UFC submission aces Rousimar Palhares and Thiago Tavares eye fall returns from injury

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC submission aces Rousimar Palhares and Thiago Tavares eye fall returns from injury
MMAcca
6/26/09 6:44:32PM
UFC submission aces Rousimar Palhares (9-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and Thiago Tavares (14-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) will eye fall returns to action after being forced to withdraw from summer bouts due to injury.

An elbow injury forced Tavares out of his The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale bout with Melvin Guillard, while Palhares had been scheduled to face Alessio Sakara at UFC 101 in August before a broken leg forced the middleweight out of the contest.

Alex Davis, manager for both Palhares and Tavares, today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) both are progressing on schedule in their recoveries and will eye fall bouts in the UFC.

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
6/26/09 10:36:57PM
Palhares can face Ed Herman or Rob Kimmons

Tavared can face Mark Bocek, Jason Dent, Sean Sherk, Joe Stevenson, Tibau
lohmann
6/26/09 11:08:05PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Palhares can face Ed Herman or Rob Kimmons

Tavared can face Mark Bocek, Jason Dent, Sean Sherk, Joe Stevenson, Tibau

I like the idea of Palhares and Herman! That's a solid matchup. Definitely puts one of them into that crazy mix of contenders at the tops. Not sure about Rob Kimmons though. Jumping from the preliminaries of a Fight Night to a fight that will probably be on the televised portion of a pay-per-view is a major step. By the time Palhares fights, it'll be November and that may be a little too long for Herman to wait though. Maybe the winner of Akiyama/Belcher could be ready by then. Definitely looking forward to the tree stump's return.

Hopefully Tavares and Guillard still fight. Probably not at UFC 101, since that's early August.
prozacnation1978
6/27/09 2:39:23AM
glad to see them both back
pinoymixplaya
6/27/09 5:52:57PM
I think good match ups for exciting fights for Palhares would be Okami, Sonnen, Quarry, Cote, Miller, or Kang. I am a fan of Rousimar and can't wait to see him back in the Octagon soon.