UFC Super Bowl

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC Super Bowl
Naturaldisaster
9/5/07 9:37:00AM
I was sittin here at school bored and started thinkin about the UFC superbowl that they are supposed to have. and I think this would be the perfect card.

Main Card
Randy Couture/Fedor Emelianenko
Chuck Liddell/Mauricio Rua
Wanderlai Silva/Rampage Jackson III
Andrei Arlovski/Mirko Cro Cop
Georges St. Pierre/Jon Fitch
Anderson Silva/Patrick Cote

Prelims
Rich Franklin/Terry Martin
Michael Bisping/Forrest Griffin
Din Thomas/Roger Huerta
Houston Alexander/Stephan Bonnar
LightsOut33093
9/5/07 11:30:55AM
i wood love to see couture verse fedor

i wood rather see shogun fight rampage

i wood rather see crocop fight big nog

i wood rather see GSP verse penn or hughes

i wood rather see anyone but cote fight silva

i woodnt even wanna see franklin or martin

bisping verse griffin wood be a good fight

din thomas and huerta are both jokes

houston alexander is gunna lose to sakara, so he doesnt deserve it and stephan bonnar is pretty good
DJDark41
9/5/07 11:31:23AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

I was sittin here at school bored and started thinkin about the UFC superbowl that they are supposed to have. and I think this would be the perfect card.

Main Card

Prelims
Din Thomas/Roger Huerta

Why? Arlovski vs CroCop?! GSP vs FITCH?! ANDERSON SILVA/PATRICK COTE?!?! Your nuts. I'm not sure what you think "the perfect card" is but I don't think this is it. Most of those fights would be murder and a half.
AchillesHeel
9/5/07 12:11:04PM

Posted by DJDark41

Most of those fights would be murder and a half.

Some of them would be, yeah.

The first three look good to me. Emelianenko-Couture would blow the roof off, although it seems like it needs to happen sooner rather than later. I'm not holding my breath. Liddell-Rua and Silva-Jackson are fights we could actually see in the next 8 or 9 months. I think Arlovski-Cro Cop could be pretty good, provided both guys came to play, which might be too much to hope for. Thomas-Huerta is an interesting matchup, as is Alexander-Bonnar, and I wouldn't be shocked to see either matchup in the next year.

I don't think Fitch, Cote, Martin or Bisping have any business being in the Octagon with GSP, Silva, Franklin, or Griffin right now. Fitch and Bisping could/should become contenders. I don't know about Cote or Martin. They both benefit from the lack of elite fighters at 185, but that could change.
Naturaldisaster
9/5/07 12:27:00PM

Posted by DJDark41

Main Card

Prelims
Din Thomas/Roger Huerta

Why? Arlovski vs CroCop?! GSP vs FITCH?! ANDERSON SILVA/PATRICK COTE?!?! Your nuts. I'm not sure what you think "the perfect card" is but I don't think this is it. Most of those fights would be murder and a half.

Din thomas is on a 5 fight win streak. and Huerta is undefeated in ufc. I don't see how they are jokes. Arlovski and cro cop are 2 of the best hw so they should fight anyway. GSP and Fitch would be an explosive fight, and would be entertaining as hell.
Naturaldisaster
9/5/07 12:30:08PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by DJDark41

Most of those fights would be murder and a half.

Some of them would be, yeah.

The first three look good to me. Emelianenko-Couture would blow the roof off, although it seems like it needs to happen sooner rather than later. I'm not holding my breath. Liddell-Rua and Silva-Jackson are fights we could actually see in the next 8 or 9 months. I think Arlovski-Cro Cop could be pretty good, provided both guys came to play, which might be too much to hope for. Thomas-Huerta is an interesting matchup, as is Alexander-Bonnar, and I wouldn't be shocked to see either matchup in the next year.

I don't think Fitch, Cote, Martin or Bisping have any business being in the Octagon with GSP, Silva, Franklin, or Griffin right now. Fitch and Bisping could/should become contenders. I don't know about Cote or Martin. They both benefit from the lack of elite fighters at 185, but that could change.

I understand what you mean about fitch, cote, martin, and bisping. I hate bisping but him and forrest would have an ok fight. and I put martin/franklin on there because Martin says franklin has been ducking him and is scared to fight him. SO i thought that that would be a good "bad Blood" type fight.
DJDark41
9/5/07 12:47:33PM

Din thomas is on a 5 fight win streak. and Huerta is undefeated in ufc. I don't see how they are jokes. Arlovski and cro cop are 2 of the best hw so they should fight anyway. GSP and Fitch would be an explosive fight, and would be entertaining as hell.

