MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » SUPERBOWL 43
Next Page »
chuckw94
1/19/09 6:31:05PM
who do you have winning?

my pick is the arizona cardinals.
Bowen50
1/19/09 6:33:47PM
Steelers by at least 10 points if not more. that defense it too good. Harrison and Woodley are going to be in Warners face all day long.
chuckw94
1/19/09 6:37:08PM
on most days i would agree with that, but the cards are hot right now. fitzgerald looks unstoppable.
D0wnUnd6e6r
1/19/09 6:45:32PM
CARDS FTW
postman
1/19/09 6:52:01PM
Reminds me of Pittsburgh Dallas earlier this season......So the STEELERS 24 14!!!!
sparky
1/19/09 6:52:22PM
Its all about the Arizona Cardinals this year baby.
postman
1/19/09 6:53:09PM

Posted by chuckw94

on most days i would agree with that, but the cards are hot right now. fitzgerald looks unstoppable.

Wait till Clark Pops him.
DCRage
1/19/09 7:04:24PM
I want Arizona to win because Pittsburgh beat Baltimore, but I'm picking Pittsburgh.
Jackelope
1/19/09 7:46:30PM
I've got a huge vested interest in the Cardinals being that I'm from Arizona- but that aside I think this will be a fantastic game. Offense vs. Defense matchup here. As someone said before usually defense wins that battle, but we'll see.

The big problem is that the Cardinals present a deep threat, and the Steelers' corners aren't that great. Sure, they have fantastic linebackers and great safeties, but if they blitz those linebackers and let Boldin get underneath the safeties and Fitzgerald past the safeties they're going to find themselves in trouble. The cards' offensive line has been red hot in the past two games, and I'd expect that to get even better with 2 weeks rest, so the pass protection will be there for Warner.

Another thing the Cards have going for them is the coaching factor. Not only does Whisenhunt know the Steelers from being with them for so long, but he's a difficult coach to predict and plan against because you never know when he's going to bomb a flea flicker pass to Fitzgerald in the 2nd quarter

On the steelers side (a team I'm actually a fan of) they play conservative and tough football. Palomalu (sp?) is a helluva player, and with him on QB spy you can really shut down the 5-15 yard passing game as we saw against the Ravens. Then again, Kurt Warner is no rookie and he shouldn't make the same telegraphing mistakes Flacco did. Can the Steelers' D-Line beat up on the Cardinals O-line and shut down the passing game? If they can they'll easily take this game. We already know the Cards' running game can be shut down, and I'd expect the Steelers to do that with relative ease.

I don't like to predict scores, but I can sure as hell tell you that even with a vested interest this is a very difficult game to predict. On one offensive side you have tough yard by yard conservative football vs. gun slinging deep threat football on the other. Defensively I think the game hands down goes to the Steelers. So we'll see.
RampageOwnedYou
1/19/09 7:54:36PM
Well since my prediction went out the window 1st round for the most part. I am going with Arizona. AS Much as I cant believe im saying it, but they do have the better team now. Pittsburgh anyday could beat the Cards. But with the way Arizona and Warner are playing, your going to have to put up 30 plus points to compete with them, and I dont see Steelers doing it.
Twenty20Dollars
1/19/09 7:54:39PM
24-20 CARDS!
Khaos
1/19/09 7:57:51PM
Steelers(gotta pick the home town team)
mkiv9secsupra
1/19/09 10:00:16PM
Arizona is here because of rookie mistakes from the other teams they faced.

Matt ryan threw to a receiver he stared down from the snap = easy int. And the winning td came off of a fumble from a d lineman not even being touched.
Jake delhomme threw 5 ints!!! And another fumble! If that isn't choking under pressure then I don't know what is.
Phili didn't even show up the first half. And they also showed that if you shut down fitzgerald then their offense can't function and flow.

Troy Polamalu is going to limit the touches for fitzgerald and boldin isn't much of a threat at this point. Then with James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley coming at Warner itll be a tough day for arizona.
Drudinh
1/20/09 1:25:23AM
Arizona
The_Metal_Maniac
1/20/09 6:20:19AM
The hot choice to pick is the Cardinals because they have been hot, and their the underdog. However consistency over a hot streak in this one. Pittsburgh Steelers first to six. Dick Lebeau with two weeks to game plan for an offense should be an easy choice. Possibly the two weeks will off will get Arizona out of there rhythm and playing like they did mid season.

postman
1/20/09 9:00:17AM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

Well since my prediction went out the window 1st round for the most part. I am going with Arizona. AS Much as I cant believe im saying it, but they do have the better team now. Pittsburgh anyday could beat the Cards. But with the way Arizona and Warner are playing, your going to have to put up 30 plus points to compete with them, and I dont see Steelers doing it.

