What style do you think is the best to defeat Fedor?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » What style do you think is the best to defeat Fedor?
Next Page »
POLL: What style?
Wrestling 11% (5)
Sambo/BJJ/Submission Wrestling 7% (3)
Kickboxing/Muay Thai 18% (8)
A well rounded MMA fighter 30% (13)
Chuck Norris 23% (10)
Haggis!!!! lol 11% (5)
haggiswashere
1/25/09 1:08:29AM
What do you think is ever gonna stop this guy?
TimW001
1/25/09 1:14:14AM
Andrei seemed to do a little better than most. Fujit almost had him with a punch. SO that's why I voted Muay Thai/Kick Boxing/Boxing.
R-Bandd
1/25/09 1:25:38AM
breakdown5
1/25/09 1:30:32AM
Arlovski was doing a great job until he got a little over zealous and came leaping in at Fedor. If he had just kept his cool, he had a shot at the victory. I was thinking that Fedor was gonna rope a dope him when he fell back into the ropes and then AA just jumped face first into Fedor's fist.

But Arlovski showed that a focused striker could take Fedor on the feet. He was definitely winning the first round before he had a mental lapse.
hymiekooken
1/25/09 1:31:22AM
I voted for Chuck Norris. He would defeat Fedor with a double backflip gainer half twisting upside down helicopter kick.
Playground_Samurai
1/25/09 1:33:17AM
I voted wrestling. Although it's possible, I think it's too hard to finish Fedor. I think a strong wrestler with good takedowns, top control, and submission defense would have the best chance at beating fedor. Probably by lay and prey.
Hendo67
1/25/09 1:37:54AM
I have no idea, a grenade? shotgun?...who knows?
warglory
1/25/09 1:41:45AM
Oh come on, you guys are playing up the Fedor mystique WAY too much. Andrei was owning Fedor on the feet for the time they were exchanging. Fedor looked completely razzled. I don't see how you can witness that and then come on here and wonder how someone can beat him. It's called Arlovski vs Fedor II.
tdietel01
1/25/09 10:35:21AM
I think we saw the answer last night, arlovski just looked way too quick for fedor. Not saying AA would have won but i think he had a really good shot. That 2 times now he has run straight into a fist lol. quit getting so damn excited AA!!
mkiv9secsupra
1/25/09 11:31:04AM
Wanderlei Silva would either KO him or get KO'ed.
casey64
1/25/09 11:38:43AM
A sherman tank maybe.
mrsmiley
1/25/09 11:53:08AM

Posted by warglory

Oh come on, you guys are playing up the Fedor mystique WAY too much. Andrei was owning Fedor on the feet for the time they were exchanging. Fedor looked completely razzled. I don't see how you can witness that and then come on here and wonder how someone can beat him. It's called Arlovski vs Fedor II.

I see what you're saying,but when you read this http://www.afflictionclothing.com/dayofreckoning/event_news_full.pbml?id=4864

Fedor makes it sound like he was baiting AA.He said he knows AA keeps his hands down when he goes for the kill and used that to his advantage.
Not saying that was exactly the case,but something to think about.

As for Fedor VS AA 2.
Would be great to watch,but despite AA's great speed advantage,he's always had a glass jaw,and Fedor only needs one shot as he proved last night.
Randleman and Fujita came closer to beating Fedor than AA did,though I don't think a re-match would have been in their favor either.

I agree with you that AA was winning,but after rewatching the fight,it seems like the only thing that really connected was kicks.During the first viewing I was on pins and needles,but upon a second viewing Fedor did not seem in as much trouble as I thought.He didn't push the action,and kept from getting aggressive.He waited for his shot,and when he got it he capatilized flawlessely.