Actually, Thomas is on a 3 fight win streak, and he's beat 2 nobodies and the over-hype machine that is Clay Guida. And as soon as he fought an opponent that could even be considered a "challenge" he couldn't even finish him(referring to Clay Guida.) I know Huerta is undefeated in the UFC, but that is because they keep giving him easy opponents. His last fight looked more like a hugging contest to me. Until Thomas/Huerta fight/beat someone good, I think they are both jokes. Huerta has the potential to be good, he just needs to prove it. As for CroCop/Arlovski...That would be a good fight, but I'm sure there are better matchups. GSP and Fitch, like I said, would be murder and a half. GSP is just too good. I'm not sure how a guy like Fitch or Thomas even gets tossed in the thinking pool while coming up with an MMA Superbowl card.
HulkRage
9/5/07 1:28:32PM
Randy vs Fedor
Big Nog vs Barnett III
Arlovski vs CC
Shogun vs Rampage II
Chuck vs Wandy
GSP vs Sanchez
Hughes vs Fitch
A. Silva vs Okami II or Franklin II
Bisping vs Bonner
AchillesHeel
9/5/07 2:05:27PM
iirc, the original idea of the "Super Bowl of MMA" was to pit UFC and Pride fighters against each other. Obviously, that won't work now.

Since Pride is dead, we could change that to pit UFC fighters against fighters from other organizations...

Randy Couture vs. Josh Barnett
Mirko Cro Cop vs. Fedor Emelianenko II
Rampage Jackson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Anderson Silva vs. Matt Lindland
Georges St. Pierre vs. Jake Shields
Matt Hughes vs. Shinya Aoki
B.J. Penn vs. Takanori Gomi II
Sean Sherk vs. Vitor "Shaolin" Ribiero
Urijah Faber vs. Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto

And since these would all be sort of exhibition matches anyway, how about Tim Sylvia vs. Mark Hunt at super-heavyweight?
mkiv9secsupra
9/5/07 4:25:00PM
You guys hate on AA way too much. AA vs CC would be a great match.....the whole 30 seconds it would last. Either AA is going to use his hand speed to get a big shot in(AA/Sylvia 1 and 2) or hes going to miss and get countered with the left straight from CC. And if it goes to the ground then we ALL know who wins there....
Jackelope
9/5/07 4:59:38PM

Main Card

Prelims
Din Thomas/Roger Huerta

I'd rather see-

Randy Couture/Fedor Emelianenko is fine for HW title

Chuck Liddell/Shogun Rua should be Shogun vs. Henderson for LHW title (assuming Hendo wins it from Rampage)

Chuck Liddell/Wanderlei Silva <--- it's needed to happen for a while and what better time than a "super bowl" event?

Big Nog vs. Gabriel Gonzaga <--- need to see just how good Gonzaga's JJ is.

Crocop vs. Tim Sylvia <--- purely for the highlight reel KO

GSP vs. Hughes III <--- self explanatory

Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin II <--- luckily we're going to get to see this one anyway coming up soon.

Roger Huerta vs. Absolutely anyone who is anywhere even close to a competitor so we can finally stop having to watch this guy fight.

Bisping vs. Forrest would actually be a good fight, IMO. Forrest would KO Bisping, but they'd slug it out pretty good first.

Joe Daddy vs. Hermes Franca would be an awesome fight, too.
NatedawgThaM
9/5/07 6:08:02PM
AA has a glass chin and CC would mess him up....

Main Card...

Fedor vs. Randy<- Want CC to fight Fedor more but he needs to start winning again!!!!
Rampage vs. Shogun I2<- All out Brawl
Wandy vs. Chuck Liddel<- Highlight reel KO
GSP vs. Matt Highes 3<-Since Matt is bakc to his GNP dominant ways
Diego Sanchez vs. Nick Diaz 2<- First match was great!!!
Cro Cop vs. Pedro Rizzo
Gabriel Gonzaga vs. BIg NOg

Prelims...

Kevin Randleman vs. Tito Ortiz<-Kevins explosiveness will make be a bad matchup for Tito!
BJ Penn vs. Kid
Kos vs. Jon Fitch

loonytnt
9/5/07 6:12:47PM
i think if it was the UFC super bowl all the belts would need to be on the line
Naturaldisaster
9/5/07 6:14:32PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Main Card...

Fedor vs. Randy<- Want CC to fight Fedor more but he needs to start winning again!!!!
Cro Cop vs. Pedro Rizzo

Prelims...

Kevin Randleman vs. Tito Ortiz<-Kevins explosiveness will make be a bad matchup for Tito!
BJ Penn vs. Kid
Kos vs. Jon Fitch

Im sorry but I don't ever want to see pedro rizzo fight in the octagon ever again. and I don't wanna see Gonzaga or randleman on there either
Naturaldisaster
9/5/07 6:16:07PM

Posted by loonytnt

i think if it was the UFC super bowl all the belts would need to be on the line

if they did that then none of the titles would be able to be defended for a couple monthes. and UFC isn't gonna go 3 or 4 pay per views with no title fights
NatedawgThaM
9/5/07 6:28:12PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Main Card...

Cro Cop vs. Pedro Rizzo

Prelims...

BJ Penn vs. Kid
Kos vs. Jon Fitch

Im sorry but I don't ever want to see pedro rizzo fight in the octagon ever again. and I don't wanna see Gonzaga or randleman on there either

There way better then Din Thomas, Terry Martin & Rich franklin being on any card....

