Stubbed Toes

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Stubbed Toes
Aether
7/27/12 11:12:05PM
I stubbed my toe pretty hard a few weeks ago, and I like to tell everyone about all of the colours my toe is turning, also to see if anyone else has a similar story. The impact was horizontally across the top of my big toenail (bringing my back foot down while stepping over my computer.) Happened 3 weeks ago and it went from red to blue to green to purple. The nail is probably falling off, it feels loose when I touch it, pretty sure it's dead.

Has anyone here killed any of their nails and have them fall off completely?
prophecy033
7/27/12 11:14:04PM
I've hit both my pinky toes so hard that the outside of the nail split and now actually grows independently from the main nail. you cant really tell unless i forget to trim them for awhile.
Budgellism
7/28/12 12:32:53AM

Posted by Aether

I stubbed my toe pretty hard a few weeks ago, and I like to tell everyone about all of the colours my toe is turning, also to see if anyone else has a similar story. The impact was horizontally across the top of my big toenail (bringing my back foot down while stepping over my computer.) Happened 3 weeks ago and it went from red to blue to green to purple. The nail is probably falling off, it feels loose when I touch it, pretty sure it's dead.

Has anyone here killed any of their nails and have them fall off completely?

My friend Zoe slammed my index finger in the locker we shared in grade 9 by accident. At first it was just really bloody, then it started doing the same sort of transformation yours is doing. It was black/really dark purple for a little while. It took about a month but the nail did fall off.
sbulldavid
7/28/12 12:53:53AM
Happens all the time I just wait until it's totally dead and work it off. It will look funky for a while but you'll grow something back eventually and it will look normal after some time.
Aether
7/28/12 1:05:06AM
Now that I think about it, this computer has claimed 2 of my toenails. The other one hit the front of the toe though, and the nail just peeled off.
Adrenaline
7/28/12 6:46:46AM
A couple of years ago I was on a dead sprint through my buddies house and I didn't realize that there was short step up into the hallway (must have been an addition or something, still don't know why the floor raised 2 inches) anyway I nailed that step at full speed and my big toe all but exploded in my shoe. It was gnarly shit. Before I could get my shoe off (after rolling around cursing in agony) the toes of the shoe was filled with blood. When I got the shoe/sock off my toe looked like the undead got a hold of it and used it as a chew toy. It haunts me to this day

It healed though so its all good
kopower
7/28/12 11:46:28AM
I've lost a few toe nails over the years. Mainly from jamming them inside my turf shoes playing softball. The last time it happened, the dead toenail hung on until a new one completely formed underneath it.