You do relize that the Titans are the only team to put up more then 30 on the steelers right?
casey64
1/20/09 9:45:43AM
Cards by a touchdown.
cowcatcher
1/20/09 9:56:30AM
im still holding out hope that a little known rule thats been overlooked somehow puts the packers into the game, but if not ive got to say the steelers will win. id much rather see the underdogs go in there and pull off the shocker, but i just dont see it happening.
postman
1/20/09 12:18:19PM
I hope the league dose something with all the holding of James Harrison. The last few weeks it has happened on almost every play and has yet to be called. Not his fault you can't stop him lets enforce the rules.
hippysmacker
1/20/09 4:19:45PM
I'm gonna guess Pittsburgh 31-23
higdon10
1/20/09 4:35:10PM
Pittsburgh by 13
pv3Hpv3p
1/20/09 5:49:35PM
Seems like a lot of you fellas are sippin on the AZ Kool-aid... What's up with that??? Ya, they're the sexy pick right now, but Pitt hasn't gotten any of the credit it was due this year... Even going into the Raven's game, everyone talked about how badass the Baltimore D was... Who are you kidding? No one wants to talk about the Steelers defense except for Steelers fans, because we know just how good this D is... Almost the first team since the merger to top the list in all 3 big defensive categories, and going into this game I gotta listen to my buddies tell me about what Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are going to do to my boys... LOL... It was a smash mouth game, but I think we all know who came out on top... Not only scorewise, but also putting guys back on their asses and making them think twice about standing up to a defense like this...

With all that being said, I'll take Arizona 35-21...

Just kidding... Steelers in a superbowl shutout... 20 - 0
NeaRMisS
1/20/09 7:57:54PM
Hmm high point AZ vs #1 D. D wins Superbowl I am going with the D. Pittsburgh by 10
Jackelope
1/20/09 9:58:06PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Seems like a lot of you fellas are sippin on the AZ Kool-aid... What's up with that??? Ya, they're the sexy pick right now, but Pitt hasn't gotten any of the credit it was due this year... Even going into the Raven's game, everyone talked about how badass the Baltimore D was... Who are you kidding? No one wants to talk about the Steelers defense except for Steelers fans, because we know just how good this D is... Almost the first team since the merger to top the list in all 3 big defensive categories, and going into this game I gotta listen to my buddies tell me about what Ed Reed and Ray Lewis are going to do to my boys... LOL... It was a smash mouth game, but I think we all know who came out on top... Not only scorewise, but also putting guys back on their asses and making them think twice about standing up to a defense like this...

With all that being said, I'll take Arizona 35-21...

Just kidding... Steelers in a superbowl shutout... 20 - 0

I actually agree with this. Consistency is the key here, and while of course I'm rooting for my home town boys they haven't exactly been consistent. One thing the Steelers do is play good tough yard by yard games with unbelievable consistency. That is how they've been such a competitor in the last 10 years IMO.

bls1919
1/20/09 11:02:23PM
I see Kurt Warner throwing 2 picks and the Steelers Gliding to a 21-13 win on fast Willies legs. WAR STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kind of like when they beat the Seahawks.....??????????
Ordep
1/27/09 9:52:37PM
I think the Cardinals will end up like the Tampa Bay Rays after their great post-season run.

so... Steelers.
2 TD Ben to Hines
1 int. return to the red zone by Palo

P.S. Just taking the playoffs factor. Tampa was in a more competitive division compared to the Cardinals, and their reg. season record was much better (relatively comparing MLB-NFL)
roadking95th
1/29/09 10:56:18PM
I need to do more research. Once I figure out who the refs are, I can make my pick. If it's the same refs as the Seattle Superbowl, Steelers all the way
breakdown5
1/29/09 11:31:39PM
I like the Steelers by UD.
jiujitsufreak74
1/29/09 11:40:27PM
the only thing that worries me is how good the Cardinals D has been playing. the Steelers O isn't exactly the best offense out there and if the Cardinals can nullify the Steelers attack, i'm sure Kurt Warner can pull a few miracles and throw a TD here and there. i'm still going with the Steelers because D wins championships, but the way the Cardinals D has been playing is making me really rethink my pick.
Wolfenstein
1/29/09 11:55:37PM
I put $50 on the Steelers at the beginning of the Playoffs so I've got 300 smackeroos coming to me that say the Steelers take it.

I think the Steelers are too physical for the Cards. With Troy in the secondary I just don't see the Cards being able to avoid turnovers, and make consistent completions.

Only way the Cards take it, is if they can run up an early few scores and keep the Steelers from playing smash-mouth football and controlling the clock.

Probably can't keep Fitz locked up all game so I'll guess...28-10 Steelers.
Pages: [1] 2