Strikeforce talking to ex-champ Cristiane 'Cyborg' Santos about drop to bantamweight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Strikeforce talking to ex-champ Cristiane 'Cyborg' Santos about drop to bantamweight
lohmann
8/8/12 8:08:48PM
The one-year suspension of Cristiane 'Cyborg' Santos (10-1 MMA, 4-0 SF) ends in mid-December, and Strikeforce officials are already looking at her next move.

It's a possible move down in weight to the bantamweight division, where next week's winner of champ Ronda Rousey vs. Sarah Kaufman could await.

"We'll have to talk to [Santos] at that time and see what her interest is as far as going down in weight," Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I know it's something that (Strikeforce matchmaker) Sean (Shelby) has had dialogue about, fighting at 135."

link
prophecy033
8/8/12 8:14:34PM
Is it just me or does she look like Gilbert Melendez?
ThaAxeMurderer7
8/8/12 9:13:39PM

Posted by prophecy033

Is it just me or does she look like Gilbert Melendez?

I guess maybe in the cheeks. I'm not sure if I really see it or if I'm trying to hard to notice it.
tcunningham
8/8/12 11:16:37PM
great fighter,but she is the manliest looking woman. i think she would tear ronda a new one though
Twenty20Dollars
8/9/12 3:02:55PM
Are there any other female fighters that fight at 145?