I think any style could defeat Fedor,the problem is any opponent he's going to face can leave no room for error.Fedor will capatilize on any mistake that is put before him.With that being said,I think the best bet is someone who can put him on his back and employee elbows to his face.
Jackelope
1/25/09 12:01:22PM
Been saying all along that the man who has the best shot is Barnett. And now we'll get to see it
mrsmiley
1/25/09 12:08:55PM

Posted by Jackelope

Been saying all along that the man who has the best shot is Barnett. And now we'll get to see it

I agree.Barnett is the one who has the best shot at the moment.
urbman
1/25/09 12:11:55PM
Probably some type of automatic weapon,when he's having breakfast that way he's not all the way awake yet.
aaa9erh8er
1/25/09 12:28:05PM

Posted by Hendo67

I have no idea, a grenade? shotgun?...who knows?

i was gonna say a shotgun
higdon10
1/25/09 12:51:29PM

Posted by warglory

I wouldnt say that Arlovski was "owning" Fedor before the KO. A rematch would have the same result, Fedor early KO.
MattHughesRules
1/25/09 12:59:48PM
Despite the result last night I think a guy with Arlovski's skill set is the kind of guy who will challenge Fedor. I think we saw it last night before he got caught. You have to be a superior more technical striker with a reach advantage. On top of that you need to have a Sambo/Judo history so you can avoid Fedor taking you to the ground at will. I firmly believe that once on the ground with Fedor you lose...he's just that good. I don't think we will see him lose for a looooong time now. I know Barnett is not going to be able to get it done.
warglory
1/25/09 1:56:13PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by warglory

I wouldnt say that Arlovski was "owning" Fedor before the KO. A rematch would have the same result, Fedor early KO.

How can you possibly come to that conclusion? If it weren't for Arlovski's knee attempt which brought him in range of Fedor's offense, who knows what would have happened. Fedor had no answers for Arlovski.
warglory
1/25/09 2:01:05PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by warglory

I see what you're saying,but when you read this http://www.afflictionclothing.com/dayofreckoning/event_news_full.pbml?id=4864

Fedor makes it sound like he was baiting AA.He said he knows AA keeps his hands down when he goes for the kill and used that to his advantage.

As for Fedor VS AA 2.
Would be great to watch,but despite AA's great speed advantage,he's always had a glass jaw,and Fedor only needs one shot as he proved last night.
Randleman and Fujita came closer to beating Fedor than AA did,though I don't think a re-match would have been in their favor either.

I agree with you that AA was winning,but after rewatching the fight,it seems like the only thing that really connected was kicks.During the first viewing I was on pins and needles,but upon a second viewing Fedor did not seem in as much trouble as I thought.He didn't push the action,and kept from getting aggressive.He waited for his shot,and when he got it he capatilized flawlessely.

I think any style could defeat Fedor,the problem is any opponent he's going to face can leave no room for error.Fedor will capatilize on any mistake that is put before him.With that being said,I think the best bet is someone who can put him on his back and employee elbows to his face.

Of course Fedor is going to say those things, but he also said he was having no trouble finding his range. Do you honestly believe that he wasn't having trouble finding his range? Every time he went on the offensive, Arlovski had an answer for him. I just find it hard to believe that Fedor was in control of that fight. I don't think he was frustrated or anything, and he could have definitely won the fight, but Arlovski for the brief encounter, was executing very well.
haggiswashere
1/25/09 3:30:41PM
With 4 votes I am happy to announce I am moving up 3 weight classes to defeat Fedor. With my trademark "Haggis Boxing" I am confident that I will leave with the win.
dannyfrank
1/25/09 3:42:00PM
uhh.... a well rounded mma fighter who is better than fedor would be my guess

or a barrett
king_katool
1/25/09 3:48:22PM
watching andre last night made me believe the spider would actually do good vs fedor
mrsmiley
1/25/09 4:16:58PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by warglory

As for Fedor VS AA 2.

Of course Fedor is going to say those things, but he also said he was having no trouble finding his range. Do you honestly believe that he wasn't having trouble finding his range? Every time he went on the offensive, Arlovski had an answer for him. I just find it hard to believe that Fedor was in control of that fight. I don't think he was frustrated or anything, and he could have definitely won the fight, but Arlovski for the brief encounter, was executing very well.

