Strikeforce Signs Zaromskis

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Strikeforce Signs Zaromskis
Bowen50
10/31/09 5:25:56PM
Dream welterweight champion Marius Zaromskis has come to terms on a multi-fight contract with Strikeforce, according to officials within the promotion.

An emerging superstar at 170 pounds, the 29-year-old Lithuanian could make his promotional debut on Dec. 19 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif. Zaromskis will still compete inside the Japan-based Dream organization, which has formed an alliance with Strikeforce.

Link
Bowen50
10/31/09 5:30:10PM
after Zaromskis' display in the WWGP i became an instant fan. i'd like to see how he fares against a great wrestler. hopefully he kicks Diaz's head off en route to the UFC so we can see him against the best wrestlers the WW division has to offer to get an idea of how good he really is.
bjj1605
10/31/09 5:30:23PM
Excellent... a reason for Jake Shields to drop back down to WW.
kopower
10/31/09 5:54:30PM
Strikeforce is putting together a nice little roster. Looks like they just might be around for awhile.
sparky
10/31/09 6:00:49PM
huge pick up for strikeforce
DCRage
10/31/09 6:13:27PM
And perhaps another DREAM title having to be vacated. There should be a rule about champions not being allowed to jump ship like this.
SpiderSilva
10/31/09 6:21:39PM
WoW thats bad ass Im glad to see he will be fighting in the US this guys has became one of my favs within the last year
Aether
10/31/09 6:45:12PM
If he continues the way that he is, he should be given the nickname "lil crocop" lol.
gartface
10/31/09 6:48:26PM
!!! Bring on Jake Shields!
jae_1833
10/31/09 6:48:39PM

Posted by DCRage

And perhaps another DREAM title having to be vacated. There should be a rule about champions not being allowed to jump ship like this.

I think it'll be allright, wasn't SF looking to do a crossover with Dream? Sharing fighters is the only thing that will give SF a solid stable of fighters to pick from.
hotrodttt
10/31/09 7:07:34PM

Posted by Aether

If he continues the way that he is, he should be given the nickname "lil crocop" lol.

Nope, sorry, Zelg already has had dibbs on that name for like 3 years now.
RMFG_187
10/31/09 7:14:30PM
I love Zaromskis. He is one of the most exciting fighters too watch. You know some weird jumping flashy strikes will happen and a Head Kick is coming but you don't know which side and when. He reminds me of a little crazy more gutsy version of Remy.
EvenFlow
10/31/09 7:36:34PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Aether

Not that I want Zaromskis to take that nickname because it wouldnt be original but Kirill had Baby Fedor for awhile, however I think his recent showings have stripped him of that name haha
TimW001
10/31/09 7:43:05PM
Ooooohhhh so exiting!

BustedKnuckle
10/31/09 8:04:17PM
Great. Marius is a wreckingball. I hope he is ready to go for their next card....whenever that is? Just glad to be able to watch him live from now on.
Aether
10/31/09 11:23:57PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Aether

His main nickname is benkei though, and he is nothing like crocop, he's just from croatia heh.
higdon10
11/1/09 1:03:34AM
Awesome addition.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/1/09 11:50:29AM
Im not sure i will get the same excitement without schiavello screaming hold on, wait a minute, let me put some zaromskis in it! man i love schiavello . This whole dream/strikeforce/m1 sharing fighters really is a beautiful thing
RMFG_187
11/1/09 4:55:51PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Aether

His main nickname is benkei though, and he is nothing like crocop, he's just from croatia heh.

I thought he was from Lithuania....