Pedro Rizzo is a brawler which is exciting and the fans love it and he has dangerous leg kicks and he just got a win over Jeff Monson at the last Art of War doesent that mean something?

Kevin Randlemans explosive ass crap and I love the hammerhouse and Explosiveness makes for exciting fights. Thats why everyone loved Tito and now they hate him because he lost explosiveness..

Gonzaga just had a title shot and is a monster but just choked and lost to the better fighter so why is he being hated on?
juanez13
9/5/07 7:34:51PM
randleman is too roided, he would melt the piss cup...
Pitbull09
9/5/07 9:52:08PM
Thats an odd card but creative. Wandy/ Jackson 3 is point less since jackson lost the first 2 fights.

I would like to see:
Fedor v. Couture
Silva v. Henderson
Sherk v. BJ
St. Pierre v. Matt Hughes 3
Naturaldisaster
9/5/07 10:18:39PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Main Card...

Cro Cop vs. Pedro Rizzo

Prelims...

BJ Penn vs. Kid
Kos vs. Jon Fitch

There way better then Din Thomas, Terry Martin & Rich franklin being on any card....

Pedro Rizzo is a brawler which is exciting and the fans love it and he has dangerous leg kicks and he just got a win over Jeff Monson at the last Art of War doesent that mean something?

Kevin Randlemans explosive ass crap and I love the hammerhouse and Explosiveness makes for exciting fights. Thats why everyone loved Tito and now they hate him because he lost explosiveness..

Gonzaga just had a title shot and is a monster but just choked and lost to the better fighter so why is he being hated on?

Well the last time rizzo was in the octagon he was horrible. that fight again Ricco rodriguez was horrible.
I don't really want to see randleman because I don't respect him for being on roids.
and I think gonzaga is a pretty boring fighter. and He didn't choke against randy, he just got his ass kicked. He was outclassed by randy.
pv3Hpv3p
9/6/07 4:48:56PM
I'd be interested in seeing a Hendo / Wand rubber match

I'd also like to see a Diaz / Sanchez rematch

I have always wanted to see a Hughes / Karo fight, and GSP / Penn II

Vera / AA, AleksE / BigTim, Randy / Hunt, CC / Fedor II for HW fights

A.Silva / Kang is the only compelling MW matchup I can think of right now

Why don't we through in a Guida / Melendez and Huerta / Tyson Griffen

Sorry about all the rematches
SpiderSilva
9/6/07 6:12:22PM
Courture/Fedor-wow
thats one hell of a fight right there
CC/Gonzaga the rematch to see if it was a fluk
NOG/Arlovski
Rampage/Shogun2 lets see what page can do when hes not hurt
Iceman/Wandi still want to see it
hell maybe Wandi/Shogun sence there not in the same camp anymore
Silva would beat anyone in MW right now maybe Terry Martin because he throws blows
Hughes,GSP,Penn,Serra(if hes for real),all guys in any order vs whoever of the four would all be great fights

Penn,Stevenson,Kenflo,,Sherk-a-roider same as WWm would all be good fights vs one another
KYGUY07
9/7/07 8:01:02AM
Randy Couture vs Fedor Emelianenko

Matt Hughes vs Josh koscheck

Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlai Silva

Mirko Cro Cop vs Andrei Arlovski

Anderson Silva vs david Loiseau

Gabriel Gonzaga vs Tim Sylvia

Georgs St. Pierre vs Karo Parisyan

Rampage vs Shogun

BJ Penn vs Hayato Sakurai
Violence108
9/7/07 2:44:22PM
main card

Randy Coutre vs Fedro E
Cro Cop vs Branden Vera
GSP vs Karo P ||
Chuck L vs Wanderlai Silva
Dan Henderson vs Anderson Silva

under card

Martin Kapman vs Rich F. ||

Sean Sherk vs Matt Hughes || (catchweight)

Roger Huerta vs Spenser Fisher (spelling??)

Michael Bisping vs Rasrad Evans
KYGUY07
9/7/07 4:37:20PM

Posted by Violence108

main card

Randy Coutre vs Fedro E
Cro Cop vs Branden Vera
GSP vs Karo P ||

under card

well i think franklin would kill kampmann, and i dont care to see fisher vs huerta, or evans vs bisping
Naturaldisaster
9/7/07 5:51:43PM

Posted by Violence108

main card

Randy Coutre vs Fedro E
Cro Cop vs Branden Vera
GSP vs Karo P ||

under card

why would hughes/sherk fight at catchweight? that is 175 pounds. wouldn't it make more sense to fight somewhere in between 155 and 170? seeing as sherk fights at 155 and hughes fights at 170?
Violence108
9/7/07 5:54:12PM
u may not but i do, and whatever sean and matt should meet at o163 and fight again sean is so much better now and i think he will destroy hughes
Naturaldisaster
9/7/07 6:43:58PM

Posted by Violence108

u may not but i do, and whatever sean and matt should meet at o163 and fight again sean is so much better now and i think he will destroy hughes

I don't want to see them fight at catchweight because sherk is better as a lightweight and I don't wanna see him fighting at 175. but I agree they could meet at 163 or so.