submissions

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » submissions
disturbed_fighter
2/29/08 3:33:24PM
wats ur fav. submission to pull of on some one?
jomatty
2/29/08 3:52:08PM
brabo w/a gator roll (anaconda is another fav.)

my other favorite would be kata gatame (arm triangle)
jiujitsufreak74
2/29/08 4:52:25PM
my favorite submission to sink in is a calf crush. a lot of people expose their legs when in guard and attempt spider guard in wrong positions or when they are on top, if the post a leg up it is there for the taking. i love leg locks because they are the least expected and the way i can transfer from calf crush, to heel hook to toe hold is just menacing. the only submission i can get on my instructor are leg locks and is a great feeling to catch your instructor off-guard and cause him to tap to such a simple move.

my other favorite is a sort of anaconda choke/guillotine choke. i love anaconda chokes, but i find that sometimes i am not able to draw enough power against much larger opponents or sometimes the roll leaves me in an inopportune spot so it is risky for me to try. to fix this insecurity of mine, instead of rolling my opponent after i get the anaconda lock sinked in, i just walk towards them while arching up. it is the same motion as a guillotine choke only you have the anaconda lock on and you wind up in top position if done right. i like it because imo it is less risky and can be done from the front position which is where a lot of wrestlers end up after a stuffed shot. also, even if you can't get it in tight enough, you can always let go and end up on top where in MMA you can rain down some punishment.

my least favorite submissions are arm locks, just don't like them as much as chokes and foot locks
fedorwins1
2/29/08 6:41:29PM
My highest % submission is arm triangle. I always seem to get it if I have the mount and then I just go to side mount and flatten out to finish it off.
loonytnt
3/1/08 7:37:46AM
arm bar
Omega
3/1/08 6:49:49PM

Posted by disturbed_fighter

wats ur fav. submission to pull of on some one?

The Quasimodo foot lock.
Salty
3/1/08 7:42:46PM
anything that makes the other guy tap
MattHughes
3/1/08 9:26:27PM
I like the triangle the most and get it the most
Ultimate_fighter
3/2/08 4:02:48PM
I love the triangle, RNC, and any footlock, footlocks are so great to put on someone...
seanfu
3/2/08 4:22:49PM
Any of the Achilles locks and Toeholds, I love the calf crush, and of coarse the flying Swickitine. I also love putting armlocks on while riding a Triangle.
disturbed_fighter
3/3/08 11:42:55AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

my favorite submission to sink in is a calf crush. a lot of people expose their legs when in guard and attempt spider guard in wrong positions or when they are on top, if the post a leg up it is there for the taking. i love leg locks because they are the least expected and the way i can transfer from calf crush, to heel hook to toe hold is just menacing. the only submission i can get on my instructor are leg locks and is a great feeling to catch your instructor off-guard and cause him to tap to such a simple move.

my other favorite is a sort of anaconda choke/guillotine choke. i love anaconda chokes, but i find that sometimes i am not able to draw enough power against much larger opponents or sometimes the roll leaves me in an inopportune spot so it is risky for me to try. to fix this insecurity of mine, instead of rolling my opponent after i get the anaconda lock sinked in, i just walk towards them while arching up. it is the same motion as a guillotine choke only you have the anaconda lock on and you wind up in top position if done right. i like it because imo it is less risky and can be done from the front position which is where a lot of wrestlers end up after a stuffed shot. also, even if you can't get it in tight enough, you can always let go and end up on top where in MMA you can rain down some punishment.

my least favorite submissions are arm locks, just don't like them as much as chokes and foot locks

ive ben caught in calf crushess b4 but have never tapped to one even tho they hurt like a bitch
tap_or_snap
3/3/08 1:12:22PM
It has to be somthing exotic like the twister or a gogo from rubber guard, its pretty dificult to get excited about an armbar when you train with any kind of regularity.

For me its not about what sub i pull its about who i slap it on,tapping a guy you have just had an argument with about the value of training with the gi or not is just beautifull.

BTW for anyone who's interested as far as im concerned im in eddie bravos corner, IMHO training with the gi for mma will hold you back not push you foward.
Omega
3/3/08 3:22:00PM

Posted by tap_or_snap

BTW for anyone who's interested as far as im concerned im in eddie bravos corner, IMHO training with the gi for mma will hold you back not push you foward.

I concur.

jiujitsufreak74
3/3/08 3:49:40PM

Posted by disturbed_fighter

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

ive ben caught in calf crushess b4 but have never tapped to one even tho they hurt like a bitch

that's only because you haven't felt one of mine
Vendetta
3/6/08 11:51:27AM
There's nothing quite as satisfying to me as a fully cinched in rear naked choke or a triangle.
HMA123
3/6/08 10:28:07PM
More simplier shit: would be a deep sinked in triangle choke, or an rear naked w/ a body triangle. then once ina while if i can, ill go for some sorta twister
silverbullet
3/11/08 11:55:13PM

Posted by Omega

Posted by tap_or_snap

I concur.

Care to elaborate?
richieb19
3/12/08 12:15:33AM
Hell Choke.