Super Fight League 2 streams Saturday on YouTube, Duffee vs. Grove headlines

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Super Fight League 2 streams Saturday on YouTube, Duffee vs. Grove headlines
sparky
4/4/12 10:00:06AM
The lineup is set for Saturday's Super Fight League 2 event, which streams live on YouTube from Chandigarh, India, beginning at 9:15 a.m. ET (6:15 a.m. PT).

As previously announced, the event features a heavyweight headliner between former UFC fighter Todd Duffee (6-2) and recent Bellator tourney finalist Neil Grove (11-5-1).

Other featured bouts include lightweights Paul Kelly (12-4) vs. Ryan Healy (19-10-1) and middleweights Alexander Shlemenko (44-7) vs. Ikuhisa "Minowaman" Minowa (52-33-8).

Duffee fights for the first time since a quick December 2010 loss to Alistair Overeem for DREAM's vacant heavyweight title. It followed the first defeat of his career, which came to Mike Russow at UFC 114 and ultimately led to his release from the promotion. He now takes on Grove, who's fought his past six fights in Bellator with a 3-3 record. He's currently in a 1-3 skid that included a season-three tournament-finale loss to now-champ Cole Konrad.

SFL, an Indian-based organization that bills itself as the country's first MMA promotion, recently announced a three-year streaming deal with YouTube. All of the shows will be available free, including this past month's debut, which saw James Thompson defeat fellow super heavyweight Bob Sapp in the main event.

Link
grappler0000
4/4/12 10:22:22AM

Every time I hear Super Fight League, I can't help but think of the Super Friends.
machodog76
4/4/12 5:34:57PM
Sweet! More saturday morning MMA, I just need some Captian Crunch and a blanket fort in my living room!