fight in a ring or octagon?
nubby
5/22/07 6:23:29PM
The octagon now that all the talent is there.
loller90278
5/22/07 6:52:11PM
it's going be one year in a ring and the othe year in the octagon
Northrend
5/22/07 6:53:57PM
I voted for ring because I like it more but what would be fair would be a new invention that is totally different so no one has an advantage.
nubby
5/22/07 7:13:03PM

Posted by Northrend

I voted for ring because I like it more but what would be fair would be a new invention that is totally different so no one has an advantage.

Like blood sport.
JimiMak
5/22/07 7:22:09PM
I didn't vote. because my vote would be for either the ring or open mat. but I thought we all knew, it's gonna be in the cage.
JimiMak
5/22/07 7:26:19PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by Northrend

Like blood sport.

Sorry, but please don't equate the open mat to Bloodsport. It's like when ppl equate UFC to that cage wrestling movie. The open mat is the best answer, imo, but non-negotiable. Cage is the parent company's thing. Unless PRIDE blows up w/o "the best" fighters. It's the cage for at least several years.
hughesfan1
5/22/07 7:37:53PM
CAGE CAGE CAGE No ref breakups for being in the ropes. Need I say more.
JimiMak
5/22/07 7:49:57PM

Posted by hughesfan1

CAGE CAGE CAGE No ref breakups for being in the ropes. Need I say more.

THE CAGE IS A WEAPON! need I say more. both arguments are valid, and both are ridiculous. If you see the flaws in one and not the other, I'm sorry. I prefer ref stops to having a guy bloodied pinned against a cage where he can't get away. You're taking skill out of the gnp factor. I like both, but don't say one sucks, cuz I can make just as many arguments why the other sucks.
tomp6581
5/22/07 8:00:40PM
Personally, I would prefer the octagon with ref stoppages when a fighter is pinned against the fence after a certain amount of time.....remember, the UFC do not allow gi's "as they can be unfairly used as a weapon"........err hello!!....THE FENCE!!! Although it is not ideal, i think breaking up the two opponents is the best solution. Im sure others will disagree....
bayonetxwork
5/22/07 8:08:37PM
something which incorporates aspects of both of them.

Half ring, half cage
nubby
5/22/07 8:11:11PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

something which incorporates aspects of both of them.

Half ring, half cage

Gaytastic!!!
Ultimate_fighter
5/23/07 12:48:09AM
This has been made before... they said its gonna be cage one year then ring other,but cage only would be better... nothing is better when 2 guys step into a cage and beat the piss out of eachother, anyone else?
keith-hackney1
5/23/07 11:55:35AM
How about a ring with steel cage around it, that way its half and half.

JBatch
5/23/07 1:14:04PM
I would bet it will be held in an octagon every year. The UFC is taking over as the big gun in MMA and they will 1) Cater to thier fighters strengths and 2) Want everything to remind you of a UFC promotion when you watch. SO cage from now on.
BadSanta
5/23/07 2:15:46PM
I'm still promoting my Octagon with plexiglass idea. I think it is the future of MMA!
peds31
5/23/07 3:40:33PM
The Octagon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tomp6581
5/24/07 6:56:24AM

Posted by BadSanta

I'm still promoting my Octagon with plexiglass idea. I think it is the future of MMA!

100% agree. That would be a great solution
kerazzle
5/25/07 5:11:19AM
screw both, go for the ring of fire. its much cheaper, all u need is a bottle of cheap scotch adn a match.
charlieizu
5/25/07 3:21:29PM
the old style vale tudo rings with a net on the bottom section of it