Well like I said,May not have been the case,but it's something to think about.

AA was definently on fire,no doubt about it.But as I mentioned,it didn't seem as dominating upon watching it for the second time.Not that AA wasn't doing anything,because he was setting the pace for sure.
Best Fight Fedors had in a while.
copcopps
1/25/09 4:44:41PM
Clicked Sambo/Submission wrestling and BJJ because Arona IMO should've won that fight. But then I saw that actual wrestling was an option and I would've picked that since Arona's more of a wrestler than a BJJ guy.

Boxing's a close second
cmill21
1/25/09 5:42:05PM

Posted by warglory

How can you possibly come to that conclusion? If it weren't for Arlovski's knee attempt which brought him in range of Fedor's offense, who knows what would have happened. Fedor had no answers for Arlovski.

I dunno the over hand right was a pretty good answer...

EDIT: Katool, the thing that makes me think Anderson would get mauled is that he doesn't have good wrestling and Fedor on top of you is not going to end well.
Drudinh
1/26/09 2:41:49AM

Posted by haggiswashere

With 4 votes I am happy to announce I am moving up 3 weight classes to defeat Fedor. With my trademark "Haggis Boxing" I am confident that I will leave with the win.

I dunno if sharks with friggen lasers attached to their heads will beat Fedor... but good luck with that. eat lots of beef and ice cream, and make fun of sambo or mother russia to distract him; but do something before he goes bezerker or he will rip your limbs off.
haggiswashere
1/27/09 5:13:25PM

Posted by Drudinh

Posted by haggiswashere

I dunno if sharks with friggen lasers attached to their heads will beat Fedor... but good luck with that. eat lots of beef and ice cream, and make fun of sambo or mother russia to distract him; but do something before he goes bezerker or he will rip your limbs off.

I'm currently training with russian sambo extraordinaire Zangief from street fighter too. I think it will help.
AchillesHeel
1/27/09 5:39:49PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by warglory

I dunno the over hand right was a pretty good answer...

Nice.

While it's true that Arlovski was winning right up until he lost, my feeling is that Fedor will be going back to the drawing board and I'd be surprised if anyone can meaningfully use what Arlovski showed us, even Arlovski himself. This isn't the first time someone had Fedor in trouble. The end of the fight was surprising, in that it was sudden, but it wasn't a surprise, in that it was unexpected. We all knew Arlovski's chin is... um... not the best. Didn't we?

That said, I do think that Arlovski represents one type of fighter who could give Fedor a rumble. So does Cro Cop. But again, we knew this already. Others in that category might include Alistair Overeem and Cheick Kongo, although I wouldn't go so far as to pick either one against Fedor.
Pookie
1/27/09 9:23:09PM

Posted by haggiswasher

I'm currently training with russian sambo extraordinaire Zangief from street fighter too. I think it will help.

Ahh the master of the spinning pile-driver...

If Napoleon Dynamite has taught me anything, it's that girls only like guys with great skills. And there is no greater skill than the infamous spinning pile driver as performed by Zangief from the Street Fighter series.

The manliest wrestling move ever conceived, the spinning pile driver involves Zangief grappling his opponent into an inescapable doom grip, turning them upside down, jumping with them roughly fifteen feet into the air (spinning the whole time, of course), and ends with Zangief driving his opponent's head into the ground below with earth-shattering force.

A tricky maneuver, the piledriver requires a 360 degree rotation of the joystick followed by the well timed press of a punch button. This takes intense concentration and can only be pulled off by the most skilled Street Fighter. Added to the degree of difficulty is the fact that the vast majority of Zangief's competitors are girly-sissy-boys that fear being piledrivered and will hurl spit and toss all manner of crazy fireballs at him in a vain, cowardly attempt to keep Zangief at a distance and escape the piledriver's wrath.

Upon witnessing this feat of manly Street Fightery, women cannot help but audibly swoon. Master Zangief and I can guarantee you will have throngs of women following you from arcade to arcade.
Pages: [1] 2