Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey - Conference Call Quotes

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Strikeforce: Tate vs. Rousey - Conference Call Quotes
emfleek
2/21/12 1:47:38PM
"She's pissed me off in a lot of ways and I've taken a lot of what she has said personally...I want to finish this fight." - Miesha Tate

"To get women to do MMA, they have to feel like there's a future in it. That's the same reason I quit judo." - Ronda Rousey

"It's gonna be a gamechanger when she finally eats some leather this time." - Miesha Tate

"Ronda Rousey is way more talk than anything else. I'm not buying into it at all." - Miesha Tate

"I just think it's funny that Ronda is always the first person to break eye contact." - Miesha Tate

"I'm a Magic The Gathering player, so I plan to put a Red Deck, direct damage offense on Miesha Tate." - Ronda Rousey

"I've been practicing mixed martial arts six times more than she has. She's maybe thrown five punches in her entire career." - Miesha Tate

"I'm always Fight of the Night. No need to talk anymore about it; people know what I deliver." - KJ Noons

"I'm not really worried about the armbar. I think it would be a big rookie mistake to be training armbar defense every day." - Miesha Tate

"I think that Ronda has a lot of hype. I don't think she is deserving of a title shot as a lot of people like Kaufman." - Miesha Tate

"At 4-0 and never having fought at 135 lbs., Ronda didn't deserve this title shot. But, it is what it is." - Miesha Tate

"I created a rivalry on purpose. I have enough friends. It's not personal to me, but I understand why she doesn't like me." - Ronda Rousey

"She can take it personal if she wants but I don't." - Ronda Rousey

"Judo is a great grappling art for MMA. It really emphasizes transitions. It's been underappreciated." - Ronda Rousey

"I'm not looking to be a gym hero but to deliver on fight night. I had a long camp since I had such a long layoff." - Josh Thomson

"We did something different this camp. I've spent half my career on the shelf. We really cut back on the workload." - Josh Thomson

"Ronda has probably had more matwork than any female fighter that I know of." - Scott Coker

"You have to think about the entire scope of the athlete." - Scott Coker (on Rousey's spot as a contender)
emfleek
2/21/12 1:48:51PM
One thing I've gathered over the past few weeks of the hype build-up for this fight? Miesha Tate comes off as reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally whiney.
grappler0000
2/21/12 2:20:15PM
I thought Miesha was over the whole "she doesn't deserve it" thing. It makes her sound so bad, yet I don't think she realizes it. Talk trash all you want, but a champion doesn't pick and choose their opponents...so there's no point in even talking about it, unless you're trying to do just that.
emfleek
2/21/12 2:25:08PM

Posted by grappler0000

I thought Miesha was over the whole "she doesn't deserve it" thing. It makes her sound so bad, yet I don't think she realizes it. Talk trash all you want, but a champion doesn't pick and choose their opponents...so there's no point in even talking about it, unless you're trying to do just that.

Absolutely.

Rousey deserves it simply because she's the one putting butts in seats and selling the fight. Miesha seems content to remain in obscurity fighting the likes of Jane Doe.

I think what it boils down to is the fact that Miesha was wanting/hoping for easy fights so she can hold on to her belt for a while. Not going to happen, imo.
postman
2/21/12 2:57:07PM
I swear to god I will destroy my tv is these two hug it out after the fight. I mean maybe a congrats back tap but thats it.Too much shit talking to be friends in the end.
emfleek
2/21/12 2:58:49PM

Posted by postman

I swear to god I will destroy my tv is these two hug it out after the fight. I mean maybe a congrats back tap but thats it.Too much shit talking to be friends in the end.

I can see Ronda squashing it when it's all said and done. Miesha on the other hand...I think she's a grudge holder.
Wallass
2/21/12 3:12:40PM
Anyone who plays Magic the Gathering is a loser.
emfleek
2/21/12 3:18:22PM

Posted by Wallass

Anyone who plays Magic the Gathering is a loser.

Quit being a troll. Trolls are losers.
FastKnockout
2/21/12 3:28:52PM
"I'm a Magic The Gathering player, so I plan to put a Red Deck, direct damage offense on Miesha Tate."

Love it. Used to be big on collecting cards when I was 10-14 but fell out of it in my older years. It's awesome seeing someone like her admit to her nerdy side.
shaneTpain
2/21/12 5:50:00PM

Posted by postman

Gonna be hard to hug it out when your arms super broken Rousey 2012 whaddup
tcunningham
2/21/12 10:06:39PM
"I'm a Magic The Gathering player, so I plan to put a Red Deck, direct damage offense on Miesha Tate." - Ronda Rousey

FUCKING CLASSIC! i dont even know what that game is, but its comments like that that make me want rousey to win more and more.