Suggestion

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Suggestion
jjeans
5/24/11 9:36:55AM
I've been a fan of the website for a while but recently I've had less time to be on my laptop etc. Fortunatley I am in possesion of an iPhone which means i am able to read posts but I am never able to reply to posts made on the needs feed or forums.

My issue is that I am able to create new topics and reply to post's in my fight camp but yet I am unable to reply or create a topic in the main forum or send private messages.

I am wondering whether this is an error that just I have or whether other people have tried. Or even if you guys have considered making an app. I'm a premium member so I know I for one would be willing to pay for it. Or whether the site could go mobile in some way.

I'm also wondering if this would promote the site as there are more ways to access the site.

If not at least I brought it up! Sorry to be a nuisance
emfleek
5/24/11 10:04:50AM

Posted by jjeans

If not at least I brought it up! Sorry to be a nuisance

Suggestions and ideas are never a nuisance.

As for the suggestion itself...I have no idea if it's possible or not. If I had to guess, I would say probably not given the limited budget the site operates on.
bojangalz
5/24/11 2:51:38PM
jjeans- I know a guy who can help you with this problem.

hippysmacker
5/29/11 12:18:11AM
I do stuff on here from my phone all the time , so I don't know what to say.
jjeans
5/29/11 10:08:13AM
Hmm, thats weird. I can't post on forums or make PM's... Oh well
npayant
5/30/11 12:30:04PM
Just tried to reply to this message on my iPhone, and you're right, and error msg popped up. I'll type some of what the error msg says in a bit.
Kpro
5/31/11 1:31:35AM

Posted by jjeans

Hmm, thats weird. I can't post on forums or make PM's... Oh well

Maybe you were banned.

But only when using a mobile device.
npayant
6/1/11 11:26:53AM

Posted by npayant

Just tried to reply to this message on my iPhone, and you're right, and error msg popped up. I'll type some of what the error msg says in a bit.

Ok, tried again and got the same error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collections.
Parameter name: index

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more info about the error and where it originated in the code.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:
<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2. Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

And then there's some more under Stack Trace....too long to type.

Can anyone make sense of any of this? I know I can't.... but this is the message that pops up every time I try to reply in the forums (on my iphone).
hippysmacker
6/16/11 10:49:51PM
The programmers still working on this

To: hippysmacker
Subject: Re: for you

All the badges are up to date. Also, we are looking into the Iphone issue as soon as I have something I'll let you know.

Thanks,
6/16/11 9:33 PM
jjeans
6/30/11 6:33:22PM

Posted by hippysmacker

All the badges are up to date. Also, we are looking into the Iphone issue as soon as I have something I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Thanks Hippysmacker

Everyday that passes the more I want this to be fixed
jjeans
7/23/11 4:30:18PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by hippysmacker

Thanks,

Thanks Hippysmacker

Any news on this?
jjeans
8/17/11 10:11:57AM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by jjeans

Posted by hippysmacker

Thanks,

Thanks Hippysmacker

Any news on this?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index]
System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index) +7487768
System.Collections.Specialized.NameObjectCollectionBase.BaseGet(Int32 index) +13
System.Web.HttpFileCollection.Get(Int32 index) +5
System.Web.HttpFileCollection.get_Item(Int32 index) +4
ASP.forums_process_reply_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +3938
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +256
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +19
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +27
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1266

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3623; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3618

Is what I get... If theres anything I can do to help?
hippysmacker
8/24/11 12:03:14AM
apparently this isnt going away their would have to be an iphone ap for mma playground for it to be fixed.sorry
jjeans
8/24/11 3:48:48PM

Posted by hippysmacker

apparently this isnt going away their would have to be an iphone ap for mma playground for it to be fixed.sorry

And I hear from fleek that this isn't going to be made? How much (just out of pure curiousity) would it cost for an iPhone app to be created? Like if I was willing to donate x ammount?
hippysmacker
8/27/11 12:09:04AM
I have no idea. I will see if I can find out.
jjeans
9/16/11 8:21:30AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I have no idea. I will see if I can find out.

Given it 4/6 weeks, thinking theres no news/quote?
emfleek
9/16/11 9:52:32AM

Posted by jjeans

Given it 4/6 weeks, thinking theres no news/quote?

The wheels are in motion...things are being done...this is on the list of possibilities. No timetable just yet...but it has been brought up and is on "the list".